Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

No wonders Greeneville fans get a bad name, this making fun of people is childish. If maplewood wins your going to eat your words. Come on and act like a true Greeneville fan with class and character.

It's NO act! Lack of class lack of character. Go to any Greenville game..... You can meet them by the dozen.

I said from the start that 4a would not have a team from the West in Cookeville. They sent Page west. Big mistake!!! I knew when the brackets came out that The Wood would probably be there. If, and that's if, they stick to what they do best then this game could go deep into the 4th. They do have the size to man up with the Devils. They also have the speed. I'll say 31 to 28 Devils, IF The Wood stays with what got them there. :ph34r:

It's NO act! Lack of class lack of character. Go to any Greenville game..... You can meet them by the dozen.

I feel you can find a lack of class at any place and yes i am poking fun at the announcer at maplewood last year but you dont make it like your totally against the visiting team to me that is a lack of character upon the school to allow a person to make fun of stuff over the loudspeaker such as the guy was allowed to do , and by seeing some of the posts he is still doing it. and it is greeneville with an "e"

Go Greene Devils !

2009 Class 4a State Runner-up

2010 Class 4a State champions

2011 Back for more!

I feel you can find a lack of class at any place and yes i am poking fun at the announcer at maplewood last year but you dont make it like your totally against the visiting team to me that is a lack of character upon the school to allow a person to make fun of stuff over the loudspeaker such as the guy was allowed to do , and by seeing some of the posts he is still doing it.

2009 Class 4a State Runner-up

Last week it was Barb with her Maplehood comments and now you on here slurring a maplewood supporter making a racial slur out of it.

Lack of class and character. Maybe Niswonger can buy you some. That will be the only way you get it.

Last week it was Barb with her Maplehood comments and now you on here slurring a maplewood supporter making a racial slur out of it.

Lack of class and character. Maybe Niswonger can buy you some. That will be the only way you get it.

What kind of racial slur did they make . That is what the announcer would say about "greasy chicken" so make in to what you wish. Obviously you weren't there because you are a hater of the Greene Devils anyway. If you would look at our program we are more diverse than any COUNTY school so don't be trying to pull the "race" card.

this is not an indightment, accusation or assumption...it is merely a question...is

THIS what Greeneville can expect saturday?? if so, someone please tell the Maplewood players this tactic does NOT work....

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/gallery/gallery.cfm?eventid=358056&photoid=127825

go to the covington vs maplwood gallery and look at picture number 5....look at the covington player making the tackles facemask and what appears to be intruding it.

Well I have read every post thus far and it seems that there will be plenty of smack talk this week. I do not know much about Maplewood, other than to say that history says they are a darn good football team, that GHS had better respect them, work their tails off this week, as they always do and come ready to play 4 quarters saturday. Im as excited about this game as I have ever been for a HS football game. I dont know if my nerves or my heart can stand a nail biter, but if this game plays out as i suspect it might, I guess i better bring plenty of blood pressure meds saturday. Best of luck Greene Devils, we all love you, are proud of you and no matter the outcome saturday, you young men have made us all proud to call ourselves GREENE DEVILS. Take in everything coach B and staff tell you this week. prepare well and come out swinging saturday night and in my opinion, I beleive we will all return home once again Victorious..........GO BIG GREENE.....Does anyone know if MHS has a good kicker?

I don't know much about Maplewood either.I'd say it's the kind of team you have to get after and just keep knocking them on their backsides.Make them like it and when you get them mad about it,hit them one more time.Greeneville must play very smart football and not make mistakes as well.The outside linebackers will have to get off of some of those blocks this week.No doubt they were getting held when the defender had to sling the blocker off of him,but you can't let a guy get into you like Giles did on a few plays.Should be a very hard hitting game and nobody ever hits any harder then a Greeneville team.

I don't know much about Maplewood either.I'd say it's the kind of team you have to get after and just keep knocking them on their backsides.Make them like it and when you get them mad about it,hit them one more time.Greeneville must play very smart football and not make mistakes as well.The outside linebackers will have to get off of some of those blocks this week.No doubt they were getting held when the defender had to sling the blocker off of him,but you can't let a guy get into you like Giles did on a few plays.Should be a very hard hitting game and nobody ever hits any harder then a Greeneville team.

ive been researching whatever i can find on the net about them the last hour or so and i found one video where they are doing the " Tennessee drill " and they have 2 lineman that are enormous. i dont know if they start, or even if they're on the team now, but it was posted in november and these dudes looked like full blown adults with pads....monsters...but there's only a few vids ive been able to find. I fully expect a slobber nocker with these guys. check out the photo gallery on coacht of their game with covingon. in one pic a covington kid has an awful grimace on his face as he's getting hit..my first thought was " hope to see that same look on the panthers faces friday "...lol

No wonders Greeneville fans get a bad name, this making fun of people is childish. If maplewood wins your going to eat your words. Come on and act like a true Greeneville fan with class and character.

he does look pretty bad but

that kid made that screen name just for this ...let him have his fun ... before his parents get home!! he has to do a lot better than that though..

I said from the start that 4a would not have a team from the West in Cookeville. They sent Page west. Big mistake!!! I knew when the brackets came out that The Wood would probably be there. If, and that's if, they stick to what they do best then this game could go deep into the 4th. They do have the size to man up with the Devils. They also have the speed. I'll say 31 to 28 Devils, IF The Wood stays with what got them there. :ph34r:

thats my take too thumb[1].gif ... stick to the plan ..play smart and hard on d... come home shinning!!