Vanderbilt wants high school football back

QBClubPrez

I would love for this to happen!! I have so many memories of the old Clinic Bowl days.

There are some affordable restaurants nearby and plenty of parking. This has always been the best venue for the state championships. The TSSAA needs to make this happen!!

Hmmm...football in Cookeville at my alma mater and next to House of Thai or in Nashville, my favorite city, and near Sitar.

Difficult choice.

There are plenty of places to eat on west end avenue, had to stay close to vandy a couple years ago, I would walk up to the baseball field and around by the football field , which wich sandwhich shop, mcdonalds, wendy's, subway, several chinese places and a few mexican, pf changs and montana teds are close enough to walk to also, there is a few places to stay on west end also some are a little pricy. biggest draw back is places to park.

If the Blue Cross Bowl for all classifications were moved to Nashville, it would turn into an event, not just a series of games. In addition to the football games, can you imagine putting an SEC Fanfare-like event inside Memorial Gym next door? Sponsors could host booths/contests, kids could have an area to participate in skills competitions, schools could hold pregame pep rallies. If the TSSAA had enough foresight to envision an event of this magnitude, it could rake in money and give the fans a special experience.

Guys its not going leave Cookeville. The tssaa is happy where it is. Someone from the tssaa told me they was happy at Tech because the stadium is the perfect size & the city of cookeville throw the money to keep it. You guys need to get over it I dont see it leaving anytime soon

Vandy was not in the mix the last couple of seasons. The city of Nashville and Vandy can throw a lot more money at the TSSAA than Cookeville. Just wait until the next bidding starts and see who ends up with it. :popcorneater:

Guys its not going leave Cookeville. The tssaa is happy where it is. Someone from the tssaa told me they was happy at Tech because the stadium is the perfect size & the city of cookeville throw the money to keep it. You guys need to get over it I dont see it leaving anytime soon

And I can counter that by saying that a contact at the TSSAA told me that they would love to go back to Vandy.

The bottom line is that if Nashville and Vandy want it, Nashville and Vandy will get it. Are you going to tell me that Cookeville has deeper pockets than does Music City USA? That's just not reasonable nor rational to believe.

It's about money in the TSSAA coffers, and Nashville can put together a better financial package than can Cookeville 24/7/365. The Blue Cross Bowl would still be in Nashville if Vandy had not ripped up the artificial turf a few years back. Now that the turf issue is resolved it will be a no brainer to move it back to Nashville after the Cookeville contract ends in 2012.

Nashville can offer a better stadium for players, fans, and media alike, it can offer more hotel rooms (which is really a problem in Cookeville), and to say that it doesn't offer a larger choice of eateries is just plain laughable.

I've never had issues with parking when I have gone to a football game - high school or college - at Vandy. No, you can't park within 100 yards of the gate like you do at high school stadiums, but there are plenty of parking options within a few minute walk of the stadium.

Edited by HTV

When the playoffs were in Nashville, I and buddies attended most every year regardless of who was playing.Since the change, I have seen only one game until this year when I followed my beloved Patriots to Cookeville. Were the playoffs in Nashville, I would probably attend 2 or more games.The participants crowds will follow wherever the playoffs are held(witness Henry County's crowd in Cookeville) but the high school football fan with no team in the games is less likely to make the long drives from West Tennessee.Although our Cookeville experience was great, from the perspective of most westerners Nashville is a better choice.

First off let me say I really do not have a problem with it going to Vandy. Would give me another excuse to go to PF Changs.

The problems I see are $$$$$$$. While "Vandy" wants it back, nothing has been said about Nashville either wanting of willing to pay the $ the T$$AA wants for it. While a few on the Board may want it to go back to Nashville, it WILL be the venue that PAYS!!!

Thats the reality that no amount of arguing on here will change.

Dad, you're spot-on; however, it's unfortunate that the TSSAA prioritizes bid money over ticket revenue and fan appeal. Nashville is inarguably the best location if the TSSAA wants to maximize attendance.

See my previous post up the page a bit. A fan event at a nearby venue (Memorial Gym, perhaps) could enhance the fan experience, increase attendance, build sponsor relationships and rake in cash.

That's just one example of how the TSSAA can be more creative with its signature event.