District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

Yea but at the end of the day they are not 3-0. They are improving on offense especially running the ball. But still doesn't play defense, they gave up 30 something to crockett and another 20 something last night. The only reason the JCM score was low because it look like two middle school teams playing in their first game on both sides of the ball. At the end of the day it still comes down to stopping people. If there answer is to just blitz which it is, if you have seen them play. then teams that block down and kick out will handle them just fine EX: Milan, Dyersburg, and Covington. Like Bill Parcells always says you are what your record is and for haywood it's not 3-0. Sorry bud!!!

You are exactly right. You can't give up that many points and expect to be a winner. Im a firm believe in Defense wins championships, and Offense draws the crowd. You do have to be able to stop people. As I said, this team is improving, but by no means am I tooting my own horn for my school. Definitely have a long way to go, but just considering the circumstances and how bad they were last year, they deserve the credit that they are improved from a year ago. JMO also.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Covington is a good team. I might even go out on a limb and say a GREAT team in the second half, If they could come out like they did against Brighton in the second half every quarter of every game they might not be beatable. The question is how will they react when someone comes out and hits them in the mouth right off the bat?

Well, week 4 has sort of re-arranged the rankings in this district.

South Gibson and Covington are alone atop the rankings, and they don't play each other in the regular season. Covington will still have to play Milan near the end of the season, too. I am too lazy to look it up, so who does S. Gibson have left on their schedule?

Covington has Gibson County, Haywood, Obion County, Milan and Ripley left to play. Sept. 21 is an open date for the Chargers.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Westview is also 2-0 in the district.

I had not caught that. Westview has lost to Camden and Dresden. As a Covington fan, I don't know much about those teams this year. Is Westview a legitimate contender in our district, or is this just an early-season deal that will fade later?

I really don't know because we have not played Westview in so long that I have a hard time assessing how good they are.

Well, week 4 has sort of re-arranged the rankings in this district.

South Gibson and Covington are alone atop the rankings, and they don't play each other in the regular season. Covington will still have to play Milan near the end of the season, too. I am too lazy to look it up, so who does S. Gibson have left on their schedule?

Covington has Gibson County, Haywood, Obion County, Milan and Ripley left to play. Sept. 21 is an open date for the Chargers.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

South Gibson has obion, gibson county, haywood, crocket, and westview

So, there are some interesting district match-ups in week 6. If I read the schedule correctly, here are the 9/28 games. I used the power rankings from Sonny Moore to come up with the point spreads, just to get some discussion going.

Milan @ Westview (Milan by 6)

Dyersburg @ Crockett Co. (Dyersburg by 2)

Obion Co. @ South Gibson (SGC by 14)

Haywood @ Ripley (Ripley by 7)

Covington @ Gibson Co. (Cov. by 48)

What do y'all think?

Edited by CHARGERFAN