Rankin going to Catholic?

falconvol

I had hard Alcoa wanted a hot name coach and it would be Cain Ballard from Greenville. He wants to make a move before his lil kids start school and before his oldest starts the middle school level.

Id much rather see Nix get the spot and we bring in a strong minded Offensive Coord. The one knock about Alcoa football the past few years is how head coaches never seem to unpack their suitcases. Ironside stayed long enough to get where he wanted to go. Meadows moved himself (originally) on to a better job. Reid got his better offer and moved on and now Rankin ("appears") to have his bags packed to take a step back IMO in jobs (football wise) but up (financially wise).

I believe Nix is a local guy, he grew up and went to school in the area (Maryville/Maryville College I believe). I feel he could add stability to a program that's only major crack in the armor was just that. Im just not sure how "offensive minded" Nix is which is why I mentioned and O-Coord...I wouldnt mind seeing Coach Henry stay around but Id assume he'd go with Rankin as well.

I had hard Alcoa wanted a hot name coach and it would be Cain Ballard from Greenville. He wants to make a move before his lil kids start school and before his oldest starts the middle school level.

I’m sure Caine would listen if Alcoa called him, but I doubt he would go anywhere. His family is established here, and there are a few individuals in this town that could make it very difficult to lure him away from Greeneville, if they want him to stay bad enough. Money talks.

You don't have a clue what u are talking about do u all of ballard's kids are already in school my daughter goes to school with them and I know him well seen him tonight at the school christmas program he's not going anywhere anytime soon and most people don't know his wife has a good career here she would not just give up not to mention their farm and rental properties here.

That's what some of the players came home saying today after school. From the dollars they were talking, it would be hard to walk away from that. If it's true, I can't blame the man. A person has to do what's best for his family. I just think the timing could have been a little better. The boys are still feeling quite a sting from Friday, and then to hear the coach is leaving...well, you can imagine how that drives the sting a little deeper.

If this is true, Alcoa will still be Alcoa...Coach Nix has been groomed to be the next coach and I would guess that most of the present staff would stay. I have been around these guys and one of the things I have admired about Gary Rankin...He allows his staff to have a lot of input and lets them coach. Alcoa will be just fine as will the kids.

IF he goes to Catholic, then District 4 AAA might be the sixth best District in the country in a few years. :thumb:

RR, what I am wondering is how he is going to use that old, "their school is bigger than ours, they should beat us every year", excuse. All the schools will be bigger than his.