Sullivan South/Cleveland Playoff issue

mjuhb

One team each district each classification. You're right Charlie all are flawed and all will have complaints. I guess Im old school dont like making a playoff bigger for what to make this school or that feel good about going 5&5 and go to playoffs. Yeah let's reward mediocre performance. That's the American way. I still remember times when the regular season was make or break you knew what you had to do to go and who you had to beat. Very few tie breakers ever came into play.

I'm all for it. Remove some complexity, atleast give folks less to complain about.

We also hear alot of accusation of the TSSAA only wanting money, money, more money. Let's keep in mind that the palyoff teams do get some of this money, and eliminating classes and/or playoff games will take money away from schools as well. And I bet old Coach T doesn't mind that more fans are involved in week 11 chatter....

The first thing that needs to be done is to end this silliness of playing two playoff classifications in one regular season classification. Whether a team makes the playoffs should be decided by games between teams of the same playoff classification, and not teams of other classifications.

And total wins should be the very last tie breaking criteria. Making total wins a major factor discourages teams from playing a quality non district schedule. It keeps top teams in one classification from playing top teams in other classifications.

I'm all for it. Remove some complexity, atleast give folks less to complain about.

We also hear alot of accusation of the TSSAA only wanting money, money, more money. Let's keep in mind that the palyoff teams do get some of this money, and eliminating classes and/or playoff games will take money away from schools as well. And I bet old Coach T doesn't mind that more fans are involved in week 11 chatter....

Go ask any AD how much they net from playoff games. It is barely enough to pay expenses for both the home and road teams.

One team each district each classification. You're right Charlie all are flawed and all will have complaints. I guess Im old school dont like making a playoff bigger for what to make this school or that feel good about going 5&5 and go to playoffs. Yeah let's reward mediocre performance. That's the American way. I still remember times when the regular season was make or break you knew what you had to do to go and who you had to beat. Very few tie breakers ever came into play.

The high school game should be about the kid's experience not the fans. Think about what you are saying here. Every other high school sport puts ALL the teams into the playoffs regardless of records. That is the simple solution.

The first thing that needs to be done is to end this silliness of playing two playoff classifications in one regular season classification. Whether a team makes the playoffs should be decided by games between teams of the same playoff classification, and not teams of other classifications.

And total wins should be the very last tie breaking criteria. Making total wins a major factor discourages teams from playing a quality non district schedule. It keeps top teams in one classification from playing top teams in other classifications.

I think we share a brain.

Here is one thing every Tennessee high school fan needs to realize about this situation. Please keep this in mind: This "error" was caught within hours, not days. The T$$AA's decision to do the wrong thing in response to their error sets a precedence for all future mistakes. If they make an error next year and a Memphis team has to drive to Chattanooga or a Knoxville team has to drive somewhere in the NW corner of the state for a FIRST ROUND game, there will be nothing that can be done about it. There will be no more better examples of a more straight forward way to fix an error in the future. Think if this were your team having to travel like this. If everyone of us don't contact the TSSAA, statewide, to complain, just know you may be next and we are already down this wrong road. This needs to be reseeded TODAY or all the coaches and all the ADs need to call for the heads over the TSSAA and specifically football. Or just sit on your hands and hope this never happens to you. I don't care if the TSSAA has already made an confirmation announcement. Noone believes they have any character already. Fix this or you need to dust off that resume.

The high school game should be about the kid's experience not the fans. Think about what you are saying here. Every other high school sport puts ALL the teams into the playoffs regardless of records. That is the simple solution.

Think about what your saying every other sport plays more than one game a week or are capable of doing it. Football in its nature is a game of preparation usually takes a week to prepare and heal after one game. There's a reason why. And it Is about the kids. Helps keep them safer not playing more than one game a week. I can't imagine how many injuries there would be playing even two They need time to heal. That's why the regular season means so much.

Edited by anotherback

Think about what your saying every other sport plays more than one game a week or are capable of doing it. Football in its nature is a game of preparation usually takes a week to prepare and heal after one game. There's a reason why. And it Is about the kids. Helps keep them safer not playing more than one game a week. I can't imagine how many injuries there would be playing even two They need time to heal. That's why the regular season means so much.

Half the teams make the playoffs in the current system. You are talking about extending the season 1 week only. It's not a big deal as much as you want to suggest that it is. You are proposing cutting more kid's playoff experience out with fewer games/ weeks. I am proposing including them all and making the season 1 week longer . Don't be selfish.

I would never propose playing more than 1 game in a week as you have suggested. Where did you come up with that idea from my post?

I didn't say you did. You compared football to all other sports. I just stated facts about the game. Again it's about the nature of the game. If your really concerned about the kids seems like less games with more at risk for each games would be the way to go less chance for injuries. Usually the further you go the better teams you see and in football that can be dangerous. It's a violent game.

I didn't say you did. You compared football to all other sports. I just stated facts about the game. Again it's about the nature of the game. If your really concerned about the kids seems like less games with more at risk for each games would be the way to go less chance for injuries. Usually the further you go the better teams you see and in football that can be dangerous. It's a violent game.

I compared the football PLAYOFFS to all other sports' PLAYOFFS. It is a violent game and the kids do need recovery time and that is why only 1 game per week need be played. If folks are fussing about the quality of playoff teams in football at 5-5 why do they not fuss about bad baseball, basketball or soccer teams in the playoffs. Football kids practice harder than any other sport. Why do we cut some out of the playoff picture and a 1-6 team has nothing to play for but pride with a month to go in the season? With spring ball and off-season work outs they pay a huge price for a measly 10 games when they don't make the play offs. Extend the season 1 week and let em all in . Everyone wins, players and fans.