Meadows is out at Knoxville Catholic

ExSpartan

Catholic's schedule looks to be pretty managable. I saw on another thread, where they are playing at Anderson County next year. I know they are playing Kingston, CAK, at Alcoa and Scott County, at Hardin Valley and at Webb. I heard they are playing Morristown East, and possibly Sequoyah (but I didn't see Catholic on Sequoyah's 2013 schedule on another thread). I'm not sure about the final 2 teams. I'd like to see them keep on some of the 4AAA teams like Farragut and Bearden, but I'm sure that won't happen. Anyway, good luck in the coaching search and go Irish.

• Has Coach Meadows landed somewhere yet?

A friend of mine ran into him about this time last week, and he was still looking for a job.

Kind of surprised Catholic has taken so long to announce a new coach. I would have thought they already had his successor lined up. But, obviously, that was not the case. Now I wonder why they didn't give Meadows another year, being that they were moving down in classification. That job will be much easier for the new coach than it was for Meadows, with Catholic moving down.

@ Coach1076 I don't think that was the case. When Coach Pembeton left Coach Meadows (from my assumption) was the best candidate with really good credentials. For whatever reason it didn't work out. From what the paper says, he stepped down on his own accord. Who knows what really happened behind close doors, if you ask two people the same question you usually get two different answers. As for the candidates, its been real hush hush, with interviews being held this week.