Reclassification

fblover

Ok HTV....let's do it this way...below, I'm gonna post last year's schedule (which is the same as this year's) for clarification. Then, you tell me how many teams you see that are a DIFFERENT classification than Henry County.

Liberty Tech

Beech

Kenwood

Clarksville Northwest

Springfield

West Creek

Clarksville Northeast

Clarksville High

Dickson County

Rossview

How many teams to do you see that have a different classification than do the Patriots?

Without looking it up, I can't tell you. There are 6 playoff classifications right now. That's just not debatable, yet games outside of a particular school's playoff classification determine playoff berths. Rational and sound reason says that is not the better way to do it.

Not saying you can't play those other schools that are close for gate. Every school has to have several goof gate games per year to make the bottom financial line balance. Simply saying that the games against the teams in the classification in which a school is going to be placed for playoff competition should be the games that decide who playoff teams are.

And by the way, this is just discussion. Not saying you are wrong, nor I am right. If everybody agreed with me on every issue I would really worry about them.

HTV and Prez, both of you make valid arguments. I respect both of your view points. I personally think 6 championships waters down the playoffs in Our division. However, looking at the possible senerio of there being a region with 5 teams and Gallatins possible region of 10 teams is ridiculous as well. This would give Gallatin only one "traditional rival/gate game". Hendersonville, Station Camp, or Mt Juliet would have to fill the bill just to cover the metros and Clarksville schools gate losses. This is why I propose dropping the 8 regions for 10 regions/ districts taking the top 3 in each then allowing the top two of the rest by the formula to achieve the 32. Thus dropping the classification back to 5 and allowing for more room on the schedules for traditional rival games which generally are closer and money makers. It would seem to quell both arguements. What are your opinions?

What I would like to know is what brillant soul at the T$$AA thinks Cookeville is closer to Rutherford County than say......Coffee County, Lincoln County, Wilson Central, and a couple of others...........so much for trying to cut down travel costs. <_<

Cut down on travel expenses, HAHA, come to Hardin County and follow us around in our district and region !!!

HTV and Prez, both of you make valid arguments. I respect both of your view points. I personally think 6 championships waters down the playoffs in Our division. However, looking at the possible senerio of there being a region with 5 teams and Gallatins possible region of 10 teams is ridiculous as well. This would give Gallatin only one "traditional rival/gate game". Hendersonville, Station Camp, or Mt Juliet would have to fill the bill just to cover the metros and Clarksville schools gate losses. This is why I propose dropping the 8 regions for 10 regions/ districts taking the top 3 in each then allowing the top two of the rest by the formula to achieve the 32. Thus dropping the classification back to 5 and allowing for more room on the schedules for traditional rival games which generally are closer and money makers. It would seem to quell both arguements. What are your opinions?

GWAVE1...like HTV, I always enjoy reading your posts and value your opinions. I noticed in the proposal, that Gallatin would drop a to 4A while Region 5-5A would inherit Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Station Camp. Again, although HTV and I undoubtedly disagree on the number of classifications that are relevant to this arguement..I still (even though watered down) feel that in District play, the current system works for MORE schools than it hurts. I will go on record again by saying, NO TEAM determines another team's playoff scenerio other than themselves and their performance. That's the point that gets lost in the arguement that few care to admit is the underlying truth. (including my "good friend" HTV)

Without looking it up, I can't tell you. There are 6 playoff classifications right now. That's just not debatable, yet games outside of a particular school's playoff classification determine playoff berths. Rational and sound reason says that is not the better way to do it.

Not saying you can't play those other schools that are close for gate. Every school has to have several goof gate games per year to make the bottom financial line balance. Simply saying that the games against the teams in the classification in which a school is going to be placed for playoff competition should be the games that decide who playoff teams are.

And by the way, this is just discussion. Not saying you are wrong, nor I am right. If everybody agreed with me on every issue I would really worry about them.

Haa..you dodged my question....therefore, I will answer it. The correct answer is 1! Liberty competes in District 14-AA. Although Beech competes in District 9-AAA, the rest of the teams on that schedule compete in District 10-AAA...meaning all but 1 team are classified as AAA (3A)! No other factors matter regarding playoff seeding UNLESS we were to be penalized for possibly losing a game to the lower classified Liberty team (who is AA)in which case...is a matter controlled "solely" by Henry County High.

Edited by QBClubPrez

If they go back to 5, the number of teams in each region needs to be as uniform as possible to make the chances of making the playoffs more equitable. Personally, I think 7-8 is a good number. That still gives teams a fair shot at qualifying, while making for 3 or 4 "money game" possibilities outside of region play. It also give incentives for teams to play good teams in different classifications in non region games, since they wouldn't count against playoff possibilities.

HTV, exactly my point! Right now under current numbers in what would be 4A there are 11 teams in the West with 2 regions. 19 teams in the Middle with again 2 regions and 26 teams in the East with 4 regions. That math doesn't add up because of location. I bet you would think different if teams in the East were in 3 regions and Middle went to 3 regions. That is why the multiple of 8 regions doesnt work. We need more regions for equity. Then there is no way a good team gets left out of the playoffs with the 2 wildcards.

If they go back to 5, the number of teams in each region needs to be as uniform as possible to make the chances of making the playoffs more equitable. Personally, I think 7-8 is a good number. That still gives teams a fair shot at qualifying, while making for 3 or 4 "money game" possibilities outside of region play. It also give incentives for teams to play good teams in different classifications in non region games, since they wouldn't count against playoff possibilities.

Now...we agree. (but this is only "IF" the proposal passes in July...which I still doubt)

Has anyone told the Board members they can get a very good detailed map of the state at ANY State vistors center for FREE?!?! <_<

Maybe if they would stop and get one on their travels thruout the state on their expense accounts would help them. This is especially so now that they were not prepared and have to meet yet again! :angry:

Has anyone told the Board members they can get a very good detailed map of the state at ANY State vistors center for FREE?!?! <_<

Maybe if they would stop and get one on their travels thruout the state on their expense accounts would help them. This is especially so now that they were not prepared and have to meet yet again! :angry:

Let's see, 250 mile round trip from Bradley County to Lincoln County would be 2 1/2 hours on the road to get there,2 1/2 hours to get home, plus eating. Then at 25 mpg (avg estimate for cars)is 10 gallons of fuel = 30 to 40 bucks plus food, plus tickets, plus parking.

And even worse Copperhill to Huntland and Moore County games? Come on. 3+ hours?

Has the powers that be noticed anything about the drop in attendence at other events because of cost of travel and attendence? Apparently not.

And it's not hard to use mapquest to figure these things out. Oh and btw, lot's of this is not interstate running, it's two lane slow speed travel. <_<