Milan VS CAK

Slim88

Good luck to CAK. I dont think Milan has encountered an offense as precise and efficient as yours. Milan historically is defensive minded as I recall, but the game plan for CAK is very unique. CAK by at least 14

This one will be a good football game as well. I don't know much about CAK other than they are out of Knoxville and beat Alcoa this year. I am sure both teams respect each other. I can't see either team winning by 2 td's this will be a low scoring game in imo. I may be wrong but Milan will come to play as well as CAK! I got to pull for the Dawgs! Good luck! :thumb:

I've got much respect for Milan and look forward to bantering with you this week. CAK doesn't have too many posters on Coacht so I guess this thread will be dominated by Bulldog fans, ha. Since we've never been to the "ship" before you guys will have to give us some tips on how to handle it all from a fans perspective. I hear Bobbie Q's has good BQ their in Cookeville :hungry:

Just a little info on CAK: we started our football program 11 years ago, we have an enrollment of around 430, we are located in West Knoxville, we have about 56 players on the team including our freshmen, only 8 seniors, and despite what many believe about all privates CAK cannot and does not recruit. We play with the 1.8 multiplier, CAK is not a football factory, although it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we were, ha. And while we like our small, quaint campus and our small & cozy facilities, it appears that Milan's stadium and facilities are much higher end than ours. So hopefully you will find us to be respectful and pleasant. Oh yeah, we don't have any photo shop gurus so you probably won't be as entertained with all the creative artistic posts that our friends from Alcoa are so good at. Although I may have to employee their services for a post or two. :D

Football Dad - I appreciate the love early in the week but you guys have a much nicer school & stadium. I was up your way in July and swung by and watched just a few minutes of conditioning. Your campus is beautiful, plain & simple. You guys have the best of the best and it shows when you turn in the campus.

I have seen the Alcoa guys wear you out on the photoshop part and those guys are good. I'll try and toss out some good stuff but I will fail miserably when compared to the Alcoa guys.

Now to the game

Offensively - We are gonna have to score a lot of points. If the Bulldogs don't put at least 24 - 35 on the board then we won't win. We have talent and playmakers, we just need to get in the endzone on Friday. You will probably see a 80/20 run/pass play selection from us this coming week and maybe a little more to the run side. Much like our regular season competition did to us, we will look to limit your possesions and therefore limit the chances to score. If it is a shoot-out we could be in trouble.

Defensively - We are goona be challenged to contain your passing game. We play a bend but don't break zone and I know for sure we haven't seen any passing attack like you guys this year. Heck, by looking at your numbers no one in West Tennessee has seen a passing attack like the Warriors have. We have some good athletes on the defensive side of the ball and they are gonna need to play a great game for the Bulldogs to come out on top. So with that said how do I see it?

Bulldogs shock the world and stun the Warriors!!! Score later in the week

Well, My Buddy FootballDad has always wanted to know who was the best 3A team Alcoa has played the last couple of years, and I've been honest in saying CAK. He always talked about a Milan match-up more than any. Not that he thought Milan was weak, but because the teams would be an interesting match-up and a great game. I am glad he and his son get the honor in representing District 4 this year!

Milan I expect to be Milan. Physically tough! Strong running game and few mistakes. Just enough passing game to keep the line and LB's honest. A defense that loves to play smash mouth run defense. I see Milan scoring on some long clock eating drives, with Milan scoring 21-24 points.

CAK has a great offense. A very balanced offense. QB, High and WR's Howell and Smith are as good as I've seen at the HS level. CAK will score some points. I expect 35-42 points by CAK.

I just do not see Milan slowing the CAK passing game down. Especially it being the first time the Bulldogs have seen a unique passing attack like this. You can study it on film, but stopping it will difficult.

This year I see CAK bring the Gold again back to East TN.

Best of Luck to both teams! :thumb:

Well, My Buddy FootballDad has always wanted to know who was the best 3A team Alcoa has played the last couple of years, and I've been honest in saying CAK. He always talked about a Milan match-up more than any. Not that he thought Milan was weak, but because the teams would be an interesting match-up and a great game. I am glad he and his son get the honor in representing District 4 this year!

Milan I expect to be Milan. Physically tough! Strong running game and few mistakes. Just enough passing game to keep the line and LB's honest. A defense that loves to play smash mouth run defense. I see Milan scoring on some long clock eating drives, with Milan scoring 21-24 points.

CAK has a great offense. A very balanced offense. QB, High and WR's Howell and Smith are as good as I've seen at the HS level. CAK will score some points. I expect 35-42 points by CAK.

I just do not see Milan slowing the CAK passing game down. Especially it being the first time the Bulldogs have seen a unique passing attack like this. You can study it on film, but stopping it will difficult.

This year I see CAK bring the Gold again back to East TN.

Best of Luck to both teams! :thumb:

BC, I would say your analysis of the game is about right, I hope we can squeeze out a few

more points and can somehow hold CAK to around 28-31. IMO Milan's offense has got to have 2-3

long scoring drives, keeping CAK's offense off the field is key.

I know this years Milan team is not the same Milan kids from 4-5 years ago, but Coach Morris never really had any problems stopping USJ's passing attack when they played. USJ always had a really good QB to go along with great WR's. Like I said, I know this isn't the same group of kids, but don't think that Coach Morris does not have a game plan to stop a passing type offense. I see Milan pounding the ball for some long drives and getting just enough stops to win this game.

This years Milan team is not as good as the Avery Williamson, Justin and Christian Coleman, Gilbert teams... but, then again, there's no Alcoa teams like those years, either. I'm not saying that Milan and CAK are not good teams, because they most definitely are....but, does anyone out there really think that this years Milan and CAK teams are as good as the Milan and Alcoa teams of the past 4 or 5 years?

3A just seems to be a little down this year...

I hope Milan wins it, and brings home the Gold Ball....

This years Milan team is not as good as the Avery Williamson, Justin and Christian Coleman, Gilbert teams... but, then again, there's no Alcoa teams like those years, either. I'm not saying that Milan and CAK are not good teams, because they most definitely are....but, does anyone out there really think that this years Milan and CAK teams are as good as the Milan and Alcoa teams of the past 4 or 5 years?

3A just seems to be a little down this year...

I hope Milan wins it, and brings home the Gold Ball....

I disagree that 3A is down. As a matter of fact, I believe it was the strongest year ever in the Top 8 teams. Granted, Alcoa wasn't as dominant, but CPA only lost by 1 to 4A finalist Maplewood and are not even in the 3A finals. Alcoa only lost by a TD to a Top 25 USA Today team and didn't even make the final 4 in 3A. Smith Co. blew out a 4A team that won 2 playoff games and SC didn't even win a playoff game.

There is no basis for your statement that 3A is down.

I'm not sure yet who I'm rooting for in this one, but I think that CAK probably wins. Should be a good game.

We need you on our side coach. Don't you think any team that manages to slay the dragon, not once but twice, and saved everyone from the beast from the east that has terrorized the village for 7 straight years is worthy of your support ? ^_^ . Besides, CAK is greatly outnumbered on this board, ha.

• Upvote 1

I disagree that 3A is down. As a matter of fact, I believe it was the strongest year ever in the Top 8 teams. Granted, Alcoa wasn't as dominant, but CPA only lost by 1 to 4A finalist Maplewood and are not even in the 3A finals. Alcoa only lost by a TD to a Top 25 USA Today team and didn't even make the final 4 in 3A. Smith Co. blew out a 4A team that won 2 playoff games and SC didn't even win a playoff game.

Sounds like a reasonable analysis to me. Maybe the better analogy would be that this year there is more parity. Wow, that sounds like political correctness, which I have never been accused of having :roll:

No disrespect for any 3A teams intended...but...let's be realistic here. Alcoa is not in the picture, and the fact of the matter is that Alcoa and Austin East were both 5 loss teams. When was the last time that Alcoa didnt come into the championship game with either one loss, or undefeated...and the one loss was usually a close loss to 6A, juggernaut Maryville. That is not true this year. 3A has to be down with Alcoa not being so dominant as before....3A is down for that reason alone.

Also, Milan played a lot of teams close this year, instead of beating them bad like past years...and, they lost to Huntingdon....in fact, I watched that game on the TSSAA website; and Huntingdon shut Milan down in the 2nd half...a single A team shut them down...a single A team that was beaten by Wayne Co....another single A team. So, Milan had a lot more dominating team with the Coleman's and Avery Williamson, and Gibronski Gilbert, and company.....

Now, I'm sure that CAK is a good team. Milan is a good team. I hope that Milan brings home the Gold Ball to W. TN....but, c'mon...if Milan wins it all, then that means that 2 single A teams are better than all the 3A teams in the state....Huntingdon and Wayne Co.