Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

I am curious as to what cleats work best on turf and what kind of advantage we will have over teams with standaed cleats? :flower:

Most will use regular molded cleats. In recent years the molded cleats have become more popular than the screw-in type. I don't think you will see home and away cleats for our players.

I haven't been around here in a while and decide to check in to see that weaklink has a new camel, heifer, and hog pen with fancy numbers and stripes to keep the herd in line. Now if we could restructure or close another school we can attack that gnat problem. :bored:

I sold all of that to add sky boxes. Thanks for reminding me of the gnat problem, get the hatchets out. Let's sell the Fort Craig bldg. :hungry:

Got it on my phone and "my pics" but can't discover how to post it here.

I put all of my Coach T pics in a photobucket account. Once they are in photobucket, it provides you with a direct link to the photo. Click in the square one time and it saves the link for you.

photo_bucket_directlink.jpg

Then you just click on the square button with a tree in it when you are posting.

insert_button.jpg

This will open up a link where you paste the link that you copied in step one.

insert_image.jpg

After you past it, be sure to click on Insert Image.

:ph34r:

Edited by Red Rebels

I haven't been around here in a while and decide to check in to see that weaklink has a new camel, heifer, and hog pen with fancy numbers and stripes to keep the herd in line. Now if we could restructure or close another school we can attack that gnat problem. :bored:

That is funny, Frydaddy. Close two more and you may get yourself some baseball facilities and take care of the gnat problem.

The field looks absolutely incredible and I know that most big time programs are going in this direction, but I guess I have too much "old school" in me, I prefer the natural stuff myself. Friday nights without being able to smell the fresh cut grass just doesn't seem right.

That's a good one Jake. IMO - I don't believe baseball will ever have anything in our murvil system. Let's see:

1) High school has not had it's own field for how many years? Unless you count the one the adult softball teams let us use.

2) Middle school does not want involved in baseball and therefore does not sanction its teams. Those kids must go to knoxville for middle school baseball. If they were involved, we may have to provide a field for those kids to practice.

3) Little league is simply a mess. The powers that be refuse to go modify their league and the better kids go to travel ball where they meet other competitive players from surrounding counties, hear the jokes about murvil baseball, and eventually are forced to decide whether to stay with the system to get that football ring or transfer to webb or cak where they can play much earlier. Right now, only a few are choosing to leave. Heck, even local businesses at the little league have policemen in their lot to keep grandparents from parking close to the fields (does this happen at our football games?).

4) The community believes adult softball is more important than youth baseball.

If it wasn't for the tremendous high school baseball coaches, I am sure the team would be in the cellar every year.

But our general opinion is "who cares about that, have you seen our new football field!"

The turf does look awesome, but I am with you on the old school stuff. Fresh cut grass that sticks to your sweat will be replaced by the sand and rubber that will stick to you. Instead of grass and mud stains, we will have burns and field rash. I think the turf will look odd late in the season when the grass is supposed to be turning brown. I hope we are playing late in the season or it will be really awkward!

But this is what we call progress Jake. Welcome to murvil in the 21 century! I think you need to bring your youngins on over! Farragut baseball would then have someone else to poke fun at instead of just me. Plus, we need some more help beating their ####. :thumb:

I bet I could muster a poll of our local 411 Motels and such who would say that building a nice Quad Heifer pen or even (god forbid) a dual quad heifer pen for baseball/softball would benefit them a lot more than just 2 weekends of the year.

Where's weaklink? We need funding.