Lake County vs. Summertown

Also, I'm guessing the NCAA D.2 is Union. They're also pretty big on Macy at Obion Co.

Go west. They had 5 freshmen starting at different times this year. They were 2 good posts, a good 3 guard that TT knows, and a 2 guard. Also have a starting freshman at point, but she is no where TT level. They also had a girl transfer in from a sec team that will be a sophomore with the others. She is also a 3/post. Union is moving up into their conference. Its a high academic school. That prepares you for life.

Edited by daroundball

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go west. They had 5 freshmen starting at different times this year. They were 2 good posts, a good 3 guard that TT knows, and a 2 guard. Also have a starting freshman at point, but she is no where TT level. They also had a girl transfer in from a sec team that will be a sophomore with the others. She is also a 3/post. Union is moving up into their conference. Its a high academic school. That prepares you for life.

That could be a good situation for her then. Good luck to her in making her decision!

TT is a great player, dont like the way UCGRAD has taken a personal stand to hammer on her-maybe he/she is Fair's parent or something...going into the game, my thoughts were that stown had to get either Nation or TT in foul trouble and off the court...that it played out to perfection was surprising to me, I will admit...you are correct in saying she has to learn to play under control and not hurt her team by not being available when it matters

My comment about TT was based on the fact that she would not see the floor at UTM until her junior year, and doubt she would handle that very well....TT will get her college paid for somewhere....Fair has her issues also...Maybe that explains it as to why the bashing of TT, Fair is an offensive player, but she is LAZY on the defensive end. When she has the ball, she is the real deal, but otherwise, she soesn't play hard. Hopefully that will change in the next 2 years.

My comment about TT was based on the fact that she would not see the floor at UTM until her junior year, and doubt she would handle that very well....TT will get her college paid for somewhere....Fair has her issues also...Maybe that explains it as to why the bashing of TT, Fair is an offensive player, but she is LAZY on the defensive end. When she has the ball, she is the real deal, but otherwise, she soesn't play hard. Hopefully that will change in the next 2 years.

wow, two fans saw the same thing-Fair doesnt play hard on the devensive end...wait, according to grad, we are blind :P

wow, two fans saw the same thing-Fair doesnt play hard on the devensive end...wait, according to grad, we are blind :P

Thanks for all the props shown for TT after her attack. As someone who has known her since she was in elementary school, taught her as well as her father and aunt, she is a quality individual as well as ball player. She is planning on majoring in forensic science in college. I am still heartsick for her today that her dreams of a gold ball were again dashed and that she was not on the floor when it happened. I hope she can win Ms. Basketball to soothe that hurt a bit.

Glad I waited a few days to post after the heartbreaking loss or I probably would have said some things I would have regretted later. First, TeTe Flowers could play for ANY coach from Pat Summitt to any of the others mentioned. If you don't think so you do not know her very well. She is EXTREMELY coachable, hard working and has a motor that does not quit. This motor has been her downfall at times because she picks up some cheap, unecessary fouls.With that said EVERY coach wants to coach a kid with the menality of TeTe. She has that will to win and desire you do not find everyday. Her best attribute to me is her character off the court. She is very smart and extremely strong in the classroom. She has a wonderful personality and is very humble despite the numerous awards and accolades she has received. I Guarantee she could and will fit any coach's team. I am extremely proud of this senior class!! To Brooke, Nation, LaShasta and TeTe it has been a priveledge to watch you play over the years and I hope you attack life as you have teams on the basketball court!! If you do you will be successful!!

Glad I waited a few days to post after the heartbreaking loss or I probably would have said some things I would have regretted later. First, TeTe Flowers could play for ANY coach from Pat Summitt to any of the others mentioned. If you don't think so you do not know her very well. She is EXTREMELY coachable, hard working and has a motor that does not quit. This motor has been her downfall at times because she picks up some cheap, unecessary fouls.With that said EVERY coach wants to coach a kid with the menality of TeTe. She has that will to win and desire you do not find everyday. Her best attribute to me is her character off the court. She is very smart and extremely strong in the classroom. She has a wonderful personality and is very humble despite the numerous awards and accolades she has received. I Guarantee she could and will fit any coach's team. I am extremely proud of this senior class!! To Brooke, Nation, LaShasta and TeTe it has been a priveledge to watch you play over the years and I hope you attack life as you have teams on the basketball court!! If you do you will be successful!!

Well said

I too waited until I just got home to let everything I witnessed this week sink in. After reading some of these posts it is a good thing I waited as I wonder how some people can walk through this life without having their teeth knocked out. Anyway these are my thoughts and just my opinions. Not worth anymore or any less than any other. This and one other post I plan to make about the All Star game will be my last until next year. I have enjoyed many of you that know alot about basketball and appreciate your wisdom and love of your team. I hope some of you feel the same about me as I try to be respectful....until you blast my team or its players and coaches. Anyway here are my thoughts from the week:

-I expected Lake County and Jackson County to be the two best teams in single A at the tourney. What I discovered was there were no better teams at the tourney. I believe Summertown, Clay County, Jackson County, Lake County, Cloudland and Union City were all pretty even as was evidence by the close games. I did not see Loretto play so can't speak of them. The others were all very good teams. If you play that tourney 10 times you would probably get different results each time. No disrespect to any team, just the opposite they were all good. Congrats to Clay County they played a great ballgame in the championship and deserve to be state champs.

-I disagree with the statements that 7A is head and shoulders above other districts. 14A is pretty darn good and either Lake Co. or Union City could just as easily have won the tourney. Jackson Co. did a good job of holding off a good UC team.

-I would have loved to see how LC would have done if TeTe had not fouled out. Eight point lead when she does and even then our girls almost held on, Summertown made a great run to win the game. 21 is outstanding as was 44.

-Thought the officiating was ok except for the female ref in the LC game that gave TeTe two terrible charge calls. Neither should have been called in my opinion. She also made really bad calls in the Clarksville/Science Hill game and the Obion Central championship game. Just way too whistle happy for me. At one point she called 8 fouls to the other refs 2. Glad she is not a 14A ref.

-Pretty upset with our LC fans that want to place blame on our coaches for the loss. We play, win, and lose as a team period. What alot of them didn't know is Coach Johnson was playing with one player who should have probably been at the hospital instead of playing but played because she has a warrior's heart. She didn't practice or go thru walk-thrus the night before and was not expected to play. He then had to compensate for that and put a freshman at point with his best player on the bench. I thought he did a great job with what he had going on, and would argue with anyone who says otherwise....he didn't get outcoached he got outpersonnelled (if thats a word). Had to simplify everything with the freshman at point.

-Speaking of the Freshman she did an outstanding job in that situation. TeTe played less than 15mins and Yancy only had a couple of turnovers. We have some great years to look forward to with her at the helm.

-I could not have been prouder to see my daughter walk onto that court Thursday.

-TeTe Flowers had a great All Star game and was probably IMHO the best player on the floor during the game.

-Congrats to TeTe for winning the Miss Basketball Award. It took alot of hard work over the last four years to earn it!

Just got home and to a computer.Congrats to Clay Co on the win.Thought a team that would run could beat Jackson Co.also shows that even though a team can win 3 or 4 games against a team,may not be the best team.Just was on that day.Jackson co was the regular season champs,district champs,region champs and Clay Co wasnt any of those but are now the State Champs.Intended for UC.May have won the region but still wasnt the best team.Anyway.Several things accounted for the loss.Wasnt sure about that last charge call when TE TE swerved around and passed the ball off.As for all the people blasting T.T. and saying carnation is the best player.Here's the deal.All of us that have seen T.T. over the years know what she can do.Same as Carnation.Had all those players seen T.t. against Madisson,sure they would think T.t. deserved the honor.For all the people that saw T.T. at the State.I'm sure they feel like T.t. insnt that good.I would have thought the same just based on that one game.But the officials took T.T. and Lake Co out of the game early as both Shamon and T.T. had 2 fouls in the first quarter.Plus T.T. didnt play smart as well.Still I think she had 12 points and didnt even play a half.And because of the fouls couldnt really run and take it to the basket.Had a couple plays where it looked like Lc was in a daze.Carnation throwing the ball to Shamon while Shamon was running up the court and the ball went out of bounds.T.T. right beside her.Then T.T. walks after a loose ball that Summertown liked to have gotten.Then T.t. not watching and a ball went over her head out of bounds.So the intensity wasnt there at all times.Then as far as coaching.Bret cant shoot free throws but can dictate who does in some instances.Cant believe T.t. has two fouls and then he puts T.T. at the back of a zone under the basket.Summertown went down low immediately and T.T. was called for a foul.T.T. has played down low before gut with two fouls,keep her at the top of the key.Bret was trying to get T.T. out of the game after the third foul but T.T. was called for a foul reaching from behind for her 4th close to half court.She has to be smarter than that .But also Coach could have called a timeout.As for the player shooting the free throws.I feel terrible for her.But I doubt if she's ever missed 5 free throws in a row during her high school career.Just wasnt in the cards that day.If T.T.were in the game ,late and at the top of the key,maybe 21 cant even get a shot.But to her credit she did but also to her credit,she made them.She misses 1 of them or shamon hits 1 free throw ,who knows?And can't believe the foul with 6 seconds.Dont believe Coach told them to foul with a tie game.Just a slower player in the game at that time that reached.That's basically what I've said the [ast couple months.If T.t. is on the floor,can win.If not probably won't.Also said we had a couple spots on defense and it showed at the end.But people didnt see the real T.T..Congrats to her on being Miss Basketball.

I do not know if you watched the clay/stown game but clay played 5 players and 3 refs charge after charge was called on clay but clay overcame that Lake Co. did not. Clay County by far the best team in that tournament so do not get on here and complain about the calling. WINNERS over come that and that is exactly what Clay Co. did. Congrats on your season.I would not put too much into that MISS BASKETBALL, what a joke .Roach was not even nominated and she has had the stats right up there with the winner,with coming out of DISTRICT 7a. If I had my guess ROACH will take that STATE CHAMPION any day over MISS BASKETBALL. CONGRATS SYD on MVP you so deserved that.