Hunter's Lane

tnhsfbfan85

WIP is telling you the truth. Sad but true. Also How 2 , there are many schools where sports have become less important due to many reasons. Principals are graded on test scores and graduation rates and this is why coaches can not be hired,because they are not considered good teachers or unwilling to teach at a high level. Also in many metro schools money is low because of low attendance at games.

I am definitely not disagreeing with WIP. I hate the coaches have the label of being bad teachers in the classroom. I know that CF has always been a good teacher in CC. He is a Biology teacher. His students scores have always been among the highest in the district. I know that if he was allowed to bring coaches in with him then he would likely want to bring a guy who is certified in Physical Education/Business and another guy who is SPED. Now I know that Darnell teaches P.E. at HLHS so the P.E. position would not be very difficult at all to fill. That's obvious! SPED is also an area that is traditionally not too difficult to fill. That leaves the Biology. Would HL be willing to hire a head football coach who teaches a core subject?

I am definitely not disagreeing with WIP. I hate the coaches have the label of being bad teachers in the classroom. I know that CF has always been a good teacher in CC. He is a Biology teacher. His students scores have always been among the highest in the district. I know that if he was allowed to bring coaches in with him then he would likely want to bring a guy who is certified in Physical Education/Business and another guy who is SPED. Now I know that Darnell teaches P.E. at HLHS so the P.E. position would not be very difficult at all to fill. That's obvious! SPED is also an area that is traditionally not too difficult to fill. That leaves the Biology. Would HL be willing to hire a head football coach who teaches a core subject?

I not even sure that darnell will not still not be a teacher there. he just is not coaching,he did not lose his teaching job. I still do not think you understand that he will not be able to get those other teaching spots. As for hiring a core teacher for the head coach,I can only say she let a head basketball coach go for another teacher in same field.Coaching had nothing to do with being retained.

Again, if he doesn't then he will not accept the position. That just depends on how badly HL wants to win.

I wish they would,but I just do not see that happening. I am not even sure they have any openings and I have never known metro to create openings when there are not any. Winning has nothing to do with it. Not at the expense of doing the things the way you have mentioned. Edited by runtheball

Has Finley applied for other metro jobs in the past and what happened with that if he did.

He was the head football coach at TPS in 2000. The only coach from Cheatham County that I have known to apply for a job in Metro was Coach Gary Halstead who applied for the Pearl-Cohn job when Brunetti landed it and he later applied for the East Lit. job when Wilson got it. Brunetti was once an assistant at Cheatham County but he had been an assistant at PC for 5 years when he got the head coaching job in '06.

How 2 ...you better listen to WIP and runtheball and tell CF to look elsewhere. I would tell him there are much better opportunties in the high school coaching world than HL.

Heck, the Ravenwood job is open if he likes to teach so much and I've heard another job in Williamson is coming open. Heck, they say Lebanon is open with a brand new school, football field and field house.

I grew up and have spend my whole life in Nashville, but would not recommend CF teaching or coaching in the Metro Nashville School system at this time.

How is it that these three are at the top? I dont necessarily disagree but I could make an argument against all of them. Hillsboro new to district next year and I cannot automatically put them on top. They lost to Overton in the jamboree (I know the excuse that they played mt. juliet the day before), but they did beat Antioch in the playoffs so maybe. Antioch lost to Overton and Cane Ridge and Hillsboro yet they are top three????? Cane Ridge finally had a little success and they automatically get on top. Don't think so. They are like 9-31 the last four years. On top because of one year of what may have been luck. Ok.

In all honesty Im just messing with you but hopefully you get my point. I think the top three will be Hillsboro, Antioch, and Overton. Cane Ridge did not impress me this year. They had some good wins but I want to see it more than once to be impressed.

I see Antioch. Cane Ridge, and Hillsboro being at the top almost by a process of elimination. Glencliff, Hillwood, and McGavock has never had, nor do they seem to care about having, any football tradition. Overton could be in the mix. But they seem to care far more about their band than the football team. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that student go out of zone just to play in the Overton band.

Now being a top team in a district doesn't automatically make one a title contender. Hillsboro is the only team in the district with any pedigree. 5A is tough. And I think one of the reasons that it's so tough for Metro teams to make a good run is that so many good kids seek to go to one of the many private schools in the area. But that's another topic.

How 2 ...you better listen to WIP and runtheball and tell CF to look elsewhere. I would tell him there are much better opportunties in the high school coaching world than HL.

You know how difficult it is for coaches to have success in CC. He has done all he can do in CC and jumped through every hoop possible just to stay on any type of "level ground". In the end however those in power have made it impossible for anyone to succeed here because they are clueless. This has been the case since 2004.

You know how difficult it is for coaches to have success in CC. He has done all he can do in CC and jumped through every hoop possible just to stay on any type of "level ground". In the end however those in power have made it impossible for anyone to succeed here because they are clueless. This has been the case since 2004.

Heard "Raiders" of the Lost Ark might be a destination and if that's the case the cupboard is full.

I agree 1000% Sad but True