Class A Best 8 Headed To The Boro'

Tornadopride

Looks like these are the 8 girls teams fighting for a Gold Basketball in Class A.

Region 1 - Cloudland 31-4

Region 2 - Wartburg 22-4

Region 3 - Clay County 23-9

Region 4 - Jackson County 27-6

Region 5 - Summertown 29-3

Region 6 - Loretto 18-15

Region 7 - Union City 25-10 ( 6 of the 10 losses by forfeited early in season )

Region 8 - Lake County 30-3

No doubt, Union City and Lake County will provide a hand full for anyone else at the Boro next week. Right now, Union City is only getting better and better as each game is played...LOADED with very young talent.

What about the other 6 teams.

Union City tonight had practice against Adamsville. They were NO match at all for Union City. A word to others about Union City, you better have some stout girls because Union City is BIG, BIG and BIG!! And can run the floor. They have beat Lake Co. once in 3 tries and lost by 5 in another game to them.

Sounds like UC had about as much trouble as Lake Co. did. The Lady Falcons ran through, by and around Madison tonight in a game that was never really close. TT Flowers was awesome tonight as was Carnation Hart. If there is a better Class A girl's player than TT I want to see her. No doubt to me after tonight she should be Ms. Basketball winner. Great job LC!! Anxious to see the draw tomorrow.

Sounds like UC had about as much trouble as Lake Co. did. The Lady Falcons ran through, by and around Madison tonight in a game that was never really close. TT Flowers was awesome tonight as was Carnation Hart. If there is a better Class A girl's player than TT I want to see her. No doubt to me after tonight she should be Ms. Basketball winner. Great job LC!! Anxious to see the draw tomorrow.

Amber Fair had 37 tonight. She is as good or better than T T anyday and only a sophomore. I've seen them play all three games. Amber Fair lit it up against Lake county in the regional finals. I see a possible rematch in the Championship game with Lake Co vs. Union City. Remember...Union City is Sophomore loaded with one Junior that starts and one Senior that does play.

Count me a little bit surprised,I'd have figured Madison to keep it closer.Congrats to Lake Co.,now go take care of buisness.I almost hope they draw Jackson Co. first round,as I believe they match up well against them and would give them the confidence they need to win it all should they beat JC.If LC. doesn't get caught thinking too much I dont think anyone wouldn't wither against their pressure,by the time a team knows what hit them it's usually over for all practical purposes.

I have seen Amber play and have seen all LC/UC games the last 2 years. She is a good player no doubt and will get better, may be better because of her height than TT by time she is a SR, BUT TT is the better of the 2 right now in my opinion.Speed and quickness advantage definitely goes to TT as well as ball handling. Amber has the size and shoots the ball better from the field in my opinion. Two different players/positions. TT was voted district MVP the last 2 years for a reason. 2 time Ms. Basketball finalist for a reason. She is a special player that does more than score for her team, toughness, defensive intensity, sets up teammates all the those make her better in my opinion. Not knocking Amber at all like watching her play as well and us district 14-A fans have been fortunate to see 3 special basketball players this year in TT, Amber and Carnation. Carnation gets overlooked alot but accumulated over 1,500 points and 1,000 rebounds in her career. So we could debate all we want and both of us will be biased toward our player I am just saying TT took it to a different level tonight at Madison not in the comfort of her home gym. 2012 Ms. Basketball TT Flowers in my humble opinion!!

Amber Fair had 37 tonight. She is as good or better than T T anyday and only a sophomore. I've seen them play all three games. Amber Fair lit it up against Lake county in the regional finals. I see a possible rematch in the Championship game with Lake Co vs. Union City. Remember...Union City is Sophomore loaded with one Junior that starts and one Senior that does play.

Amber Fair is a very good player but she CANNOT do all the things that TT Flowers can do.Fair is UC offense. TT has more weapons around her and does not have to score 30 a night for her team to win. UC fans are going to say Fair is the better player and LC fans are going to say TT is better. LC has won 3 of the 4 meetings between the two teams and would win the next if the two were lucky enough to meet again.

Looks like these are the 8 girls teams fighting for a Gold Basketball in Class A.

Region 1 - Cloudland 31-4

Region 2 - Wartburg 22-4

Region 3 - Clay County 23-9

Region 4 - Jackson County 27-6

Region 5 - Summertown 29-3

Region 6 - Loretto 18-15

Region 7 - Union City 25-10 ( 6 of the 10 losses by forfeited early in season )

Region 8 - Lake County 30-3

No doubt, Union City and Lake County will provide a hand full for anyone else at the Boro next week. Right now, Union City is only getting better and better as each game is played...LOADED with very young talent.

What about the other 6 teams.

Clay Co is Region 4 also.