Reclassification

fblover

Someone in the know... please post the recommended 5A regions.

The only recommendation that I know for sure is the "5A district/region" that will include Henry County, Clarksville High, Dickson County, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Rossview, Station Camp, and Wilson Central. I do not know if they will be refered to as a "district or region" nor do I know the number designation of it!

The proposed districts I wrote down for the Mid Tenn area are:

Henry Co., Clarksville, Dickson Co., Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Rossview, Station Camp, and Wilson Central

Columbia, David Lipscomb, Glencliff, Hillsboro, Hillwood, Lawrence Co., Shelbyville, Summitt, and Tullahoma

Blackman, Cookeville, LaVergne, Lebanon, Oakland, Riverdale, Siegel, Smyrna, and Stewart's Creek

Gallatin, Beech, Kenwood, Macon Co., Maplewood, Clarksville NW, West Creek, and Whites Creek

Williamson Co. and Metro Schools in another district, but teams were not specified.

All these are simply suggestions though. The picture will be alot clearer once the fall enrollment numbers come out.

The proposed districts I wrote down for the Mid Tenn area are:

Henry Co., Clarksville, Dickson Co., Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Rossview, Station Camp, and Wilson Central

Columbia, David Lipscomb, Glencliff, Hillsboro, Hillwood, Lawrence Co., Shelbyville, Summitt, and Tullahoma

Blackman, Cookeville, LaVergne, Lebanon, Oakland, Riverdale, Siegel, Smyrna, and Stewart's Creek

Gallatin, Beech, Kenwood, Macon Co., Maplewood, Clarksville NW, West Creek, and Whites Creek

Williamson Co. and Metro Schools in another district, but teams were not specified.

All these are simply suggestions though. The picture will be a lot clearer once the fall enrollment numbers come out.

Lol everyone forgets Portland, how do they shake out? and Thanks and when does this all start to affect the schedules, just trying to understand what my soon to be Freshman son has to deal with.

I dislike the 5 class format to much travel involved, I say keep the current format regular season has less travel and some good rivalry games

The new system makes little sense, given that games with teams outside of ones playoff classification count just as much as games with teams you are actually competing with for those playoff spots. It has also made non-district scheduling virtually impossible for some of the more successful teams in all classes. Other schools don't want to take a chance on losing to a smaller classification school as it hurts them in playoff "points" if they lose to them, but they get no plus if they beat a smaller classification team in those non-district games.

Travel? It really only took the travel out of the regular season and on to teams having to travel for the playoffs. Some of the road trips teams have to make for first and second round games are brutal.

Class 4A

Region 1-4A

Cherokee

Cocke Co.

David Crockett

Morristown-Hamblen

Sullivan Central

Sullivan South

Tennessee High

Volunteer

Region 2-4A

Gibbs