Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

Last year is last year. One similarity though is that you guys were crowing at the moon last year until somebody out there knocked you out of the playoffs prematurely. I think it was the Pansy County Viqueens or something. Then they went down to JB and not many gave the Pirates a chance in that game because they were 13 -0 and had mercy ruled a bunch of people. Here we are a year later and WC is suddenly the #1 seed. :roflol:

o ur sore cause wayne county wouldnt lose 2 or 3 so u south pitt fans could hold sommethin else above our heads huh or maybe because yal have to wear yals away jerseys yep maybe thts it...o the previous o mighty south pitt state champs cant get everything they want mhm well u cant take onme thing away from us an thts tht we had a better recoerd than u :roflolk:

same here an yal keep bringin the game from las year up but the only difference between tht team yal beat then an WC is tht WC would whoop them plain an simple so dnt be expectin to be playin Jb jus to let everyone no ..imho this wayne county team is one of the best to come out of the west these las couple of years there not a one dimension team an neither r we weak on either side of the ball..its gunna be a great game wish it was friday so i can c tht train south pitt be talkin bout cause we got the thing to derail wat yal got

I think WC has one of the better defense's to come out of the West in a while. As for whooping JB...WC had the same players last year didn't they? Yes they're a year older but a lot of JB's players last year were Juniors too. The biggest difference in WC this year & JB last year is that this year's WC team is much bigger. JB's defense averaged about 5'-10.5" 191lbs to WC's 6'-1" 213lbs this year. Physically WC will be able to match up with SP a lot better up front. JB got whipped up front against SP and were out of position nearly all day.

For WC to win they'll have to get penetration on the d-line which I think they can do. Offensively they'll have to win the battle up front and get their backs to the second level. SP's defense is very small compared to a lot of teams and if WC can consistently get their backs to the second level they can wear them down. The biggest problem I see for WC is that they play 8-9 players both ways. SP plays about 3. I know both teams will rotate players in but this is huge for SP; this is one reason why they can play so fast compared to other 1A teams.

o ur sore cause wayne county wouldnt lose 2 or 3 so u south pitt fans could hold sommethin else above our heads huh or maybe because yal have to wear yals away jerseys yep maybe thts it...o the previous o mighty south pitt state champs cant get everything they want mhm well u cant take onme thing away from us an thts tht we had a better recoerd than u :roflolk:

That's the thing that JB found out last year. Friday afternoon, records don't matter.

I think WC has one of the better defense's to come out of the West in a while. As for whooping JB...WC had the same players last year didn't they? Yes they're a year older but a lot of JB's players last year were Juniors too. The biggest difference in WC this year & JB last year is that this year's WC team is much bigger. JB's defense averaged about 5'-10.5" 191lbs to WC's 6'-1" 213lbs this year. Physically WC will be able to match up with SP a lot better up front. JB got whipped up front against SP and were out of position nearly all day.

For WC to win they'll have to get penetration on the d-line which I think they can do. Offensively they'll have to win the battle up front and get their backs to the second level. SP's defense is very small compared to a lot of teams and if WC can consistently get their backs to the second level they can wear them down. The biggest problem I see for WC is that they play 8-9 players both ways. SP plays about 3. I know both teams will rotate players in but this is huge for SP; this is one reason why they can play so fast compared to other 1A teams.

We play more than 3 guys both ways, Moto.

He's still living in his glory years...no internet. He had to come over and use mine just to make one post earlier on....

howie was epic last year on here. glad i got to meet all you guy's in cookeville. if you see howie before the game, i'd really like to know his prediction. he was nothing less than clairvoyant last year. :thumb:

good post i think u hit it on the head moto except there is no way there gunna wear wc down thts exactly wat huntingdon thought but wc jus got stronger an stronger with each quarter thts jus facts ..

That's the thing that JB found out last year. Friday afternoon, records don't matter.

We knew that going in. I tried to tell some of you that JB was NOT the favorite but y'all had an agenda and wouldn't listen. The only thing JB learned from last year's game is that SP was bigger, stronger, and faster than us and they executed their game plan to perfection. We did not.