AA Predictions For Murfreesboro

bballer1

No, it's not easy for me to say, because it is not necessarily to easy to do. But I think anyone would be "foolish" to gameplan to run with them. So why not change it up? The way you are putting it, seemingly, is that Manassas is the team to beat and that nobody will stop them. Upsets happen, notice I haven't predicted anyone to win a state championship. When it's state tournament week, I will worry about Manassas, and that is only if the team I pull for is there. The rest is just basketball.

No, it's not easy for me to say, because it is not necessarily to easy to do. But I think anyone would be "foolish" to gameplan to run with them. So why not change it up? The way you are putting it, seemingly, is that Manassas is the team to beat and that nobody will stop them. Upsets happen, notice I haven't predicted anyone to win a state championship. When it's state tournament week, I will worry about Manassas, and that is only if the team I pull for is there. The rest is just basketball.

Are you a LA fan? If so I'd say you learned your lesson last year with your prediction for the substate game. :unsure:

Are you a LA fan? If so I'd say you learned your lesson last year with your prediction for the substate game. :unsure:

I didn't make any predictions on the game there last year. However, I will say that Lesley has had Morgan's number over the years. Congratulations on state championship #1. However, all I am saying is that none of these teams, including LA, Upperman, Obion, Central, whoever, are unbeatable this time of year. Upsets happen.

King, that's easy for you to say the LA would dictate the tempo, however they would have to get past the speed and athleticism of Manassas. Their whole starting lineup is 5'9+. I'm not saying Livingston wouldn't be able to dictate the tempo as that is the only way anyone in AA will beat Manassas this year. Like I said, if Manassas keeps it as a track meet, it's a wrap for the other team. I'm just throwing out a scenario that every team that plays Manassas will face this year.

There is no doubt that a team out of west Tn will be athletic and physical and you're right if its a track meet then Manassas would have a clear advantage. However when a team takes them out of their game and makes them slow down, keeps the score low, can Manassas adjust to that type of game? I have watched Jackson County play both LA and Upperman this year and i can tell you that both of these teams have a chance to win the state tournament. They are both very solid teams and should contend for a state title. Winning the region is huge up here because the loser will go to McMinn Central and that is always a tough place to play.

I didn't make any predictions on the game there last year. However, I will say that Lesley has had Morgan's number over the years. Congratulations on state championship #1. However, all I am saying is that none of these teams, including LA, Upperman, Obion, Central, whoever, are unbeatable this time of year. Upsets happen.

Seems Morgan has had Lesley's "number" on more than one occasion also...

Edited by pumba

Lesley has had better teams most of the time. What I was referring to were the LA fans who stated that LA was going to beat Central last year in the substate game at Central BECAUSE Lesley owned Morgan, and that Central hadn't played anybody, yad, yada, yada. I kept telling them what happened in the past, or who had the most gold balls in their trophy case would have absolutely no bearing on that game at all. However, many LA fans insisted it would.....so naturally I had a lot of fun with those folks after the shellacking the Chargerettes placed on that LA squad.

You're dead-on about no team being invincible.......especially when you get to substate action. I stated earlier on here that this Central squad seems to not play as mentally tough as Central teams have in the past. Coach morgan has said that too, even after a victory.

Eh, I don't agree. Covington is well coached and athletic, no doubt. I don't see them advancing past regionals. Only 2 teams can advance and I believe those 2 teams will be Dyersburg and Obion Co. And from there, I still say Obion Co. and Memphis Manassas advance to the state tournaments to represent the west side of the state.

As stated before, watch out for covington. They beat dyersburg and gave the lady rebels all they wanted in the district championship. Now with dyersburg and occhs on the same side of the region bracket it really throws a wrinkle into everyones predictions. I agree that It will be hard for any of the teams to beat Manassas at their place, but with Covington playing thier best ball of the year, they should not be ruled out.

Edited by rebel_oc

As stated before, watch out for covington. They beat dyersburg and gave the lady rebels all they wanted in the district championship. Now with dyersburg and occhs on the same side of the region bracket it really throws a wrinkle into everyones predictions. I agree that It will be hard for any of the teams to beat Manassas at their place, but with Covington playing thier best ball of the year, they should not be ruled out.

Yea, they're making me a believer now. I think Coach Deon Real is 13AA coach of the year. Covington is starting to play extremely well and anything could happen in this Region tournament. Region tournaments are down in Lexington, right? Good luck to Obion Central!

I'm with you... Covington has a legitimate chance at advancing. I think as the season has went on, Covington has grown as a team. All three times they played the Lady Rebels it was within 2 points. They have beat Dyersburg 2 times out of 3 now. They are playing some great basketball and at the right time too.

Edited by Durrrin

I'm with you... Covington has a legitimate chance at advancing. I think as the season has went on, Covington has grown as a team. All three times they played the Lady Rebels it was within 2 points. They have beat Dyersburg 2 times out of 3 now. They are playing some great basketball and at the right time too.

The two district games MC lost they were minus two key players. They avenged one of those loses with a dominante performance over Polk. Won 5-AA Championship last night in dominate fashion. This team is in tournament mode. I was a little concerned on things coming together, but they have. I have a feeling this team is going to make some noise and young too.