Reclassification

fblover

The new system makes little sense, given that games with teams outside of ones playoff classification count just as much as games with teams you are actually competing with for those playoff spots. It has also made non-district scheduling virtually impossible for some of the more successful teams in all classes. Other schools don't want to take a chance on losing to a smaller classification school as it hurts them in playoff "points" if they lose to them, but they get no plus if they beat a smaller classification team in those non-district games.

Travel? It really only took the travel out of the regular season and on to teams having to travel for the playoffs. Some of the road trips teams have to make for first and second round games are brutal.

HTV I understand your point but your looking out for Powell and other larger schools. Schools like Rockwood and Oliver Springs gets screwed going back to 5 classes. More travel and were stuck with Alcoa again it not fair. You gotta understand us smaller schools have a chance now

I hate these large regions then across the state you have 5 teams in a region. Just make say 10 regions instead of 8 with 2 wildcards and use the formula with best record. That way it is more even and easier to schedule traditional rivalries. Multiples of 8 just doesnt have to be the rule anymore. Worry about where they go in the playoffs after those teams have qualified. Also very tired of hearing the whining of playing Alcoa and Maryville. To be the best you have to beat the best.

Region 3 5A

Eastern Time Zone:

Bradley Central, McMinn County, Soddy Daisy, Walker Valley;

Central Time Zone:

Coffee County, Franklin County, Lincoln County, Warren County;

Not only is the travel a pain between South East TN and the Middle Tn Counties, the time difference makes it that much worse. Scheduling start times is crazy, and making the trip means the Central Time Zone counties will have to leave so much earlier and the Eastern Time Zone teams will get home really late.

Plus almost trip between the Eastern teams and Central teams will require going through Chattanooga at rush hour, on a Friday. Warren County is only travel that can avoid downtown Chattanooga at that time, if you wish to go across the mountains.

Yuck is the nicest thing I can say right off. I think the Board of Control guys need to spend a season in some of these outlying areas making those trips.