Stewart's Creek

Croach

Creasy. That's funny. Also at no point in the last number of years have they had 5A or 6A talent. I think maybe since you've watched maybe one game a year from the guy you cut him a little slack. If he does get the job you might give him a chance. He would be a very good coach at any level I believe. May not be an issue anyways.

Creasy. That's funny. Also at no point in the last number of years have they had 5A or 6A talent. I think maybe since you've watched maybe one game a year from the guy you cut him a little slack. If he does get the job you might give him a chance. He would be a very good coach at any level I believe. May not be an issue anyways.

JohnJohn, are you sure about this hire? I kind of thought he would wind up in Williamson County. Has Peden started at Goodpasture yet? If not, when does he start? Since this is a done deal, what's the delay?

A lot of behind the scenes stuff from those I talk to. I am not involved with the school and haven't been in a number of years but from those I talk to that are still there, look for more than just a coaching change. It was Peden's job until external issues caused the brakes to be slammed on the potential hire. Now they've got guys pulling out of consideration for the job due to uncertainties. That whole thing went from done deal to disaster in about 3 weeks.

Edited by JohnJohn

A lot of behind the scenes stuff from those I talk to. I am not involved with the school and haven't been in a number of years but from those I talk to that are still there, look for more than just a coaching change. It was Peden's job until external issues caused the brakes to be slammed on the potential hire. Now they've got guys pulling out of consideration for the job due to uncertainties. That whole thing went from done deal to disaster in about 3 weeks.

Out of all due respect, can you please stop trying to speak in code and explain? How do you know it was Peden's job? what do you mean the brakes were put on? Explain what disaster occured? More than a coaching change? Is everyone at the school going to be fired?Let's hear specifics. It;s easy to be vague so later you can cover your rear end if things don't turn out anywhere close to what you post. What do you mean guys are pulling out? What uncertainies? For what it's worth, I agree with you that I believe Martin will do a good job if he is the coach. The only issue he or any coach will have will be having patience for a new school to develop. Do you think he can handle starting a program from scratch?

David's a very good coach. I think he would do very well starting a place from scratch. No offense to the previous guy at Goodpasture but when he got there scratch wasn't that far away from what he inherited. I speak in code because I really have no reason to get anyone who spoke to me in trouble. I'm protecting my sources I guess. I expect the Goodpasture search to continue to take a while. And when it's over I'll be interested to see who's still around. There has been a lot more than the coach Martin issue going on over there for a while. They really have a long way to go I think as a school in general. Just my two cents. I apologize for the code but hope that you understand why I do it.

David's a very good coach. I think he would do very well starting a place from scratch. No offense to the previous guy at Goodpasture but when he got there scratch wasn't that far away from what he inherited. I speak in code because I really have no reason to get anyone who spoke to me in trouble. I'm protecting my sources I guess. I expect the Goodpasture search to continue to take a while. And when it's over I'll be interested to see who's still around. There has been a lot more than the coach Martin issue going on over there for a while. They really have a long way to go I think as a school in general. Just my two cents. I apologize for the code but hope that you understand why I do it.

I do understand where you are coming from, thanks for the explanation. As I said before, I believe Coach Martin will do well no matter where he lands. With that being said, it really doesn't matter who Goodpasture selects as the next head coach because we will find out soon enough if this was a good move or not by Goodpasture. I have read the blog on Martin on the 1&2A site and from what the fan base indicates, there is not much talent to work with there. I understand Goodpasture's schedule in 2013 is more difficult than in recent years past, even with moving down to 2A. Therefore, if the next coach improves on the record they had in 2012, then it was a good move. If not, you have to question the decision. Case in point, I saw CPA play basketball vs. Goodpasture this year and the game was close until the last few minutes of the 4th qtr. From talking to some Goodpasture fans at the game, they strongly said the talent is the same as 2011 for the most part, but the team is 200% better compared to 2011. Only difference is coaching. They said this team would have been run out of the gym by the 1st qtr in 2011. Lets talk in November....

John John just looked at the schedule. If Martin is truly as good as you say then I see wins against Ravenwood, LaVergne, and Summit. I'll give him some slack and say going 2-8 is expected at the least. The following year I'll add wins against Tullahoma, Gallatin, and one of Smyrna/Blackman. In year two the expectation should be 5-5. After the second year if Martin is so great as you say then SC should be competing for district championships and making runs for a state championship. SC better hope you are right otherwise LaVergne may just be glad SC opened so they are not at the bottom anymore.

John John just looked at the schedule. If Martin is truly as good as you say then I see wins against Ravenwood, LaVergne, and Summit. I'll give him some slack and say going 2-8 is expected at the least. The following year I'll add wins against Tullahoma, Gallatin, and one of Smyrna/Blackman. In year two the expectation should be 5-5. After the second year if Martin is so great as you say then SC should be competing for district championships and making runs for a state championship. SC better hope you are right otherwise LaVergne may just be glad SC opened so they are not at the bottom anymore.

It will be interesting to see how competitive they are the first year since the rising juniors and seniors at the four affected high schools (Riverdale, Blackman, Smyrna, and Lavergne) can opt to stay at their current school. I don't see a lot of upperclassmen starters for Riverdale or Blackman moving to the new school. Maybe some from the other two. They have until March 1st to make their choice so the roster will be set for spring practice.