Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been through everything so this may have been discussed. Maybe Limbaugh knows the answer.

When was the last time all four #1 seeds made it to the semi-finals, and all four were undefeated?

Has anyone provided a 'where to park' tutorial? I'll be coming in from Gatlinburg.

Hopefully we can make it entertaining Friday night.

Go Warriors!!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Napping. Recovering from long hours writing papers for history classes.

TSSAA records goes back to 1997 (year my son won a ring :thumb: )

http://www.tssaa.org/pastchampions/index.htm

In 5A and later 6A, this has never happened before. Tennessean article mentioned above is Bracket in 6A is a class above

and talks about 2004 4A bracket that was pretty good.

Keep in mind prior to 2009 there were 8 #1 seeds, one for each region. Since 1997, I have found these semifinals that had at least 3 #1s:

1st Region 1 - D.Bennett (9-1)

1st region 3 - Red Bank (10-0)

1st Region 5 - Riverdale (9-1)

2nd Region 7 - Cordova (7-3)

1st Region 1 - D. Bennett (8-2)

1st Region 4 - Riverdale (9-1)

1st Region 6 - Brentwood (9-1)

1st Region 8 - Germantown (10-0)

1st Region 2 - Oak Ridge (9-1)

1st Region 4 - Riverdale (8-2)

3rd Region 5 - Franklin (8-2)

1st Region 8 - Germantown (9-1)

1st Region 2 - Oak Ridge (9-1)

1st Region 4 - Riverdale (10-0)

1st Region 6 - Ravenwood (9-1)

1st Region 7 - Ridgeway (9-0-1)

2nd Region 4 - Smyrna (7-3)

1st Region 1 - Bearden (9-1)

1st Region 7 - Millington (10-0)

1st Region 6 - Independence (7-3)

2009 - First Year of new Seeding method

#2 Maryville (9-1)

#4 Riverdale (8-2)

#2 Brentwood (8-2)

#2 White Station (8-2)

three of four #1's lost in first round.

Last year:

#2 Maryville (9-1)

#5 Oak Ridge (6-4)

#1 Smyrna (9-1)

#1 Whitehaven (9-1)

Folks have been replying to your parking question. If memory serves me right, best thing to do is get there early enough to park in parking lot behind visitor stands. Hang left past stadium, road runs behind end zone, turn left again. That leaves a very short walk. For those making their first visit to the Black Hole ( wait, if you are not making your first visit, does that give others hope of escape? :D ) it is a neat place, situated in a neighborhood. Fun atmosphere.

Folks have been replying to your parking question. If memory serves me right, best thing to do is get there early enough to park in parking lot behind visitor stands. Hang left past stadium, road runs behind end zone, turn left again. That leaves a very short walk. For those making their first visit to the Black Hole ( wait, if you are not making your first visit, does that give others hope of escape? :D ) it is a neat place, situated in a neighborhood. Fun atmosphere.

skeeterdome.jpg

This is one reason I don't subscribe. I thought it would get better when the out of state ownership group sold the paper to the Greeneville

Sun. They proceeded to lock most of the articles from (free) internet viewing.

MARYVILLE -- The sale of The Daily Times of Maryville and its related Websites to Blount County Publishers, LLC is final, having closed at midnight Sunday.

Blount County Publishers LLC is owned by the Greeneville-based John M. Jones family and is a sister company of Jones Media, Inc., parent company of The Greeneville Sun.

An agreement in principle for the sale to Blount County Publishers by Horvitz Newspapers, LLC was announced by the two companies on July 2.

The terms of the sale were not announced.

As the sale became final, Gregg K. Jones, president and chief executive officer of Jones Media Inc. and Blount County Publishers LLC, announced that Ralph C. Baldwin Jr. has been named interim publisher of The Daily Times.

Baldwin has been chief operating officer of Jones Media Inc. for a little more than two years, after having served as publisher of The Daily Post-Athenian in Athens for 2

The Daily Post-Athenian's parent company is

Jones said that the process of selecting a publisher to head The Daily Times is under way, and that the company expects to have a publisher named in the next several weeks.

The Jones family, whose history in the newspaper publishing business in East Tennessee dates to 1916, is the owner of 14 community newspapers and nine travel/tourism guides published in East Tennessee and western North Carolina.

l

Greeneville Sun

There is a guy that writes a column on Sunday that's pretty good.

Edited by ClemsonDad

Ok, to stir the pot a little.

When the TSSAA proposed their 'Z' plan I tried to convince them that it was ill-conceived because there was (and still is) no deterrent to schedule down to garner wins. Look at current system,

http://www.tssaa.org...rd.cfm?class=6A

In first tie-breakers, classification is not a factor.

The example I have always used is Lavergne in our district. I have suggested they schedule five 1A schools in the area to make sure they get five wins and then one district win may get them in. They beat 3A semifinalist CAK this year.

The plan I gave them a couple of years ago is a pretty simple one.

A win is worth 100 plus opponents number of wins.

Add or subtract 20 from that for every difference in class.

Regardless if you win or lose the game, multiple the opponents wins by 5.

If team is same class or higher, multiple wins of opponent by 2.

Regardless of the outcome of Friday's game, Riverdale has had a pretty amazing season. I suggested a story to Krueger about it and to research if anyone has done something similar.

If my system was in place this year, when the season ended, Maryville would have a score of 1230 and a 5-0 record against 6A competition

Mt Juliet would have a score of 1192 and a 5-0 record against 6A competition.

Whitehaven came in at 1146 and a 2-0 record against 6-A teams.

Riverdale? 1418 and a 8-0 record against 6A schools. The two non-6A teams are in the semifinals this week in 4A and 5A. More remarkable is that 9 of 10 teams on Riverdale's schedule made the playoffs and the one team that didn't was afore-mentioned Lavergne.

Before others get mad at me again :roflol: I am not posting this as a slam to others schedules or schools or as a statement that Riverdale is going to win.

Just thought I would share....

Whitehaven's opponents' record was 58-42. Mt Juliet 43-57. Maryville 54-45 (William Blount only played 9 games?) Riverdale? 63-37 - Every team but one on Riverdale's schedule had a winning record. Maryville played 5 teams with winning records. Mt Juliet 4. Whitehaven 7. Again, regardless of how Riverdale does Friday, it is a remarkable year...

Edited by davidlimbaugh