Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now don't know much abowt tha "Gildid Age"...Butt eye did haiv sum buddies who used two work at tha "Gildid Mirrers" down on 411..... :thumb:

Happy Thanksgiving and saif travulls tamorree.....

The Gilded Age is about a family that moves from Obedstown, Tennessee right after the civil war to Missouri. I don't know much about it either, got about 300 pages to go...

OldRebel2,

Why must you stir up this crazy news of deaths from flags on poles? Friday there can only be 1 flag on a pole. Yep, "The stars and Stripes". A flag we can all agree on! Located on the visitors side oddly enough!?

Cruiser, just a thought but I believe the flag is on the visitors side because of the difference in size of the home bleachers and visitors. The home side is twice as tall as the visitors and a pole would have been more difficult to see. The flag pole is new this year, replaced the one that was alot smaller and was difficult to see because of its position near the Cedar Street Fence. The much taller, and nicer pole, can be seen from all areas of the stadium. :thumb:

Edited by tnnitehawk

OldReb, just a thought but I believe the flag is on the visitors side because of the difference in size of the home bleachers and visitors. The home side is twice as tall as the visitors and a pole would have been more difficult to see. The flag pole is new this year, replaced the one that was alot smaller and was difficult to see because of its position near the Cedar Street Fence. The much taller, and nicer pole, can be seen from all areas of the stadium. :thumb:

I actually knew that. I was just taking a poke at the "pole" policy. The new pole actually was donated from the Delmar Haynes site. The old pole was small and tilted at about 10%. Glad MHS got a new one.

I actually knew that. I was just taking a poke at the "pole" policy. The new pole actually was donated from the Delmar Haynes site. The old pole was small and tilted at about 10%. Glad MHS got a new one.

Sorry Old Reb, meant the reply for Cruiser, made the edit. Agree that it does look good, also agree that policy is odd, no poles cause they could be dangerous, but just let it rain and see how many umbrellas with pointed ends pop up, lol

Flags aren't banned. However, there is a ban on flags "on poles". MHS has had a few deaths over the years with those dangerous poles (lol).

The MHS "pole ban" was a move made by a spine-less City of Maryville school board about five years ago, in an effort to remove Maryville High School's long time school emblem, the confederate battle flag. Knowing that banning the flag itself would be unconstitutional, they chose to institute the ridiculous "no poles" policy.

Sorry Old Reb, meant the reply for Cruiser, made the edit. Agree that it does look good, also agree that policy is odd, no poles cause they could be dangerous, but just let it rain and see how many umbrellas with pointed ends pop up, lol

lol....good one tnnitehawk....and eye'll bet sum ov tham skool bored mimburs haiv 'em too boot!!!.... :popcorneater:

The MHS "pole ban" was a move made by a spine-less City of Maryville school board about five years ago, in an effort to remove Maryville High School's long time school emblem, the confederate battle flag. Knowing that banning the flag itself would be unconstitutional, they chose to institute the ridiculous "no poles" policy.

I figured that was the case two years ago when they told our flag lady that she needed to take her flags down. If you scroll up a few pages to the picture of the field in '09 you can see her great flags she has been putting up for years.

I had a hint because of the school I grew up watching and attended my freshman year (lettered in basketball :) ) and its mascot. The pictures in the video during the first song and the second song itself may explain my hunch. The first song still gives me chills of the memories of waiting for the games to start and the band marching into the stadium. Maybe I can get the Riverdale band to start playing this next year?

Edited by davidlimbaugh