Gallatin vs. Springfield

Verb58

We would not be rebuilding , if it were'nt for someone wanting to go in another direction this spring. As far as rebuilding goes , next year will be even tougher especially after the bridges get burned and the atheletes don't play. History often repeats itself and I think the SHS football family will be devided again , hope I'am wrong , but this thing could fall hard and hit bottom.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because there may be talent in the halls does not indicate that they are quality players in that they can follow the school and team rules. Discipline of the players was very lacking in the previous coach and this is a must for a program to get to the level that most would like for this program to reach. Do not blame the Administration for this situation, that should be on the previous head coach. Most do not know the entire situation and this forum nor the paper is the place to discuss what was going on. What has been written in the the local paper was enough information to indicate that a change was needed. In life people are going to face changes in leadership and if they can not modify how they conduct themselves to the new standards that are expected then they do not belong in the program. Look at any college or pro team when a change is made of the Head Coach, players leave the program because they can not meet the expectations of the new coach, that is life and people need to learn to adapt and adjust, this is what we need to learn in order to be successful in life and in sports. Give Coach Wilson time and support and I believe he will have the program back to not just winning games on the field but having players who are winners in the classroom, on the field and that we can be proud of how they behave outside of the school.

Putting Farmer at QB really threw the Wave off in the first half. That and costly turnovers. Seemed like Gallatin was always at the point of attack but could not get a good grasp on the backs. Slipped tackles and missed oppotunities at no gain put the Green Wave down 23-7 at the half. I have seen teams fold at this point. BUT not this Green Wave squad. They came out after the half and put on a clinic of smashmouth football. That was the Green Wave I know and love!! The defense was relentless the second half allowing only 1 first down and very little if any additional yardage. Offensively the Wave was a dominant unit running at times at will on the Springfield defense. Harper and Campbell both should be near 100 yards with Robb not far behind. Great effort Wave. Also had a pretty good turnout for "fair weather" fans...haha!!! If Gallatin can start early and play 4 quarters of ball then they should have a fairly strong team. Good job tonight guys!!! Big first win for Coach Williams and staff!! Classy move by Springfield with the prayer at midfield after a gut-wrenching loss.

Leon... enough of the hate. It's obvious you liked the previous coaching staff. They did some good things. It should also be obvious to you that Grimes had no choice and the "different direction" stuff is a cover story. There was something else at play, that we don't know about. Why not give Coach Wilson a chance, he is young and he will learn quickly.

So you know something?; if not, I dont want to hear this crap, if it is something that bad then they are wrong for covering it up, if he just didnt like him, he is wrong again, lose lose it seems to me. I fully support Coach Wilson and believe he will get the program back on track, but the administration is to blame for the current state of the team.....

After listening to the replay this morning, the Springfield crowd was in shock after halftime. The visitor side could be heard and was very loud at times.

This was a good win for Gallatin and hope they build off of it for the rest of the year. Young guys are starting to believe!!

I want to tell Coach Williams congrats on his first win as Gallatin's head coach. I can't ever remember a time when there was so much difference in a team from one half to the next. The first half, very little went right, and the second half, very little went wrong. I'll have to admit I was pretty down and out at haftime, but I am really proud of the coaches and players for hanging in there and coming out with such a second half force. There was also a group of painted up students sitting next to us that never gave up on their team, staying fired up from kickoff to the final horn. This win can definitely be a jump start and something to build on as the season continues on.

On another good note, the Catfish House was everything I had heard it was, with wonderful food and a lot of it. Several Wave fans made the stop, and we all give it two big thumbs up.