Grace Christian

Jet Pride

Grace has almost always been very unclassy. But what I don't understand is why everyone is so shocked that they have no class. I mean, they are proven, hibitual CHEATERS. It should come to no surprise that they are classless as well. There is a much larger problem with that school than a lack of class.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GCA.... where do you start at? These clowns are always up to no good! Come Next Baseball season 9 new athletes and a star to replace Helton will show up. Come Football season some new star athlete will come from somewhere out of the states to fill Menga's spot. Ridiculous recruiting! Private Vs. Private. Public Vs. Public. Advantages to private schools as well! Winter's Salary is to take care of the baseball field. Now come on how many coaches well any man would love that job. How wouldn't you have some spare time to make some calls. Stateing "Sir, would your child be interested in coming to Grace for free?" Father: "For Free!!!" Coach: "Well yes were trying to put together a program for only the best, just keep everything quite you know how that goes" :roflolk: :roflolk: :roflolk: SMH

If the games went as one I saw today went, I'd give Grace the benefit of a doubt. If they continued to run it up late, then there would be some concern. Sequatchie won 27-3 over Chattanooga Grace, at home but it could have been much worse. Grace played last night in a district game and the way I understood it, used their most effective pitcher. They have a young group this year. Game was 10-0 after one with Sequatchie getting several doubles and triples. 14-3 after two, a large lead but not impossible as Grace was hitting the ball, or they could have least made it closer if they'd kept it up at the plate. In the third things fell apart for Grace. Their pitchers, their second and third of the game, gave up 12. Third pitcher looked really inexperienced. I believe some of Sequatchie's starters batted once in the third and mass substitutions started when they got back to the top of the order. I think 7 new players batted in the inning and all went out to the field in the top of the fourth, the only ones remaining on defense were a sophomore catcher and a new pitcher who'd been playing first. Sequatchie scored 1 more, in the bottom of the fourth to finish at 27. It was probably the first high school varsity at-bat for several. After a while they stopped going from third on wild pitches when they'd likely have scored easily, even stopped going from first or second on wild pitches, well before that they had stopped stealing bases. You can do such things to help keep the game from getting even worse instead of just giving them outs (way off first then don't go back on the throwback, purposely swing at pitches outside the zone, etc, I've seen both before when teams in the field literally could not get an out). The team losing still has to make the outs but you can back off after a while. I'd like to have seen the box score and how soon if at all there were subs in the Grace games. One rule change that might help, allow the game to end before the fifth inning if the lead gets to 15 or 20.

Edited by Indian

Grace Christian Academy believes that sports also provide an excellent opportunity to minister God’s love to the community through exemplary attitudes and actions.

The Athletic Department at Grace Christian Academy seeks to use the arena of athletic competition to teach each student-athlete the disciplines needed to build Christian character, to develop a sense of community, and to foster excellence in education, teamwork, and leadership.

As we strive for excellence in every area at the Academy, God has richly blessed us with a dedicated coaching staff in all of our sports. Nearly half of GCA's middle and high school students participate in at least one sport. We look forward to having a great year and seeing what the Lord will do in the lives of our student-athletes.

The above is off GCA website!!

What a joke!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a proud tradition... karma will get you.

Whoa whoa whoa everyone hold on a minute..........PLEASE PLEASE DON"T GO ANY FURTHER...................

Here is what I have to say about the coaching staff of the Grace baseball team nothing and I mean nothing but class.....Yes they beat the Bears 30-2 not 32-2 if 2 runs matter. But from the moment the got up by 10 they went station to station and only scored maybe 4 time from second and 2 of those were homeruns. Once we (tellico) got down by 10 we put all our JV in so they could get a look at a strong pitcher because many of them have never seen that. They would have for sure put their JV in had it been a home game for them. But since we played at home they only brought a few players. Coach H spent 15 or 20 minutes before the game talking to us in our dugout about fishing, baseball, and Luke his son. He is always super to us and is wonderful to coach against. During the game his players were not laughing at us or making fun of us at all. They were super respectful to us in and out of the dugout and we met at the mound after the game and prayed. I know and have seen their other sports and players and might agree with you about them a little but as for their baseball team nothing but class.

Whoa whoa whoa everyone hold on a minute..........PLEASE PLEASE DON"T GO ANY FURTHER...................

Here is what I have to say about the coaching staff of the Grace baseball team nothing and I mean nothing but class.....Yes they beat the Bears 30-2 not 32-2 if 2 runs matter. But from the moment the got up by 10 they went station to station and only scored maybe 4 time from second and 2 of those were homeruns. Once we (tellico) got down by 10 we put all our JV in so they could get a look at a strong pitcher because many of them have never seen that. They would have for sure put their JV in had it been a home game for them. But since we played at home they only brought a few players. Coach H spent 15 or 20 minutes before the game talking to us in our dugout about fishing, baseball, and Luke his son. He is always super to us and is wonderful to coach against. During the game his players were not laughing at us or making fun of us at all. They were super respectful to us in and out of the dugout and we met at the mound after the game and prayed. I know and have seen their other sports and players and might agree with you about them a little but as for their baseball team nothing but class.

Kind of funny you just joined today as a 'Tellico Plains Bear' and tried your best to defend GCA when their own people can't even defend what they do. :D

GCA.... where do you start at? These clowns are always up to no good! Come Next Baseball season 9 new athletes and a star to replace Helton will show up. Come Football season some new star athlete will come from somewhere out of the states to fill Menga's spot. Ridiculous recruiting! Private Vs. Private. Public Vs. Public. Advantages to private schools as well! Winter's Salary is to take care of the baseball field. Now come on how many coaches well any man would love that job. How wouldn't you have some spare time to make some calls. Stateing "Sir, would your child be interested in coming to Grace for free?" Father: "For Free!!!" Coach: "Well yes were trying to put together a program for only the best, just keep everything quite you know how that goes" :roflolk: :roflolk: :roflolk: SMH

You hit it on the head Big,heard they have a 6'5 reciever working with team now to take mingas spot!

You hit it on the head Big,heard they have a 6'5 reciever working with team now to take mingas spot!

I have heard there's more to come. In the end, the private schools "playing public" will have to go to DII. There is no way to level this playing field. They will recruit and they will have a lot to offer.

PROUD TO BE A BEAR JUST KEEP TAKEN UP FOR YOUR SCHOOL THATS FINE BUT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON AT GRACE ITS JUST FUNNY HOW THEY ALWAYS HAVE PLAYERS THAT JUST COME OUT OF THE BLUE LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE 3 OR 4 THAT ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IN THE DIST TOURNY IN BASEBALL THAT ANT PLAYED ALL YEAR ALL IT COMES DOWN TO IS TSSAA IS GOING TO HAVE TO DO SOMETHING AND GET THESE PRIV AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS TO MAKE EVERYTHING FAIR.