Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

Sorry to hear about Riverdales QB, hope he has a great recovery .........

As for the game, the above mentioned is enough to pick this one. Riverdale will not stand a chance playing the Rebels without the starting QB. Tooooo many things going against the Warriors from the start > QB out > at Maryville (just looking at the scoreboard listing all the state championships is intimidating )> this Maryville team is better than the 09 > very physical team .....OL punishes defensive players on every run, do not get caught standing around #57 will lower the boom >DB are very hard hitting players #29 , #1 and #17 come to play every down.....#20 makes plays all over the field....LB /and DL are very strong at the point of attack.

GQ/and staff are the best coaches around

Maryville goes on to play for another Gold Ball

Wish Riverdale fans safe travel to the Black Hole

Edited by Frinitlites

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's DNJ article about Riverdale: Experience helps Odom

and yesterday's stories: QB Woodruff out for season with injury and Riverdale can avenge '09 loss

Monday's article was Riverdale defense peaking

Thanks Dave.....no storries hear inn tha Mairvul Misprint.....Butt eye will shair my cookin' lessun wif you'uns cents eye'm pitchin' inn and stuffin' tha bird fer momma and tha pups..... :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NCPyd0sWVs&feature=related

Edited by STARSNBARS

I think we are going to see a good game Friday night. It sounds like Riverdale's young team they brought in 09 has matured (so has ours). Evidently, their defense is good - holding mathers down last week (so is ours). I assume (don't know) that they are well coached and learned something from 2 years ago (so should ours). I would think they would make the adjustments (and so should we). They should be the best visiting team all year at dear old murvil high.

Can they weather murvil's normal hot start? Can they make some big plays on offense? Can they create a couple of turnovers? Can they adjust when murvil makes their adjustments? Can they guess when the bag of tricks will be opened and be in the right place? Will they keep their head in the game if murvil goes up 2 scores/or more? How would murvil react if they find themselves down a couple of scores?

As usual, if we protect the ball and cover the deep routes, I really like our chances. The qb loss has to be a factor (7 pts). Playing at home is worth a few more points (3 pts). Our reputation that everyone has heard about (8 pts). Riverdale being the most talented team murvil has faced this year (-4 points). Stars can check my math, but I think that comes to:

Murvil - 21

Riverdale - 7

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, a safe trip, and the kids all stay safe during the game. I look forward to a good competitive game.

I think Riverdale is in for a long night. Maryville is a solid team with no visible weakness. Line is very impressive. Very good skill position players on both sides of the ball. Great coaching! My suggestion for Riverdale would be to work the clock and try to hit some seam routes. Most important, very very long cleats. Ton of rain up here on a worn track. For Maryville, keep on keepin on. Mary 35 River 14

Since we seem to be getting along so well with the Riverdale fans, I suggest we think of a way to identify all of the Coach T'ers. I will be wearing clothing that has my Coach T name on it. Starsnbars looks just like his picture. I have attached a pic of Grey Rider. Feel free to add your photo or identifiers. Safe travels.

mullet.jpg

PS: The mullet guy is an Oak Ridge buddy of Grey Rider. G.R. is in the overhauls. :roflol:

:ph34r:

I think Riverdale is in for a long night. Maryville is a solid team with no visible weakness. Line is very impressive. Very good skill position players on both sides of the ball. Great coaching! My suggestion for Riverdale would be to work the clock and try to hit some seam routes. Most important, very very long cleats. Ton of rain up here on a worn track. For Maryville, keep on keepin on. Mary 35 River 14

Good point nation. The poor field will factor in as well - I would assume it would be the same for both teams if Riverdale wears their long cleats. If they don't, add another 6 points.

Since we seem to be getting along so well with the Riverdale fans, I suggest we think of a way to identify all of the Coach T'ers. I will be wearing clothing that has my Coach T name on it. Starsnbars looks just like his picture. I have attached a pic of Grey Rider. Feel free to add your photo or identifiers. Safe travels.

mullet.jpg

PS: The mullet guy is an Oak Ridge buddy of Grey Rider. G.R. is in the overhauls. :roflol:

:ph34r:

Now RR, you know the picture for Stars is his glamour shot he had made couple years ago. He dresses down for the games, lol JK Stars

Edited by tnnitehawk