Sullivan South/Cleveland Playoff issue

mjuhb

I think you’re going to have mix-ups in anything,†said Tullahoma athletics director Jerry Mathis, who voted for six classes. “You could say if you’re going to play an out-of-state school, then they’re not going to figure into what we’re doing when it comes to our state playoffs.â€

“I know the staff at the TSSAA certainly tries to make sure everything is accurate, but I supported five classes (used prior to 2009) just because of that reason,†said Hillwood principal Steve Chauncy, who voted against the six-class system. “I think (TSSAA’s) Earl Nall said there are something like 4,000 pieces of data, and all that needs to be accurate.â€

Two votes here of the nine and their reasoning.....Thank You Steve for your very smart vote against this failed system.

Three classes spreads out the size of the teams too much in a lot of teams' view. They do compete in the regular season but if a team manages to make the playoffs despite the size obstacle, they're paired with teams more their size. I agree, four would be ideal if the number of playoff teams making it could be worked out.

This makes no sense. So it is ok to be paired and play with teams during regular season and then it is an obstacle in the playoffs? What? Bottom line is money and the "we all have to have a chance" attitude. T$$AA wants more teams in playoffs for that 50%. Then they let the Board vote and some members voted opposite from the overall wants of their area just to benefit their own school. cough, cough Tullahoma....Thinks that make you say hmmmmmm..

Perfectly fine for teams to CHOOSE to play up in class in regular season (to gauge your toughness, test yourself, etc.). I don't think it is fair for teams to HAVE to play up in class, and have it count for their district standing. If your playoffs are for your class, your class should determine your eligibility. As it stands now, you can be an excellent 1A, 3A or 5A team, but be stuck in a district with strong 2A, 4A and 6A schools and have no chance to be an automatic qualifier because those bigger schools will dominate the 1st and 2nd positions.

I think , after looking at the brackets, it's pretty obvious why TSSAA did not want to do the right thing and adjust the brackets to the way they should have been had Cleveland not been included instead of South. The current brackets for Quad 1 have 4 dream match-ups for cross town and interconference rivals. Tn Hi vs Boone, Mo-West vs Cherokee ,Powell vs Central , and West vs. South Doyle. Very little travel involved for those games means big crowds. Seeding South 8th in this quadrant where they belonged would have busted up every one these big gates. T$$AA do like dem bills.

This is truth IMO. These 4 games will make them much more money than any other Quad 1 combination and they know it. There was no way they were giving it up. The cost of paying South's travel expenses to Columbia was peanuts compared to giving up these 4 block busters.

crawdad eye hait hit fer tha South teem.....But mommaSTARS haid this idee on travelin, eatin, and spendin a lott ov sumbodee else's munny and she iz a xpert at hitt......

1. Leeve on Thursdee nite inn a fancee rentid buss that tham rock stars ride inn.....

2. Haiv tha teem spend tha nite at Blackburry Farm inn Wallund on tha T$$AA Amuricun Express Card.......Tha cost two spend tha nite upp thair iz higher than a cat's baick....

c. Evudodee eat a qwale agg breckfust upp thair befour ewe leeve...(Hits hi two!!)

4. Stopp down att Crossvul and let tha coaches wifes, playurs momma's, etc haiv a shoppin spree inn tha Crossvul Maul....

5. Eat yore pre gaim meel att the Rooth's Chriss thair inn Nashvul.....

eff. On tha way baik haiv tha teem stay att tha Hurmatige Hotell inn downtown Nashvul.....

gee. Stopp baik bye Crossvul on tha way baik and go two one ov tham hi dollar wineree's and bye sum ov tha hi dollar fancee cheese.....

8. Wonce ewe'uns git baick tords Knottsvul stopp att tha Turkee Creik Shoppin Centur and give tham coaches wifes, playur's mommas, and playur's sisturs tha T$$AA Veesa Card and cut 'em loose.....

eye. Then taik a littull deeture upp two Dollywould, Pidgun Forge, and Gatlenberg wif tha T$$AA Mastur Card.....

10. Rint a big ole mountun shalay fer tha teem and famlee mimburs two stay inn befour goin' hoam......

mommaSTARS haz approved this messige and eye promiss aftur this that Sullyvun South will nevur bee sent acrost tha stait and screwed agin wif tha T$$AA creddit cards!!!!.....

Edited by STARSNBARS

crawdad eye hait hit fer tha South teem.....But mommaSTARS haid this idee on travelin, eatin, and spendin a lott ov sumbodee else's munny and she iz a xpert at hitt......

1. Leeve on Thursdee nite inn a fancee rentid buss that tham rock stars ride inn.....

2. Haiv tha teem spend tha nite at Blackburry Farm inn Wallund on tha T$$AA Amuricun Express Card.......Tha cost two spend tha nite upp thair iz higher than a cat's baick....

c. Evudodee eat a qwale agg breckfust upp thair befour ewe leeve...(Hits hi two!!)

4. Stopp down att Crossvul and let tha coaches wifes, playurs momma's, etc haiv a shoppin spree inn tha Crossvul Maul....

5. Eat yore pre gaim meel att the Rooth's Chriss thair inn Nashvul.....

eff. On tha way baik haiv tha teem stay att tha Hurmatige Hotell inn downtown Nashvul.....

gee. Stopp baik bye Crossvul on tha way baik and go two one ov tham hi dollar wineree's and bye sum ov tha hi dollar fancee cheese.....

8. Wonce ewe'uns git baick tords Knottsvul stopp att ha Turkee Creik Shoppin Centur and give tham coaches wifes, playur's mommas, and playur's sisturs tha T$$AA Veesa Card and cut 'em loose.....

eye. Then taik a littull deeture upp two Dollywould, Pidgun Forge, and Gatlenberg wif tha T$$AA Mastur Card.....

10. Rint a big ole mountun shalay fer tha teem and famlee mimburs two stay inn befour goin' hoam......

mommaSTARS haz approved this messige and eye promiss aftur this that Sullyvun South will nevur bee sent acrost tha stait and screwed agin wif tha T$$AA creddit cards!!!!.....

Classic STARS post. Thanks for the travel advice. I see no problems here. I'll pass on to our A.D.

They haven't decided if they will pay for us to go to Tullahoma next week so I guess they are counting on us losing.

Ditto Stars you should come with us!!!

airstrip1 eye'll hang arouwnd hear and watch Mairvul.....Butt eye'm shore ewe'uns coud problee git my littull (referrin two age hear) cuzzins and South graduwaits, Morgie and Shorty two go on a tripp like that....Thay've learnt two eat ALLMOST az good az mommaSTARS and thair diddy sez thay cain spend tha bucks.......Whatchee thaink 'bout that crawdad??.....cool.png

This makes no sense. So it is ok to be paired and play with teams during regular season and then it is an obstacle in the playoffs? What? Bottom line is money and the "we all have to have a chance" attitude. T$$AA wants more teams in playoffs for that 50%. Then they let the Board vote and some members voted opposite from the overall wants of their area just to benefit their own school. cough, cough Tullahoma....Thinks that make you say hmmmmmm..

I didn't say it was the best way but they are paired with closer-to-their-size opponents in the postseason. If they can manage a winning record or .500 even if they're playing somewhat large regular season opponents, that can make the playoffs more than likely. I don't know how closely some wanting the return of the five-classes have looked at it, just because it went that way for some time doesn't mean it was a good system.

Our school is a member of this district and to my knowledge the schools in this area were in favor of six classes and not five. Sounds like to me that you are just trying to stir something up and know nothing at all about it. Now come on!