Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

Very interested to see what the WC offensive game plan will be. We're known for the veer, but truth is, we do a lot more than the veer......i.e., just plain pounding it off tackle, inside traps, etc. Being objective, I don't know that our inside traps will be successful againt this SP front other than just every so often to keep em guessing. I believe the veer will have some success against the 3-4 or 3-5 that SP has been runnin b/c of the numbers mismatch at the point of decision. Getting to the edges against a pretty fast SP defense will be a challenge too, however, I think WC has the ability to stretch the field with the pass more than they have all year and will be intersting to see if we do that. And DON'T take my next statement to the extreme but A. Rice, like Tebow lol, just has the ability to make plays. No, I'm not saying he plays like Tebow, I'm just saying he's a playmaker. He may not woo you with speed or size, but he just makes things happen when he's got the ball in his hands. And he's definitely not the only playmaker for WC. #19, 10, and #4 always suprise opposing teams. Anyway, I think Coach Crews will bring some things to the table that the WC Offense hasn't showed all year. With all that said, I feel our chances are gonna be much higher if we indeed can line up and pound it. Can't wait to see em line up and get nasty!!! Go Cats!! :thumb:

No doubt we do....I have already seen them and it will be a tough test for sure but WC players(espically #20 and #10) doesn't miss many tackles, if any most of the time. That will be a big difference maker in this game, that, and our passing game.

No doubt, if you can throw down field you will pose a problem for us. Key will be for us to do what we do, ball control and get pressure on the QB to keep him rattled and take pressure off our DBs.

Langford was a tad slow to get up a few times fri night, WC read between the lines and bring the pain ! And get ready for a bunch of hoopla during warmups ! I know how you WC boys are able to play, bring the redneck nasty attitude with ya !!!!! Contain the edges ! If they can't get the traps working inside the zone blocking will be coming atcha

Snowy now you know that them pirate players are the best in the universe, then, now and in the future, jus wait and see with the following post

i've met a lot of sp posters and they are great, fun people that know their football. they have as a great a tradition as any program in the state and they have an uninterrupted stream of talent that is rivaled no where. they are without a doubt the best rival trousdale has ever had. and like all succesful programs they even have a few fans that think everything is a little better than it actually is, we have em, jo byrns has em, everyone does. but where you get the real seperation is with a guy like trainstracks, who see's everything magnified X10 and you're wrong and his opinion=truth and you're opinion=wrong and you're wrong and when you're wrong is right then he retreats with "keep telling yourself that sweetheart" and the like. thats when you know you've got him dead to rights. :thumb:

Oh yeah?!? He was a Mr Football finalist?? What about as a Sophomore? :bored:

Nope I would take these two and the last 3 SP runners before them over TT....Hale/Jones/Robinson all better

nope, nope, and nope. saw them all in person. all played/will play 4 years in 1a. the last player you had that was possibly better than tt was sam pickett. :thumb:

I've talked to lots of folks around Wayne Co. and I believe we will bring a good crowd but IDK. People here in Wayne Co. are pretty stubborn about having to travel long distances. I would really like it if some of our fellow neighbors from C'wood would make the trip but they would prolly end up sitting with the South Pitt. fans cheering against us :rolleyes:

wca, Old Pirate says the crowd should be big and the Pirate folkes figures they'll be some Jasper folkes there since WC runs the veer. Them Rose Colored Glass wearing fellers will be pulling for the Wildcats foe sure. Don't let the fact that theys been sitting on the SP side fool you......them fellers is jest secretly attempting to find out a few pointers about stud making..... :roflol:

Langford was a tad slow to get up a few times fri night, WC read between the lines and bring the pain ! And get ready for a bunch of hoopla during warmups ! I know how you WC boys are able to play, bring the redneck nasty attitude with ya !!!!! Contain the edges ! If they can't get the traps working inside the zone blocking will be coming atcha

But he did get up after getting hit by Coen 3 or 4 times. I was concerned about the Tailback not having blocking against a lineman on those plays. If a 113 yard is an off night for a sophomore with his bell rung, I think your assessment wasn't objective. Maybe you are still chasing Hale in your head.

But he did get up after getting hit by Coen 3 or 4 times. I was concerned about the Tailback not having blocking against a lineman on those plays. If a 113 yard is an off night for a sophomore with his bell rung, I think your assessment wasn't objective. Maybe you are still chasing Hale in your head.

Yep we will be chasing him from now on !!! I've given him nothing but good words, I know the line was more dominate and AGILE last year for you guys, but still to beat so Pitt you have to control the ball & clock

Very interested to see what the WC offensive game plan will be. We're known for the veer, but truth is, we do a lot more than the veer......i.e., just plain pounding it off tackle, inside traps, etc. Being objective, I don't know that our inside traps will be successful againt this SP front other than just every so often to keep em guessing. I believe the veer will have some success against the 3-4 or 3-5 that SP has been runnin b/c of the numbers mismatch at the point of decision. Getting to the edges against a pretty fast SP defense will be a challenge too, however, I think WC has the ability to stretch the field with the pass more than they have all year and will be intersting to see if we do that. And DON'T take my next statement to the extreme but A. Rice, like Tebow lol, just has the ability to make plays. No, I'm not saying he plays like Tebow, I'm just saying he's a playmaker. He may not woo you with speed or size, but he just makes things happen when he's got the ball in his hands. And he's definitely not the only playmaker for WC. #19, 10, and #4 always suprise opposing teams. Anyway, I think Coach Crews will bring some things to the table that the WC Offense hasn't showed all year. With all that said, I feel our chances are gonna be much higher if we indeed can line up and pound it. Can't wait to see em line up and get nasty!!! Go Cats!! :thumb:

That's interesting!? I believe that is the first time that you have mentioned another player on our team other than a Rice. I'm glad, even if it was for just two sentences. Now, if we could just get jtown28 to come along?! :mrgreen:

i've met a lot of sp posters and they are great, fun people that know their football. they have as a great a tradition as any program in the state and they have an uninterrupted stream of talent that is rivaled no where. they are without a doubt the best rival trousdale has ever had. and like all succesful programs they even have a few fans that think everything is a little better than it actually is, we have em, jo byrns has em, everyone does. but where you get the real seperation is with a guy like trainstracks, who see's everything magnified X10 and you're wrong and his opinion=truth and you're opinion=wrong and you're wrong and when you're wrong is right then he retreats with "keep telling yourself that sweetheart" and the like. thats when you know you've got him dead to rights. :thumb:

Haha hmmmm NO!!! I say that to keep from saying something that will get me in trouble by the warden Charlie...Plus its annoying and I like to get under peoples skin...I back up what I say with facts...I see you didn't respond when I asked if TT was up for MR Football as a Sophomore...U didn't answer because we already know the answer...Good try....SWING and a missssss......That is all :roflol:

Edited by TrainTracks99

Yes we all have them...but unless this young man, who is either your son or you're man-crush, is taking the field against our PIRATES Friday, then you're making a case for being one of 'THOSE' fans.

Who gives a s*&t if you think you're boy was the end all be all? We don't and if you think TT is completely off-base then state it and move on but let me point out that, like you TT thinks highly of his opinion and is no more wrong/right than you...why you say? BECAUSE ITS AN OPINION!

Sure opinions can be wrong, some think Jordan isn't the best basketball player of all-time...some think Dallas isn't America's Team...some think Aliens are out there...etc, ALL WRONG!!!! There is to much subjection comparing HS football players at this level.

You think he's the best, we get it...good for you, no let it go.

Yep we will be chasing him from now on !!! I've given him nothing but good words, I know the line was more dominate and AGILE last year for you guys, but still to beat so Pitt you have to control the ball & clock

Well, that is one thing that WC has been good at this year. Our D will get a good stop and we try and play keep away as long as the drive takes!! I can't wait for SP people to see #20. He doesn't look like much at OLB, but I'm hear to tell ya. You'll be impressed with his play by the end of the game.