Greeneville vs MoWest

DevilMan03

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you guys have a new starting QB for this game! Finchum could be a game changer with Stewart at RB! Show down in big G'Vegas! I think this should have been the line-up all year, but it's none of my buisness! Finchum is an awesome QB and Stewart is as tough as nails! Good combination! The change could be a game changer for the Devils!

Edited by WGHS1987

You poor little girls at WG will whine no matter what. I know this argument is beaten to death but so is yours. Would you rather play for milk cans or gold balls? I know its rough getting your @s$ handed to u every year, but please put your efforts in to something useful, like getting some visitors stands. Go stand on the corner with a bucket or something.

Do you want to know what really grinds my gears? People like you. You post on a forum website about how mighty your team is all the while you lambast other schools. That's sad; however, what is, I would venture to say more of a disgrace, is that these kids are in your hometown. "Poor little girls at WG"? You play for "Gold Balls" while they play for Milk Cans? You're such a disgrace. How about you lose your bias, support your school, and be proud of the other school's in YOUR county. It's actually quite an honor that you live in a county that can boast 5 high schools. And, as far as the WG football program is concerned, I think it is absolutely amazing how far they have come. 1-9,0-10, 0-10, 1-9 for four consecutive years to a contender to make the State Playoffs year in and year out. Boast your pride in your school because they deserve it. What they have done the past three years pumps me up for our county! I'm proud of them! However, it's people like you, not Greeneville High School that get on last nerve.

Do you want to know what really grinds my gears? People like you. You post on a forum website about how mighty your team is all the while you lambast other schools. That's sad; however, what is, I would venture to say more of a disgrace, is that these kids are in your hometown. "Poor little girls at WG"? You play for "Gold Balls" while they play for Milk Cans? You're such a disgrace. How about you lose your bias, support your school, and be proud of the other school's in YOUR county. It's actually quite an honor that you live in a county that can boast 5 high schools. And, as far as the WG football program is concerned, I think it is absolutely amazing how far they have come. 1-9,0-10, 0-10, 1-9 for four consecutive years to a contender to make the State Playoffs year in and year out. Boast your pride in your school because they deserve it. What they have done the past three years pumps me up for our county! I'm proud of them! However, it's people like you, not Greeneville High School that get on last nerve.

Great post!

You know what really grinds my gears? people like you who blast someone who is reacting to another post that is blasting Greeneville for "recruiting". How about you read the thread before you decide to get on a soapbox(see page 6). Maybe some of the WG posters on the board should quit whining about county schools losing talent to Greeneville (who has a tougher open enrollment policy than any of the county schools) and concentrate on the continued improvement of the Buffs. Then maybe WG could attract more of the county talent. If all we have to bust each others chops over is "recruiting", milk cans, and bleachers then I don't see what the big deal is. You overreact like somebody shot your best dog...maybe whiny little girl is not so far from a fair description

You know what really grinds my gears? people like you who blast someone who is reacting to another post that is blasting Greeneville for "recruiting". How about you read the thread before you decide to get on a soapbox(see page 6). Maybe some of the WG posters on the board should quit whining about county schools losing talent to Greeneville (who has a tougher open enrollment policy than any of the county schools) and concentrate on the continued improvement of the Buffs. Then maybe WG could attract more of the county talent. If all we have to bust each others chops over is "recruiting", milk cans, and bleachers then I don't see what the big deal is. You overreact like somebody shot your best dog...maybe whiny little girl is not so far from a fair description

I'm not reacting to the "recruiting" accusation, Barb. I was merely announcing that it is ridiculous that Greeneville fans, and yes WG fans, would get so bent-out-of-shape over who plays for what and using profanity to proclaim that WG gets whipped when they play Greeneville. Who cares? My post, if you would have read instead of being so eager to get back at me, stated that both schools should have pride in what they do and who they represent. And whiny little girl? Ha, I appreciate that. There was no whining in the aforementioned post. I was completely unbiased. Had the post been intended to exacerbate any issue before then, yes, I would consider that whining. However, that is not the case and I was simply expressing my profound dissatisfaction with an adult blasting a team full of high school kids.

I'm not reacting to the "recruiting" accusation, Barb. I was merely announcing that it is ridiculous that Greeneville fans, and yes WG fans, would get so bent-out-of-shape over who plays for what and using profanity to proclaim that WG gets whipped when they play Greeneville. Who cares? My post, if you would have read instead of being so eager to get back at me, stated that both schools should have pride in what they do and who they represent. And whiny little girl? Ha, I appreciate that. There was no whining in the aforementioned post. I was completely unbiased. Had the post been intended to exacerbate any issue before then, yes, I would consider that whining. However, that is not the case and I was simply expressing my profound dissatisfaction with an adult blasting a team full of high school kids.

Funny, I don't believe he was blasting the team...just wg posters who complain about how unfair it is that Greeneville has kids from all over the county.

Funny, I don't believe he was blasting the team...just wg posters who complain about how unfair it is that Greeneville has kids from all over the county.

"Go stand on a corner with a bucket or something", this doesn't sound disrespectful? Full of degradation towards a people (West Greene High School's community)? No, for that I have no respect nor sympathy when I reply with a comment such as the original post. I don't care if you "recruit" from county schools or any of the other U.S. State or even Territories. My issue is with fans who take a simple game that is used to teach young men how to work hard, fight through adversity, take responsibility for their actions, work as a team so that everyone can achieve goals that have been set, and allow them to mature in all the right ways and they turn it into a battle of off-the-field pride. I love football, played from the time I was 5 until I graduated high school. I was all-conference and all-county twice. But, I graduated, i've matured and I understand that it taught me a lot of pivotal lessons that I use every day. There is plenty of room for pride and loyalty in this game, but when you begin to cross that line and trample a school or its community for their lack of monetary contribution to their facilities, etc. there is something that needs to be said.