GREENEVILLE vs Alcoa

BillyBobby

one last word from ole BVD on this one....good luck to both sides, just a little more luck on the GREENE side. I hope good sportsmanship is displayed by both sides of the bleachers this year, as it was last year. ( to the best of my knowledge anyway) what we have here is pretty much like i said in my vid last year..." old school vs new kids on the block".......NKOTB got the win last year, can OS exact some revenge this year? We'll know in about 48 "airs"....GO DEVILS

28-27 big GREEEEEEENE

Alright....I could not stand it....Alcoa great program, great tradition and maintains their position in the same classification for years. Greeneville...played in the wrong classification for years to avoid basically the BRAC and when they finally play in the correct division, everyone is raising (**& for beating really bad teams in north east TN. Then there is the whole, gee...South, Betsy and Jeff Co. dropped Greeneville because of the TSSAA and their bizarre thought process for seeding but not considering strength of schedule. At the end of the day, we have a talented Alcoa team vs. a talented and in many ways young Greeneville team. Could be a great game and I hope for all fans that it is. With a program like Alcoa and a program like Greeneville, classification is not the issue. It is great for high school football in a state where there are way too many panzies vs. teams willing to step up and test themselves. Regardless of the score, it was a great atmosphere at Greeneville last year and I expect there will be one Friday night in Alcoa. This is great football. Signal Mtn....stop jumping in when you are "neavou" football just like your social standing in Chattanooga. High School Football comes and goes in communities...granted Maryville, Alcoa, Milan seem to have sustained longer than anyone....but at the end of the day, these are HIGH SCHOOL players, representing their COMMUNITIES and it is a great sport. Enjoy the moment before it is tainted by illegal recruiting...i.e. Signal Mtn, and Private Schools trying to act like they are innocent in the rules of recruiting...Did you guys know that Greeneville won the only state championship in 4a Football and ALL, repeat ALL other championships were won by private schools...ALCOA...CAK is there and primed to block your run to the gold ball..Friday should be a fun and exciting night for both communities...If Alcoa wins...it is 1-1...if GHS wins it is 2-0...either way, 2 programs that work hard and make high school football the greatest game! Enjoy it and be proud of the young men in these programs that have committed to working hard and giving it their all!

pretty sure it was the can, but who knows....all part of the county hate for the "city folk"....guess none of em listened when i said i didnt go to greeneville and most likely would have ended up at s.greene had mom and dad not got UNHITCHED....lol...i think it all worked out for the good though, wouldnt you agree?..HAHA

I always wanted to be a Devil when I was little like Dad.The 8th grade coach ask how many were going to SG and everyone put their hand up but me.He later tried to get me to come and play at WG for him when he moved up.I'd say you would have went to Greeneville as well,remember we moved to town anyway before you headed north.You would have been a good Devil with your mean streak brother !

where do you listen? wgrv dont have a stream anymore i dont think...or atleast my bagphone cant find it...LOL

WGRV has never had a stream compatible with my phone. This old lady listens at home on my laptop at the WGRV web site.

I get a pretty good stream and if I hook it to my Bose it's about as good as listening on the radio. Problem is, if Abbeville is playing, I have to choose which to listen to/go to. The Panthers will be way away Friday, so I will have to switch back and forth between the 2.

I am lucky to have moved from a town with back to back Tennessee state championship to one who has claimed the South Carolina state title for 2 straight years. Actually, it was one of the ol' man's criteria when we were house hunting in the upstate. I had to check out every towns football history. And for a town of only about 6000, it's darn near impossible to find a seat on Friday night. The Abbeville Panthers would make a darn good non-conference foe for the Devils and it's not near as far as Franklin County...about an hour closer. And the fans travel well.

Alright....I could not stand it....Alcoa great program, great tradition and maintains their position in the same classification for years. Greeneville...played in the wrong classification for years to avoid basically the BRAC and when they finally play in the correct division, everyone is raising (**& for beating really bad teams in north east TN. Then there is the whole, gee...South, Betsy and Jeff Co. dropped Greeneville because of the TSSAA and their bizarre thought process for seeding but not considering strength of schedule. At the end of the day, we have a talented Alcoa team vs. a talented and in many ways young Greeneville team. Could be a great game and I hope for all fans that it is. With a program like Alcoa and a program like Greeneville, classification is not the issue. It is great for high school football in a state where there are way too many panzies vs. teams willing to step up and test themselves. Regardless of the score, it was a great atmosphere at Greeneville last year and I expect there will be one Friday night in Alcoa. This is great football. Signal Mtn....stop jumping in when you are "neavou" football just like your social standing in Chattanooga. High School Football comes and goes in communities...granted Maryville, Alcoa, Milan seem to have sustained longer than anyone....but at the end of the day, these are HIGH SCHOOL players, representing their COMMUNITIES and it is a great sport. Enjoy the moment before it is tainted by illegal recruiting...i.e. Signal Mtn, and Private Schools trying to act like they are innocent in the rules of recruiting...Did you guys know that Greeneville won the only state championship in 4a Football and ALL, repeat ALL other championships were won by private schools...ALCOA...CAK is there and primed to block your run to the gold ball..Friday should be a fun and exciting night for both communities...If Alcoa wins...it is 1-1...if GHS wins it is 2-0...either way, 2 programs that work hard and make high school football the greatest game! Enjoy it and be proud of the young men in these programs that have committed to working hard and giving it their all!

Greeneville didn't play up to avoid the BRAC.

blackdiamond "...ALCOA...CAK is there and primed to block your run (Greeneville) to the gold ball.."

A little confused by this statement. Isn't Alcoa and CAK 3A, and Greeneville 4A?

I think he was talking about CAK blocking Alcoa's run.Anyway,blackdiamond had a lot of good stuff in his post.A lot of people think Greeneville never had a team before moving into the class they should have been for years.Way back when championships were voted on and there was just one class,Greeneville finished 8th in the state atleast three times and that's just one of the polls they used to go by."Litkenhous".Now you have atleast 8 state champions,and it's no shock that Greeneville has got a couple of gold balls and a silver by playing against equal competition.Alcoa and Maryville are rare and way above the normal in this state. I don't know if Greeneville or anyone else can put a better eleven on the field,but it will be fun to see them try.