Rockwood @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the criteria. Criteria 1: Total wins. Grace, Oneida & Boyd end up with nine wins each. Criteria 2: Teams on schedule that have won 50% of games. Grace has seven teams, Oneida & Boyd have five. Grace gets first bye. Criteria 3: victories over teams that have won 50% of games. Oneida has four, Boyd has four. Oneida & Boyd remain tied. Criteria 4: victories by opponents: Oneida had 47, Boyd 41. Oneida gets second bye. Don't know if this is how TSSAA did it, but it seems right.

Yes.. but here is is where you should add Copper Basin's 7 wins to boyd for 48 and Oneida's 1 for Jellico for 48... or does the last week not count. I mean what's done is done... I just wanted to understand.

Yes.. but here is is where you should add Copper Basin's 7 wins to boyd for 48 and Oneida's 1 for Jellico for 48... or does the last week not count. I mean what's done is done... I just wanted to understand.

The wins are added up for the whole year. Copper Basin's wins were already added into the total before they even played. Here is the real issue... The was this playoff system is set up (remember it will be this way for at least 4 more years) it does not benefit you to schedule bad teams. Boyd's non conference schedule is 2-8 CCS, 3-7 East Ridge, 2-8 Howard, and 1-9 Unaka. That is a total of 8 wins for 4 opponents. That will not help you with the way the system is set up. I understand it is hard to get people on the schedule that is good, it was the same way when I was there. Bigger schools don't want to play you because its a no win and smaller schools are usually scared to play you. But Boyd has to find better than that.

The wins are added up for the whole year. Copper Basin's wins were already added into the total before they even played. Here is the real issue... The was this playoff system is set up (remember it will be this way for at least 4 more years) it does not benefit you to schedule bad teams. Boyd's non conference schedule is 2-8 CCS, 3-7 East Ridge, 2-8 Howard, and 1-9 Unaka. That is a total of 8 wins for 4 opponents. That will not help you with the way the system is set up. I understand it is hard to get people on the schedule that is good, it was the same way when I was there. Bigger schools don't want to play you because its a no win and smaller schools are usually scared to play you. But Boyd has to find better than that.

Number 1 criteria is total wins...you start playing quality instead of cupcakes..you end up like Sp and TC...because you lose more. Cupcakes is the way to go for homefield advantage for sure.

Number 1 criteria is total wins...you start playing quality instead of cupcakes..you end up like Sp and TC...because you lose more. Cupcakes is the way to go for homefield advantage for sure.

Yeah and then you won't be playoff tested and have the possibility to lose in the quarters, or semis because you have never been in the situation playing a good team and having to battle. When I was there we played a great south pitt team, goodpasture, lipscomb, baylor, ezell harding, franklin road academy and east ridge when all three where good. And when we got into the playoffs we were battle tested and made it to the championship game each year. So if this team doesn't make the championship you can look to the schedule as one reason, not the only reason, but a significant reason. And if you don't think it is championship or bust for this Boyd team you are wrong.