Round 2; Oak Ridge @ Maryville

tnchad1980

Are you freaking kidding me? If he had thrown the ball earlier there would not have been a receiver there to catch it besides he was too busy trying not to get sacked. And I guess that Prevo was just lucky and it was a fluke.? How long have you been watching Maryville play football? This stuff is what they do? They make you pay for your mistakes with sound fundamental football ... OR was never in the game. Wait , if OR had done this it would be great football!

Just WOW. There is no reason to attack Ron.

Nice artycull inn twoday's Missprint on tha "Bear"...................popcorneater.gif

http://www.thedailyt...t-end-id-029522

Good article. Good luck to Logan.....I am sure with his speed and size and ability that his career will continue at a pretty good college next year. I need to get with his daddy and find out what he is feeding that kid.....the stuff I am feeding mine (from the CO-OP), is not working fast enough for my satisfaction.

Boys....nobody is looking past the 2nd Round here in Kingsport...we have had technical difficulties in recent years with that game.

BUT - 2 things - How many fans can you handle on the visitors side at the Skeeter? (is that right, Barz?) And - GO WILDCATS!!

Depending on the size of the fan and the size of their band... about 800 to 1,000. Although, some Maryville fans like to sit on the visitors side (provides a whole different perspective).

You can hear the Red Rebel Band better, and the rising crescendo of the Rebel faithful as they anticipate another touchdown. It is a pretty impressive scene! Plus you get to hear the victum's ...visitor's moans and groans of despair and frustration.

WARNING! The odds of leaving happy are not good for those sitting on this side in the play-offs. As a matter of fact, I've been in Maryville ten years and no team on that side has won in the playoffs. Not a happy place for visitors. (I think Alcoa has won one time - at the Skeeter - in the last ten years.)

If we can get past O.R., we will be happy to welcome a dramatically stronger D-B team than the one that visited a few years ago. D-B is the real deal this year. After last week, I am a believer. Go Tribe!

Our kids believe they can beat Maryville, but they are also realistic about the challenge. Alot of teams are beat before they ever get off the bus at Maryville. Our players know that they cannot turn the ball over and they have to match Maryville's near perfect execution. They know it will be hard to do,, but if they can do those two things, OR should be in the ball game. If we can't do those things, well you know what happens: Let's play some basketball! .