Grace Christian

Jet Pride

-What are these extra costs??? D1 vs D2

-Quit whining about Webb, they've done the right thing and gone D2... so all students can have

a chance to get in their school.

-And please explain why we should feel sorry for poor ole Grace....especially

after it just installed a state of the art million dollar turf" just like

the one the Buffalo Bills have" .

-So put your silver spoon back in your mouth...and sit back and enjoy watching your

hand picked recruits pound tellico thru the new million dollar turf !

Ok, I'll write this very slow and in order so that you comprehend, understand, and soak it all up.......maybe.

- Like gcapride said , the majority of these extra costs is travel expenses.

- Never once whined about Webb. Webb is an outstanding school. Only said that if we charged the amount of tuition as they do then it would be possible to play D2.

- Never asked you or anyone to feel sorry for Grace.

- Will do. :roflol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll write this very slow and in order so that you comprehend, understand, and soak it all up.......maybe.

- Like gcapride said , the majority of these extra costs is travel expenses.

- Never once whined about Webb. Webb is an outstanding school. Only said that if we charged the amount of tuition as they do then it would be possible to play D2.

- Never asked you or anyone to feel sorry for Grace.

- Will do. :roflol:

The travel costs are incredible. When Catholic was initially included in the smaller private school districts, we actually chose to forfeit a district football game rather than travel to Memphis. It is really tough to justify the travel costs for the non-revenue sports. At least football is able to generate some of the funds to cover expenses. Keep in mind football doesn't travel every week and would normally only be on the road for 5 games. The time constraints are also tough on the student/athletes when you look at traveling to Chattanooga and Nashville on a week night. The travel also prevents most students from going to the away games. There is also an advantage within the private school division of offering "athletic"scholarships which are not offered at Catholic, Grace and CAK in this area. Webb has no choice but to play in the private school division since they offer financial aid.

Edited by IrishBBall

The travel costs are incredible. When Catholic was initially included in the smaller private school districts, we actually chose to forfeit a district football game rather than travel to Memphis. It is really tough to justify the travel costs for the non-revenue sports. At least football is able to generate some of the funds to cover expenses. Keep in mind football doesn't travel every week and would normally only be on the road for 5 games. The time constraints are also tough on the student/athletes when you look at traveling to Chattanooga and Nashville on a week night. The travel also prevents most students from going to the away games. There is also an advantage within the private school division of offering "athletic"scholarships which are not offered at Catholic, Grace and CAK in this area. Webb has no choice but to play in the private school division since they offer financial aid.

Very good post 'IrishBBall'. This is similar stuff I've been trying to tell 'TwinCityT' but he refuses to listen and understand. I don't know why it's so hard for him to comprehend it. Thanks for the reply. :thumb:

Grace's 2011 District Football Results

Grace 28 Rockwood 0

Grace 40 Greenback 0

Grace 39 Tellico 0

Grace 69 Midway 0

Grace 49 Harriman 0

Grace 225 District 0........

Even a moron like me knows that this ain't no even playing field.

Also noticed that Grace has road games this year at Franklin Road & South Pitt

I guess travel time and expense are only issues for District games.

Edited by TwinCityT

Grace 28 Rockwood 0

Grace 40 Greenback 0

Grace 39 Tellico 0

Grace 69 Midway 0

Grace 49 Harriman 0

I am not a fan of Grace on any level, but they are a local school here in Knoxville where I live and I follow them because my kids have friends that go there. Let me say that Grace plays some schools around here outside their district and I believe they lost most of the games such as Karns which was 7th. in 3AAA. They are not that good, but they work very hard. If you are in their district I suggest you stop whining and put your kids on some competitive summer teams, send them to camps, and do the work that necessary to get better! You can't expect to compete without putting the work into it!

I am not a fan of Grace on any level, but they are a local school here in Knoxville where I live and I follow them because my kids have friends that go there. Let me say that Grace plays some schools around here outside their district and I believe they lost most of the games such as Karns which was 7th. in 3AAA. They are not that good, but they work very hard. If you are in their district I suggest you stop whining and put your kids on some competitive summer teams, send them to camps, and do the work that necessary to get better! You can't expect to compete without putting the work into it!

You should research the season scores most teams in the district are competetive with each other just not with Grace they were in another leagues compared to Rockwood,Midway and Greenback and most of district 3 teams beat the best teams from the other districts,Grace is completly heads and tails better than the next closest and Rockwood has a great baseball traditon and Grace run rules them-come on your post holds no water,alot of these kids do play on good travel teams.Grace won the district in football(as far as win loss record)softball,baseball,what else i'm sure i missed one.They need to be in 3a at least!!

Another point Grace supporters seem to be missing. Private schools are a business. They make a profit. If the school didn't turn a profit, they would shut it down. You guys just put field turf down that was claimed by Grace supporters to be worth $350K. I know our football program hasn't had $350K put into it in the 13 years I have been folowing it. What's kind of money do your coaches make? I'm sure its a decent living. Here in Carter County, the suppliment for a head coach is $500. Yep that's right, I didn't forget a 0. $500. You guys can go out and buy almost any coach you want. We can't. What about training or practice facilities? I'm sure Grace has a great set of batting cages. Until this year, we had to set ours up on the gym floor. Which since we had a sucsessful basketball team, that meant we didn't get to practice in the cage until AFTER the season had already started. And I'm sure at Grace, there is money to go around to send your entire team to clinics and camps. Up here, parents have to foot the bill, which means a lot of kids just don't go.

You see, you guys have all that money floating around. I know you can't literally buy wins with it, but like it or not, it gives you guys a HUGE advantage over small, rural public schools.

Grace 28 Rockwood 0

Grace 40 Greenback 0

Grace 39 Tellico 0

Grace 69 Midway 0

Grace 49 Harriman 0

Well guess what moron, in case you didn't know this but the TSSAA creates/sets the districts up, not the schools. We didn't ask to be put in this district.

Traditionally, Rockwood and Greenback are powerhouses in their respective classes. They were two very good teams last year as well. As you know, we had an exceptional season though. In my opinion, we will probably have to be bumped up to class AAA in football within the next four years due to an increasing enrollment and the TSSAA multiplier. I'm already hearing that in baseball, basketball and softball we may be bumped up to AA next season....but not for sure yet on that.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! In the time being, quit your whining and get over it.

Another point Grace supporters seem to be missing. Private schools are a business. They make a profit. If the school didn't turn a profit, they would shut it down. You guys just put field turf down that was claimed by Grace supporters to be worth $350K. I know our football program hasn't had $350K put into it in the 13 years I have been folowing it. What's kind of money do your coaches make? I'm sure its a decent living. Here in Carter County, the suppliment for a head coach is $500. Yep that's right, I didn't forget a 0. $500. You guys can go out and buy almost any coach you want. We can't. What about training or practice facilities? I'm sure Grace has a great set of batting cages. Until this year, we had to set ours up on the gym floor. Which since we had a sucsessful basketball team, that meant we didn't get to practice in the cage until AFTER the season had already started. And I'm sure at Grace, there is money to go around to send your entire team to clinics and camps. Up here, parents have to foot the bill, which means a lot of kids just don't go.

You see, you guys have all that money floating around. I know you can't literally buy wins with it, but like it or not, it gives you guys a HUGE advantage over small, rural public schools.

-Get your facts straight there hoss. Yes we just put a new turf field in but the whole GCA community and sports programs are helping to raise the funds for it. The soccer program has already helped raise money for it. The basketball and baseball program is pitching in with fundraising events as well as track and cross country. The school is not paying the bill.

- Not sure how much our coaches are paid, none of my business.

- Yes, we finally have got a batting cage recently......nothing special about it.

- The clinics and camps. Are ya ready? Yes we have clinics and camps in just about every sport. My son played football and basketball at Grace. WE,(his parents) paid for football camp, basketball camp every season, basketball shoes every season, basketball warm ups and equipment bags every season. My daughter currently plays soccer and ,WE,( the parents) pay for her GCA soccer camp every season whether it be on campus or elsewhere, we pay for her soccer gear and warm ups every time they are needed to be purchased.

SOOOOO! You..........have no idea or no clue. Get your facts straight please!

-Get your facts straight there hoss. Yes we just put a new turf field in but the whole GCA community and sports programs are helping to raise the funds for it. The soccer program has already helped raise money for it. The basketball and baseball program is pitching in with fundraising events as well as track and cross country. The school is not paying the bill.

- Not sure how much our coaches are paid, none of my business.

- Yes, we finally have got a batting cage recently......nothing special about it.

- The clinics and camps. Are ya ready? Yes we have clinics and camps in just about every sport. My son played football and basketball at Grace. WE,(his parents) paid for football camp, basketball camp every season, basketball shoes every season, basketball warm ups and equipment bags every season. My daughter currently plays soccer and ,WE,( the parents) pay for her GCA soccer camp every season whether it be on campus or elsewhere, we pay for her soccer gear and warm ups every time they are needed to be purchased.

SOOOOO! You..........have no idea or no clue. Get your facts straight please!

So the arguement that Grace doesn't want to play division 2 because of money is invalid ?

Seems you want your cake and eat it too!

Grace did win every District football game last year by shut outs. You read that correctly, NOT ONE TEAM IN THE DISTRICT scored a single point on the RAMS in 2011. That was a result of an extremely hard working and motivated bunch of kids that had a goal and accomplished that goal, to shut out every team in the district. I don't care if you like Grace or hate Grace, that is a huge accomplishment. Grace will continue to beat all of the district teams in District 3A. We will do this because we are more disciplined and better prepared AND better coached than all the other teams in our district. The other teams have the same amount of time (as set forth under TSSAA time regulations) that GCA has to prepare their teams for competition. We are just fortunate that our Football, Baseball and Softball coaches are at the top of their game. They expect the best out of their players and accept nothing less. Winning breeds winning. That attitude is evident in everything at Grace Christian Academy, from Academics to Athletics, we expect to win.

Stop whining and work harder.