Maryville vs. Heritage

Red Rebels

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Heritage team is worse than last year. Low numbers because coach won't play freshmen. Not enough coaches (only 6) to effectively teach this young team. Haven't adapted offensive scheme to take advantage of what talent they do have. Lots of turnovers and mental errors. Defense consistently gives up big plays. Really bad special teams. This will be an ugly game.W

Wow! Another Heritage Fan being negative! Imagine that! Sounds like you have all the answers! Guess you should be the next coach! LOL! Coach Hammontree is one of the best things that has ever happended to Heritage! He will get it turned around. I have no doubt! And then you wont have anything to talk about!

Wow! Another Heritage Fan being negative! Imagine that! Sounds like you have all the answers! Guess you should be the next coach! LOL! Coach Hammontree is one of the best things that has ever happended to Heritage! He will get it turned around. I have no doubt! And then you wont have anything to talk about!

Welcome to Coach T. You seem to be close to the Heritage program, could you give us an update on how things are going out there with the new coach? There hasn't been any HHS fans on here talking about things, that I am aware of. I know the season has not went well to this point, but are the fans out there excited about the new coach and what he brings to the program? I heard a couple of weeks ago that he spent a lot of his time with the younger kids, is this true?

I won't be paying any $$ to watch it.

sx ewe no ov a way two slip inn and knot pay??.....Evur cents tha taired down tha old jim when'st we wood climb inn tha bathrume winddur and come out inside tha fence...... Eye've ben haivin' two pay trippull ....one seet fer me and 2 fer momma......Beesides eye'm knott shore eye cooda greesed momma up enuff and got hur threw tha winddur ennyhow.....huh.png

This Heritage team is worse than last year. Low numbers because coach won't play freshmen. Not enough coaches (only 6) to effectively teach this young team. Haven't adapted offensive scheme to take advantage of what talent they do have. Lots of turnovers and mental errors. Defense consistently gives up big plays. Really bad special teams. This will be an ugly game.

Personally I think Coach Ham is doing a heck of a job. The numbers are low right now but that freshman class coming in is a good looking group. Why beat their brains in as freshmen and discourage them? That would be stupid! Sit back and have some patience. In 3 yrs Heritage will make the playoffs. As far as the coaches goes......I'd rather have 6 coaches on the same page than 12 going seperate ways. This group is laying a foundation for the future and that starts with discipline and hard work. Both of those are present on this team they are just unfortunately outmanned. Go Mountaineers!

It's very hard to play for a bad team. That is why I have nothing but respect for the 35 or so that are busting their tails because they love playing the game. Keep working hard and things will get better.

Hay fellers when'st Coach Campbell wint two Ray Cowntee two harr Tim two coach Mairvul's Deefence baik inn '93 we weren't two good eithur....Tim did a lott ov good thangs two bild tha foundayshun that Mairvul now haz.....thumb[1].gif

Edited by STARSNBARS

I have been to almost every Heritage game this season and the kids don't give up! They play their stinkin' tells off. Their size and depth simply just gets them beat. Coach Hammontree is doing a great job working with the younger JV and Freshman players and they have a good bunch that he plans to keep together. That is why he is keeping them seperate.Saw both the Freshman and JV manhandle SD last night. Freshman 28-6 and JV 46-12. In a couple of years he will have those younger guys working as a well oiled machine and everyone will see Heritage competing like the teams in the early 2000's. Just give it time.