Best Coaches

howdoitknow

I saw there was a topic titled "screaming coaches" that I felt really put some coaches in a negative light. It seems, way too often, that these boards are used to critcize good coaches. I am starting this topic for you all to name me the best head coaches/assistant coaches out there, across the state, today. What makes these guys good at what they do for a living?

NO COACH BASHING PLEASE!

It is hard to argue against what Alcoa has done over the past several years, they are covered up with talent year in and year out. That coupled with a great coach is hard to argue with. What about coaches who get the most out of their situation? I think we have a pretty darn good one here at SC and a good staff too.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a relatively "new comer" to the scene in Middle Tennessee. Last year was Coach Tyler Williams first season at Sycamore High School and the first year as a head coach. The year before, I think Sycamore went 3 - 7 and were pegged by most to go winless under Coach Williams for the first year. He went 6 -4 and took Sycamore back to the play offs. This year due to circumstances beyond his control he also took over the AD position and has the War Eagles at 5-2 as of this week. He is energetic, disciplined, great with the young men and has a great football history. He played for four years at UT, was a graduate assistant coach under a great coach at MTSU and an assistant coach for 2 years under a twenty year legend in Florida High School football. We will hear more from Coach Tyler Williams.

There is a relatively "new comer" to the scene in Middle Tennessee. Last year was Coach Tyler Williams first season at Sycamore High School and the first year as a head coach. The year before, I think Sycamore went 3 - 7 and were pegged by most to go winless under Coach Williams for the first year. He went 6 -4 and took Sycamore back to the play offs. This year due to circumstances beyond his control he also took over the AD position and has the War Eagles at 5-2 as of this week. He is energetic, disciplined, great with the young men and has a great football history. He played for four years at UT, was a graduate assistant coach under a great coach at MTSU and an assistant coach for 2 years under a twenty year legend in Florida High School football. We will hear more from Coach Tyler Williams.

Don't know much about Tyler as a coach, but I know he is a great guy!!! Played basketball for his Dad years ago, and I can't tell you how much respect I have for that man!!!!

Not to be a homer, but Scott Stidham at SGC has to be mentioned. It started the SGC football program 4 years ago before the highschool was even built. With only freshmen and sophmore in his first season, played a jv sheduale and rallied the entire Medina community together to build a football stadium. In his first varsity season with this group he won his first 4 games and went to the playoffs with a 6-4 record. This year, his second varsity season, 7-0 with a possibility to win out including a win over one of the states best programs (Milan) and an oppritunity to make some noise come playoff time. Not to mention the way he teaches those kids the right way and keeps a positive, christian enviorment around his program. You would never hear him boast, but someone needs to give him credit where credit is due,

Not to be a homer, but Scott Stidham at SGC has to be mentioned. It started the SGC football program 4 years ago before the highschool was even built. With only freshmen and sophmore in his first season, played a jv sheduale and rallied the entire Medina community together to build a football stadium. In his first varsity season with this group he won his first 4 games and went to the playoffs with a 6-4 record. This year, his second varsity season, 7-0 with a possibility to win out including a win over one of the states best programs (Milan) and an oppritunity to make some noise come playoff time. Not to mention the way he teaches those kids the right way and keeps a positive, christian enviorment around his program. You would never hear him boast, but someone needs to give him credit where credit is due,

I don't even know what SGC stands for, but good luck to you guys the rest of the way, and congrats on having a good man to lead your kids. The "positive, christian environment" that you mention is what really appeals to me. Good luck.