Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

I figured that was the case two years ago when they told our flag lady that she needed to take her flags down. If you scroll up a few pages to the picture of the field in '09 you can see her great flags she has been putting up for years.

I had a hint because of the school I grew up watching and attended my freshman year (lettered in basketball :) ) and it's mascot. The pictures in the video during the first song and the second song itself may explain my hunch. The first song still gives me chills of the memories of waiting for the games to start and the band marching into the stadium. Maybe I can get the Riverdale band to start playing this next year?

Good stuff Dave....Wuzn't Condridge Holloway frum Butler??....Orr wuz hit Lee???... :unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Dave....Wuzn't Condridge Holloway frum Butler??....Orr wuz hit Lee???... :unsure:

He played at Lee during that time. I was playing little league baseball when he was playing high school ball. He was a great baseball player as well. I was lucky enough to grow up four blocks from Milton Frank Stadium and Huntsville Park so I got to watch him and other great players play football and baseball growing up. I imagine growing up in the neighborhood around Maryville would have been the same way. I always tell people that between Condredge and Jimmy Key my hometown produced most of Toronto's favorite athletes outside of hockey. And speaking of small world, the baseball coach here at Middle Tennessee State played high school ball at Lee during that time.

I am soooo excited to leave tomorrow I first must leave for work at 3am...i hope to be done around 9am...pick up a kid to take to the game after that and hope to be on the road to maryville at 11am and then meet up with my fellow WARRIORS for a nice lunch and hopefully a great game...

I am not going to make a score prediction but i will pick my WARRIORS TO WIN after i am RIVERDALEMAN but what i do find troubling is the predictions on this thread of how bad we are going to get beat and evena prediction that they dont THINK this will be a mercy rule...I sure hope we can put on a better showing then what people think we are able to do as I would HATE to make that drive and have to be back at work at 4Am on saturday...so im looking forward to my WARRIORS buckling up their chin straps and giving a fight and at least make this game competitive

I am soooo excited to leave tomorrow I first must leave for work at 3am...i hope to be done around 9am...pick up a kid to take to the game after that and hope to be on the road to maryville at 11am and then meet up with my fellow WARRIORS for a nice lunch and hopefully a great game...

I am not going to make a score prediction but i will pick my WARRIORS TO WIN after i am RIVERDALEMAN but what i do find troubling is the predictions on this thread of how bad we are going to get beat and evena prediction that they dont THINK this will be a mercy rule...I sure hope we can put on a better showing then what people think we are able to do as I would HATE to make that drive and have to be back at work at 4Am on saturday...so im looking forward to my WARRIORS buckling up their chin straps and giving a fight and at least make this game competitive

Well, it is the eve of Riverdale invading in on "The Black Hole". We have talked enough about flags on poles and smoking Tee-pees (Which is probably dry ice). Now, the injured QB. Yes, it is very unfortunate, but this is part of any sport. The 1972 Miami dolphins went 17-0 with a back up QB through most of the season. LSU beat the Vols in a SEC championship game with a back up QB and RB not too long ago. In 2010, the Rebels beat Smyrna in the state championship with Robinette in the "twi-lite zone" during the entire second half. Good teams find a way to win with injuries. To quote George W. Bush, "Let's Roll!" Time to play to the game. Good luck to both communities and teams.

Go Rebels!!!

Well, it is the eve of Riverdale invading in on "The Black Hole". We have talked enough about flags on poles and smoking Tee-pees (Which is probably dry ice). Now, the injured QB. Yes, it is very unfortunate, but this is part of any sport. The 1972 Miami dolphins went 17-0 with a back up QB through most of the season. LSU beat the Vols in a SEC championship game with a back up QB and RB not too long ago. In 2010, the Rebels beat Smyrna in the state championship with Robinette in the "twi-lite zone" during the entire second half. Good teams find a way to win with injuries. To quote George W. Bush, "Let's Roll!" Time to play to the game. Good luck to both communities and teams.

Go Rebels!!!

if we get beat the last thing you will hear from us is an excuse...in fact i think by the end of the game either win or lose your going to be saying wow this is the back up QB the the starter must be REALLY good...Dale is a good Qb and he will do just fine so we will come down there and run our game plan just as if Woody was in there and lets see what happens

if we get beat the last thing you will hear from us is an excuse...in fact i think by the end of the game either win or lose your going to be saying wow this is the back up QB the the starter must be REALLY good...Dale is a good Qb and he will do just fine so we will come down there and run our game plan just as if Woody was in there and lets see what happens

Best wishes to both teams. I will be pulling for Maryville since they are my east tennessee bros! But, i do wish Riverdale and their backup QB the best wishes, they are a fantastic program too! I will showup after work, since i live about 10 mins from the black hole :thumb:

Best wishes to both teams. I will be pulling for Maryville since they are my east tennessee bros! But, i do wish Riverdale and their backup QB the best wishes, they are a fantastic program too! I will showup after work, since i live about 10 mins from the black hole :thumb:

This should be interesting. I'm most curious how Maryville will take on the D-line for Riverdale. They're darn good up front, Robinette is very goodbut nobodies really been able to pressure him. Can the Warriors rush him?? I think that's the difference. Two great teams, lots of pride, what high school footballs all about!!

This should be interesting. I'm most curious how Maryville will take on the D-line for Riverdale. They're darn good up front, Robinette is very goodbut nobodies really been able to pressure him. Can the Warriors rush him?? I think that's the difference. Two great teams, lots of pride, what high school footballs all about!!

I think the Maryville OL will fare just fine aqgainst them, although it will be the best Defensive front they will have seen all year, besides Oak Ridge jk jk jk lol....Maryville's O-Line is the best in the state, bar none.

I think the Maryville OL will fare just fine aqgainst them, although it will be the best Defensive front they will have seen all year, besides Oak Ridge jk jk jk lol....Maryville's O-Line is the best in the state, bar none.

We are about to find out!! Trying to get some buddies to go to this game( yard pass issues). I think the rebels o-line will be o.k., already said Maryville by 30 but if I were Riverdale, thats where I would hang my hat, only chance to beat them is to have Robinette running for his life.

We are about to find out!! Trying to get some buddies to go to this game( yard pass issues). I think the rebels o-line will be o.k., already said Maryville by 30 but if I were Riverdale, thats where I would hang my hat, only chance to beat them is to have Robinette running for his life.

Yeah, when we (OR) played Maryville i swear we didn't lay a hand all night on Robinette, i bet he didn't even have to wash his jersey after the game, unless he sweated a lot, and i don't really think he did, cause he looks like an old spice swagger deodorant kinda guy jk...Seriously, unless they pressure him, which is gonna be tough to do with that OL they will be in for a LONG night, cause he will absolutely pick them apart.

Yeah, when we (OR) played Maryville i swear we didn't lay a hand all night on Robinette, i bet he didn't even have to wash his jersey after the game, unless he sweated a lot, and i don't really think he did, cause he looks like an old spice swagger deodorant kinda guy jk...Seriously, unless they pressure him, which is gonna be tough to do with that OL they will be in for a LONG night, cause he will absolutely pick them apart.

I agree, Warriors DB'S and corners are small but very fast. The Maryville recievers are great route runners and tall.... Robinette with time== lots of points.