Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

Riverdale beat SIX 6A playoff teams, one 4A team still playing and one 5A team still playing as well as the #4 team in Kentucky in St. X. The only team they beat regular season that did not make the playoffs was LaVergne who finished at 3-7 but managed to defeat CAK.

Maryville defeated only three 6A playoff teams during the regular season, one 5A team that is still alive (West), 3A Alcoa who was WAY down this year and poor Knox Webb who finished 9-3 in DIIA.

Scary stuff ... Geez , it's the " Big Boys " all over again .

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be unable to make the trip, but wish BOTH teams an injury free game as the winner has an even bigger game next week!

Warriors you are a great TEAM. Now show you are greater as a team than just one player. Play hard, play honorably. It is all anyone could ask for.

R'dale folks you probably do not need the reminder BUT, Maryville is on that funny Eastern time zone! :roflol:

I will be unable to make the trip, but wish BOTH teams an injury free game as the winner has an even bigger game next week!

Warriors you are a great TEAM. Now show you are greater as a team than just one player. Play hard, play honorably. It is all anyone could ask for.

R'dale folks you probably do not need the reminder BUT, Maryville is on that funny Eastern time zone! :roflol:

BUMP!!!! Step 4! GO WARRIORS! :hungry:

Be sure to catch the game on wgns, There is a great article today on Andrew Dale and also a good time capsule of both teams. Prayers are with both teams and for safe traveling. Go Warriors.

I see even Tom picked against us tonight....

Which isn't surprising.

I still believe in the warriors.

Can't believe today is finally here. I had a dream about this game last night. I was locked up somewhere and I couldn't see the game and it had already been played and I kept asking people for the score and no one knew it and I started crying. Yeah that was random I know! Lol

Then I woke up and realized I'm not locked up, I'm going to the game, I haven't missed it because it hasn't been played yet.. I feel much better now!

I am soooo excited to leave tomorrow I first must leave for work at 3am...i hope to be done around 9am...pick up a kid to take to the game after that and hope to be on the road to maryville at 11am and then meet up with my fellow WARRIORS for a nice lunch and hopefully a great game...

I am not going to make a score prediction but i will pick my WARRIORS TO WIN after i am RIVERDALEMAN but what i do find troubling is the predictions on this thread of how bad we are going to get beat and evena prediction that they dont THINK this will be a mercy rule...I sure hope we can put on a better showing then what people think we are able to do as I would HATE to make that drive and have to be back at work at 4Am on saturday...so im looking forward to my WARRIORS buckling up their chin straps and giving a fight and at least make this game competitive

Riverdaleman, I was not in anyway trying to make light of the Warriors in this game. I meant, and may have used the wrong words,( ie. no mercy rule), that the Rebels are in for a game tonight. Rebels three games in playoff so far have gone mercy rule (in Sevier County game it went mercy rule, then back to standard clock after they scored a late TD). I believe Riverdale is to good a football team for us to be able to repeat the rule again. Have a safe trip down, the weather looks great for the game tonite.