Reclassification

fblover

That's wrong about Georgia. They have six classifications as well. I believe this will be there first year using it.

I double checked on that and it's my bad; they are using 6 this upcoming season. But that still begs the question of does Tennessee really need that many.

I checked on the schedules of some North Georgia teams I am familier with (nephew played there and I followed his team around for 3 years)and they still don't have the travel distances some of our teams will face.

Edited by alt1958

Do you seriously think I sounded offensive. I was just providing information. I guess since you are a very inexperienced (4 posts total as of now) poster, you are reading more into my post than was implied. I know a message board is not a very effective way to communicate, due to the lack of inflection and non-verbal cues that go along with face to face communication. What it lacks in this area is more than made up for by the speed and immediacy of the medium. Since you are a new and inexperienced poster I will overlook this mistake. I am just glad you aren't someone who makes new screen names and posts baited or loaded questions.

As for the defending Maryville High School issue, what are they going to do to us, move us to 7A? We will be just fine.

I was really wanting to discuss the issue further as to how they are going to deal with the issue you have suggested and find out who decides what the definitions are. I truly don't think the term "open zone" is accurate in a system that doesn't have high school zones. There are counties in West Tennessee where they are discussing on the message boards how all the city kids are going to the big comprehensive county high school. They pay zero tuition. The problem is, not all situations are the same and it is not black and white.

PS: What are your other screen names? :ph34r:

I am sorry message board hero I did not realize I was required to meet certain criteria before posting on a message board. I was trying to join in on discussion about classification in Tennessee High School. For some reason you felt impelled to tell me about Maryville Zoning. Not that I asked, or for that matter care where the Zones are for your area. I see no reason for you to "defend" Maryville Football. I believe they take care of that themselves when they step onto the field every Friday night. I would like to apologize for not being as experience in the message board world as you the great one. I will do my best to again the knowledge you possess when it comes to being the message board hero. For the time being I will be studying the rules and regulations associated with posting on message boards.

I double checked on that and it's my bad; they are using 6 this upcoming season. But that still begs the question of does Tennessee really need that many.

I checked on the schedules of some North Georgia teams I am familier with (nephew played there and I followed his team around for 3 years)and they still don't have the travel distances some of our teams will face.

I agree. Some of the distance teams travel in Tennessee is ridiculous. The bad thing is with 5 classifications it may be worse than with 6. I do not know the answer to solving that problem. I am sure the TSSAA would be open to suggestions LOL.

Edited by AcesWild

I was really wanting to discuss the issue further as to how they are going to deal with the issue you have suggested and find out who decides what the definitions are. I truly don't think the term "open zone" is accurate in a system that doesn't have high school zones.

You can use the term "open enrollment" if you wish

That is very true. All D-1 private schools do not recruit either but they are multiplied the same as the ones that do. There is not a way to determind the open zone schools that recruit vs the ones that do not. Therefore they should all be multiplied. Is it fair? Not for open zone schools not recruiting. The simple solution would be if your not recruiting then there is no reason to be open zone. Take the kids in your zone and play ball.

The way to deal with open enrolment public schools is the same way that t$$aa deals with privates playing in the public league. If a student pays for admission to a public school, he/she can't participate in sports. You might be confused. Treat them like a private student getting financial aid to go to a private school. If that student going to a private school plays in the public divison, the they are ineligible for sports.

That is very true. All D-1 private schools do not recruit either but they are multiplied the same as the ones that do. There is not a way to determind the open zone schools that recruit vs the ones that do not. Therefore they should all be multiplied. Is it fair? Not for open zone schools not recruiting. The simple solution would be if your not recruiting then there is no reason to be open zone. Take the kids in your zone and play ball.

There is one way to tell if an open enrolment school is recruiting. Don't let students that are out of zone and pay tuition to go to a public school be eligible to play sports. The will say that is unfair. It is similar to a student getting financial aid to go to a private school school playing in the public league. That student is not supposed to be eligible to play sports. That is what go Grace Christian in Knoxville put on probation. They we playing in the public school league, but a student getting financial aid to attend the school was playing football and basketball. Simple solution, all privates play private.

I agree. Some of the distance teams travel in Tennessee is ridiculous. The bad thing is with 5 classifications it may be worse than with 6. I do not know the answer to solving that problem. I am sure the TSSAA would be open to suggestions LOL.

For some places, there simply is no answer. We (Henry County) have been on an island for years in terms of region/district games, and just finding schools who are similar in size to us. That's one of the reasons I don't understand why so many schools complain about it. Until you follow a program who's closest region/district opponent is 60+ miles away, it's hard for me to feel sorry for you. Even with all the traveling, you can be sure that whoever we play will get one of the largest visiting gates of their season when we come to town. Not to mention we do so in a district with a bunch of schools that don't return that same favor. It's a nag, but we deal with it, and deal with it well. I've always believed travel to be a highly overrated concern.

For some places, there simply is no answer. We (Henry County) have been on an island for years in terms of region/district games, and just finding schools who are similar in size to us. That's one of the reasons I don't understand why so many schools complain about it. Until you follow a program who's closest region/district opponent is 60+ miles away, it's hard for me to feel sorry for you. Even with all the traveling, you can be sure that whoever we play will get one of the largest visiting gates of their season when we come to town. Not to mention we do so in a district with a bunch of schools that don't return that same favor. It's a nag, but we deal with it, and deal with it well. I've always believed travel to be a highly overrated concern.

YEP.

I would like to apologize for not being as experience in the message board world as you the great one. I will do my best to again the knowledge you possess when it comes to being the message board hero.

RR....Eye'm startin a knew theam song fer ewe....Jist add Messige Bored fer Juke Box.......

Eye rilly like that part whur hit sez "He saw STARS inn hiz I's"..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

There is one way to tell if an open enrolment school is recruiting. Don't let students that are out of zone and pay tuition to go to a public school be eligible to play sports. That is what go Grace Christian in Knoxville put on probation. They we playing in the public school league, but a student getting financial aid to attend the school was playing football and basketball.

Eye thaink eye undurstand clawedbawl.....Butt knott all thes kids haiv az much trubble writin sintences wif werds that maik cents, az ewe do... and thairfour shood bee allowed two play sports if'un thay cain rite good sintences and shoodun't haiv two set out jist caws ewe haiv two stay aftur skool fer extree Anglish classus.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

If the 5 class system is selected by the TSSAA, how would it affect other sports? Would the current districts remain intact or would the districts be the same as football?

Before going to the Z plan for football (5 classifications) there were still 3 classes for all other sports. Football regions and districts for other sports didn't necessarily include the same schools. That's how it would be going back to the 5 classification system for football.

Football is a totally different animal when it comes to classification than are the rest of the sports due to the number of student/athletes needed to field a competitive team.