Grace Christian

Jet Pride

I think that should be the end game for all of the private schools. Look at the D1 results for all sports. In the smaller school divisions the private schools that are allowed to play public are at the top in everything. Grace has just taken the recruiting/benefits to a new level.

Keep crying. You are the same punk that ran your mouth during football season. GCA isn't breaking the rules as long as TSSAA allows private schools to play in the public school division.

By the way, nice comment earlier when you so intelligently replied to one of the posters by calling him/her "Stupid". Very respectful.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep crying. You are the same punk that ran your mouth during football season. GCA isn't breaking the rules as long as TSSAA allows private schools to play in the public school division.

By the way, nice comment earlier when you so intelligently replied to one of the posters by calling him/her "Stupid". Very respectful.

I would consider being respectful of a poster like you since you actually have some knowledge of the situation. Of course Grace isn't breaking any rules to play in the public division, just like BGA, CAK and several others. The point made at the beginning of the thread was that Grace was running up the score on the hapless "A" league schools that they play. Check the scores. Again, the eventual and logical ending for the public/private split is that all private schools will end up together. Didn't mean to hammer you,just the troll that was trying to be "stupid."

I look at it this way:

Their football team used to be horrible. Then they magically got a bunch of transfers, then they were good. Turns out they were cheating.

Their basketball team used to be horrible. Then they magically got a bunch of transfers, then they were good. Turns out they were cheating.

Their baseball team used to be horrible. Then they magically get a bunch of transfers, then they were good...

I'm just saying guys. If i t looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, chances are, its a duck.

AS an ex-GCA player, it really upsets me to see people try to discredit all the hard work my friends and I put in to bulding up the sports at Grace. You say we were horrible before people started transferring and we have only gotten better because of them, however, you forget to mention the fact that GCA Baseball, Football and Basketball didn't even exist 10 years ago. I can remember being in middle school going to Grace football games when they had 4 people on the bench and a few 8th graders starting varsity. As the school grows, more people are going to come and obviously play sports. All of those sports got better bc people started working and the team and school started growing. In fact, all of the people that have gone on to play in college have been there since middle school or their freshman year. I can only think of one transfer in my 4 years there from any sport that went on to play in college. We went to state last year and only one of our players (Until Helton became eligible for 3 games) was a transfer. The rest had come into Grace just like myself. I understand that people do just come for sports, but they sit out their time as they are supposed too just like if they had transferred to any other school. If you really think that 1 transfer on a baseball team or 2 on a football team could win you a ring, youre kidding yourself.

Also, everyone that is talking about the score being run up by them is completely ridiculous. I can promise that Coach Hoch is the last guy that would want to run it up on anyone. I wasnt there, but I guarantee he did not leave the starters in long and played station to station baseball, bc we did that every time we got a big lead when I was there. Tellico is in a stuation that Grace was in not to long ago where they are trying to build their program and Hoch (and the players for that matter) know that. As for football, Grace sometimes runs it up on those schools due to past experiences. I can remember my freshman year in football, getting absolutely hammered by certain schools who would leave their starters in the entire time and be laughing at us and taking cheap shots. I also remember after the game when the coaches would shake hands and coach Mckamey saying, "dont worry, we'll see you again". Getting a little taste of their own medicine is what makes sports fun and Im sure everyone would agree.

AS an ex-GCA player, it really upsets me to see people try to discredit all the hard work my friends and I put in to bulding up the sports at Grace. You say we were horrible before people started transferring and we have only gotten better because of them, however, you forget to mention the fact that GCA Baseball, Football and Basketball didn't even exist 10 years ago. I can remember being in middle school going to Grace football games when they had 4 people on the bench and a few 8th graders starting varsity. As the school grows, more people are going to come and obviously play sports. All of those sports got better bc people started working and the team and school started growing. In fact, all of the people that have gone on to play in college have been there since middle school or their freshman year. I can only think of one transfer in my 4 years there from any sport that went on to play in college. We went to state last year and only one of our players (Until Helton became eligible for 3 games) was a transfer. The rest had come into Grace just like myself. I understand that people do just come for sports, but they sit out their time as they are supposed too just like if they had transferred to any other school. If you really think that 1 transfer on a baseball team or 2 on a football team could win you a ring, youre kidding yourself.

Also, everyone that is talking about the score being run up by them is completely ridiculous. I can promise that Coach Hoch is the last guy that would want to run it up on anyone. I wasnt there, but I guarantee he did not leave the starters in long and played station to station baseball, bc we did that every time we got a big lead when I was there. Tellico is in a stuation that Grace was in not to long ago where they are trying to build their program and Hoch (and the players for that matter) know that. As for football, Grace sometimes runs it up on those schools due to past experiences. I can remember my freshman year in football, getting absolutely hammered by certain schools who would leave their starters in the entire time and be laughing at us and taking cheap shots. I also remember after the game when the coaches would shake hands and coach Mckamey saying, "dont worry, we'll see you again". Getting a little taste of their own medicine is what makes sports fun and Im sure everyone would agree.

You make some good points but there have been several issues regarding ineligble players in multiple sports. After it happens more than once, you start to question the integrity of the school. I agree with you about Coach Hoch. He's a first class guy that would be more inclined to try and help a team vs. Trying to demean them.

What a bunch of classless clowns. Putting 32 runs on Tellico Plains & 22 on Coalfield give me a break. You wanna know why no one likes you guys and why no one will play you guys, your burning every bridge around east tennessee there is no excuse running up the score like your doing <_<

Were you at the game? I was and my son plays for the Rams.. Every player on the bench played and each hit no matter the distance, the player went station to station. At Coalfield, a 15 year old pitcher, pitched the complete game. At Tellico Plains, Hoch used every pitcher he had including Freshman that had not pitched or pitched very little in a game. The Grace Coach did everything he could do besides bunt each player to keep the score down. Don't speak if you do not know what you are talking about!

If I played for Tellico Plains when we was down 26-2 & Grace was still trying to score there would had been some head shots if I was pitching

Your statement is classless in itself!! You obviously have no clue when it comes to high school baseball. Ask the Tellico Plains Coach how he feels about Grace. Since you were not at the game and love to run your mouth, Tellico Plains Coach and players prayed with each Grace player and Coach after the game and showed class. He understood Grace could have scored 50 and played everyone he could and went station to station. Something you obviously have no clue about. As you said, "Taking Head Shots" is NOT part of the game!! Both teams can play that game and only causes players to be injured or worse. You have no need to watch or comment on high school sports with your attitude toward any team.

Edited by RamPride

Were you at the game? I was and my son plays for the Rams.. Every player on the bench played and each hit no matter the distance, the player went station to station. At Coalfield, a 15 year old pitcher, pitched the complete game. At Tellico Plains, Hoch used every pitcher he had including Freshman that had not pitched or pitched very little in a game. The Grace Coach did everything he could do besides bunt each player to keep the score down. Don't speak if you do not know what you are talking about!

Your quote in itself validates that GCA need to move to Division II and play with the privates. If you're pitching 15 year old players an entire game, pitching every pitcher in your bullpen in another, playing every player on the bench, and doing everything but bunt each player in a game to keep the score even remotely respectable, you need to be in another division.

GCA.. Gonna Cheat Always... Why would a kid sit out an entire season, just to play Single A post season baseball? And you say, "Oh, we pitched a 15 year old kid the entire game." I can remember times in District 3 and 4 A that 70% of the team that the school furnished was 15. Also, there has been teams in Both District 3A and 4A that could "score 50" on district rivals, but out of respect they don't. You pitched a kid that hadn't pitched much in a game? Almost every year each team in Both these districts are forced to pitch a kid that has never pitched before, because most teams have 2 maybe 3 decent pitchers. And just calling it station to station makes me upset for some reason? It's a base not a station. Good luck to Grace at State, granted they make it there. You will need it.

GCA.. Gonna Cheat Always... Why would a kid sit out an entire season, just to play Single A post season baseball? And you say, "Oh, we pitched a 15 year old kid the entire game." I can remember times in District 3 and 4 A that 70% of the team that the school furnished was 15. Also, there has been teams in Both District 3A and 4A that could "score 50" on district rivals, but out of respect they don't. You pitched a kid that hadn't pitched much in a game? Almost every year each team in Both these districts are forced to pitch a kid that has never pitched before, because most teams have 2 maybe 3 decent pitchers. And just calling it station to station makes me upset for some reason? It's a base not a station. Good luck to Grace at State, granted they make it there. You will need it.

Ha....Your name suits you well...Bitter fan.