New 3A Powerhouse

Bigbadwolf

I wasn't even going to post anything on this thread but let me just say this.

Sout Gibson did in fact beat Milan, but that was a fluke, we had several

Injuries and just played like crap. Milan beat SG 52-7 last year in the playoffs

after a lackluster regular season match up.

We lost by almost that many vs CAK in the title game.

After we beat SG like a red headed orphan in the playoffs this year

Everyone will know that they are nowhere near a powerhouse and have

No clue the types of teams that Alcoa and CAK put on the football field.

There are three things that are for certain, Death, Taxes, and the above statements!!

Injuries and just played like crap. Milan beat SG 52-7 last year in the playoffs

There are three things that are for certain, Death, Taxes, and the above statements!!

milan seems to not be playing up to par for this time of season...i wouldnt be calling the L to south gibson a fluke if my team performed so poorly against haywood last week...Milan needs to turn some things around quick...

Love your enthusiasm, but you have to take it one week at a time. Don’t count out Camden. They’re a good football team and will give South Gibson a run for your money if they see eachother in the quad-final game. The 4th quad lucked up and didn’t get Fairview in their quad. Fairview is an aggressive team that will make any coaches head spin. They gave us a fight to the end. 3rd quad has to be the hardest quad this season and that’s not taking anything away from these other teams in different quads. Cheatham will have their hands full this week with Grundy. Everyone thinks Grundy is a push over, but I bet they bring the house with them and give us a good fight. Goodpasture sneaked in at 7th seed and CPA isn’t taking any chances with them. That game could go either way. Fairview @ Smith County has to be the biggest 3rd quad game in first round and that will be a dog fight down in the hole, and then if Cheatham survives Grundy they will be hosting the winner of that game. So don’t count your chickens before they hatch, but I am glad to see your pride for your school! Rise up CUBNATION!!! GO CUBS!!!

Excellent post.

I didnt want to post this cause i have a lot of respect for milans program, players and coaches, but ill say it anyway. Milan is on there way out and sgc is on there way up. Why do i say that? Well lets look at what each team has comming up. Sgc freshmen wore milan freshmen out to the tune of 58-16 and the back-up freshmen came in. How about middle school? i believe the score was something like 40-8 with medina winning, i left that one early. Now, we must take it for what it is, freshmen football is more about getting better and adjusting to highschool and most middle schools dont take middle school football as serious as medina but if you watched both games its obvious who had the better players. Now i know that some ppl move to milan highschool just for football, but i have to think sgc will get someo those too. Then there's the fact that we beat milan this year and it was no fluke. Sgc did not have a great game by any means. And trust me when i say they WANT to play milan in the playoffs. A few players told me winning the quad wouldnt feel the same if they didnt beat milan on the way to it. Im not saying sgc will win both teams get there. But i would think its pretty safe to say there wont be a repeat of last year. Either way, both schools need to take it one game at a time cause they both have some pretty good teams to beat to get there. As for the future, there are alot of question marks next year so i think we will be down, but i think a few years down the road sgc will beat milan consistantly.

I don't know who will end up where as far as the Medina players goes, but you have to admit that Gibson Cty sure produces many fine football players year after year, especially considering the size of the county!

if your talking about milan, humboldt and trenton then i'll agree 100%. south gibson and gibson county are laughable because one get's their players about 15 miles south and the other has no talent and can't win.

I didnt want to post this cause i have a lot of respect for milans program, players and coaches, but ill say it anyway. Milan is on there way out and sgc is on there way up. Why do i say that? Well lets look at what each team has comming up. Sgc freshmen wore milan freshmen out to the tune of 58-16 and the back-up freshmen came in. How about middle school? i believe the score was something like 40-8 with medina winning, i left that one early. Now, we must take it for what it is, freshmen football is more about getting better and adjusting to highschool and most middle schools dont take middle school football as serious as medina but if you watched both games its obvious who had the better players. Now i know that some ppl move to milan highschool just for football, but i have to think sgc will get someo those too. Then there's the fact that we beat milan this year and it was no fluke. Sgc did not have a great game by any means. And trust me when i say they WANT to play milan in the playoffs. A few players told me winning the quad wouldnt feel the same if they didnt beat milan on the way to it. Im not saying sgc will win both teams get there. But i would think its pretty safe to say there wont be a repeat of last year. Either way, both schools need to take it one game at a time cause they both have some pretty good teams to beat to get there. As for the future, there are alot of question marks next year so i think we will be down, but i think a few years down the road sgc will beat milan consistantly.

South Gibson will see who's on the way out come the third round. If, and I repeat IF

your team makes it that far. You should do more homework before you get

on here and Show just how low your high school football IQ is!

How many playoff games have you won? If I had a dime for every time I've heard

Milan wouldn,t get very far in the playoffs , I could buy Medina some visitor stands.

I hope in the future your post won't be CONSISTANTLY stupid.

When I played middle school football in Milan we went 1-6. When we were high school seniors, we went 13-2 and were state champs. Whats your point???

If we are really going to talk about middle school football, then how did Medina Middle do in their final game, their "Bowl Game"?