Bearden vs Maryville

utvolzfan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron and Don Wright from Kingsport, Tn. Stars you ain't old enough to remember them are you? My really older brother told me about them. HAHA!! Miss those days. Tennessee Dog Whoppins, warp your head off holds.

boundur Ron wuz my herow frum baik when'st he wuz rasslin' Whitey Caldwell....and then turned intwo problee tha best rasslin manajer ov all-time.....popcorneater.gif

Based on the things I have seen so far..Bearden has as much or more talent than Maryville..however, the Rebels have superior coaching, scheme and are a lot more disciplined and make far fewer mistakes..I pull for the dogs but if we could stay within 2 scores I will be amazed. Maryville by 28. Ok Dawgs, prove me wrong! Woof Woof!

Ok, I'll respond to the ENTIRE quote by saying I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that statement (insert whatever opponent you like) during Georgie's tenure at Murvil. Goes to show the mentality of a Maryville athlete- they keep hearing it is the system, the coaches, the feeder programs that allow them to overcome this talent shortage and evidently do not let it affect their play.I would not trade the talent that has come through Maryville for any other team.

You know what, I think I will amend my original post about the "talent" being about the same because I think the Maryville folks for some reason take that as me "slighting" them a little bit. I mean at the skill positions(except kicker..edge to the Rebs) I think the Offensive line the Rebs have is their real strength..now I have no idea what year each starter is or their past performance or injury or whatever. I have seen them just twice this season and their line is what makes them go...funny how that is the case in most football games on any level. The D line edge goes to Rebs as well. The Dawgs have been pushed around especially by L City( they were above average in size though). Bearden has playmakers especially in Waters but the coaches run him at Fullback more than tailback which is a mystery to me. He scores and gets more big chunks of yards whenever he has the least bit of blocking. Robinson and Walls are good backs too but Robinson doesn't start over Walls because he fumbles too much..Walls(Marlons brother) is fast and tough but is a little small and get pounded on and dinger up a lot. I'm interested in whether the Bearden coaches actually adjust at all to what they do based on film. I never see them do much of anything different. I see Maryville do all sorts of stuff different season to season. To me, this is a between the ears game and Maryville wins that one hands down. By the way, Stars and Bars..I love me some Ron Wright " mouth of the South" you get him to the game and I will call up BlackJack Mulligan..he sent his boy to Karns and he played some with me..we can put on a Rasslin show at halftime.