Hunter's Lane

tnhsfbfan85

yes he is very good and deserves much better than HL. they would be very lucky to get him. there are better jobs that will be available if not now but later and he would be better off to wait.

He does deserve a chance to be in a better situation. All of the coaches in Cheatham County do in my opinion. Metro is a better situation in my opinion. Ask Tony Brunetti at PC has Metro been better for him. I assure you he would say yes. Finley would be within a good driving distance from his home and would make more money. He would not have to put up with idiots like he has with LS, DW, DP, TW, and now SC in Cheatham County. If Hunters Lane would allow him to bring 2-3 coaches with him then they'd be a winner right away. I would bet anyone on here this.

He does deserve a chance to be in a better situation. All of the coaches in Cheatham County do in my opinion. Metro is a better situation in my opinion. Ask Tony Brunetti at PC has Metro been better for him. I assure you he would say yes. Finley would be within a good driving distance from his home and would make more money. He would not have to put up with idiots like he has with LS, DW, DP, TW, and now SC in Cheatham County. If Hunters Lane would allow him to bring 2-3 coaches with him then they'd be a winner right away. I would bet anyone on here this.

The grass is greener for a reason,but if he thinks it is better then he should go for it. I do not think anyone will be able to bring any assistants with them. Therein lies a big problem. Edited by fb247

She made a choice to change coaches this time. HL is 0-20 the last 2 years. Maybe she will view football somewhat differently this time and give the next coach a little bit of help. I don't believe 2-3 assistants is asking for a whole lot.

you would think that would be so,but it will not happen.

She will not give assistants and there are things preventing even supportive principals from helping getting teacher/coaches in from the outside...not impossible but a ton of hoops that shouldn't exist.

If he is used to lack of support than HL will be no different unless there's an unforeseen administration change. Cheatem is a better job than HL hands down. Unfortunately HL is only a good job if you get assistants, left alone, time, support, and can deal with the school day in what has become one of the rougher metro schools. Only one of those is under control of the coach but best of luck.

I don't know about right away. With Antioch and Cane Ridge establishing themselves, and Hillsboro perhaps re-establishing themselves, it may be a few years before they're even at the top of the district. Scoring wins over Hillwood, Glencliff, McGavock, or Overton is better than no wins at all, but it's not really saying much.

As a side note, I never understood why McGavock, one of the largest high schools in the state, has never been a power in football or basketball power even at the Metro level.

Edited by midtnmale

I don't know about right away. With Antioch and Cane Ridge establishing themselves, and Hillsboro perhaps re-establishing themselves, it may be a few years before they're even at the top of the district. Scoring wins over Hillwood, Glencliff, McGavock, or Overton is better than no wins at all, but it's not really saying much.

As a side note, I never understood why McGavock, one of the largest high schools in the state, has never been a power in football or basketball power even at the Metro level.

Antioch/ Cane Ridge/ Hillsboro are the top 3 teams in the district. All 3 are on the upswing again and are going to be in great shape for the future. Definitely a 3 horse race in that district next year.

It will be a few rebuilding years before Hunters Lane will be able to compete IMO. That's especially true if they get a coach hired in time to keep their kids for moving to other schools

It's a very good district no question about it. Cane Ridge is on the rise, Hillsboro is on the road back to dominance, Antioch and Overton will always be competitive year in and year out, McGavock has turned into a playoff contender, Glencliff was just in the playoffs last year, Hillwood is much improved......Hunters Lane is, at the moment, the one football team in the district that is a "sure win" for everyone.

Antioch/ Cane Ridge/ Hillsboro are the top 3 teams in the district. All 3 are on the upswing again and are going to be in great shape for the future. Definitely a 3 horse race in that district next year.

It will be a few rebuilding years before Hunters Lane will be able to compete IMO. That's especially true if they get a coach hired in time to keep their kids for moving to other schools

How is it that these three are at the top? I dont necessarily disagree but I could make an argument against all of them. Hillsboro new to district next year and I cannot automatically put them on top. They lost to Overton in the jamboree (I know the excuse that they played mt. juliet the day before), but they did beat Antioch in the playoffs so maybe. Antioch lost to Overton and Cane Ridge and Hillsboro yet they are top three????? Cane Ridge finally had a little success and they automatically get on top. Don't think so. They are like 9-31 the last four years. On top because of one year of what may have been luck. Ok.

In all honesty Im just messing with you but hopefully you get my point. I think the top three will be Hillsboro, Antioch, and Overton. Cane Ridge did not impress me this year. They had some good wins but I want to see it more than once to be impressed.

How is it that these three are at the top? I dont necessarily disagree but I could make an argument against all of them. Hillsboro new to district next year and I cannot automatically put them on top. They lost to Overton in the jamboree (I know the excuse that they played mt. juliet the day before), but they did beat Antioch in the playoffs so maybe. Antioch lost to Overton and Cane Ridge and Hillsboro yet they are top three????? Cane Ridge finally had a little success and they automatically get on top. Don't think so. They are like 9-31 the last four years. On top because of one year of what may have been luck. Ok.

In all honesty Im just messing with you but hopefully you get my point. I think the top three will be Hillsboro, Antioch, and Overton. Cane Ridge did not impress me this year. They had some good wins but I want to see it more than once to be impressed.

Your boy could do well at HL but I hope he truly knows what he is getting into. The admin will not give him any funds. Darnell was told not to spend a dime. He had to have mouth pieces donated to him be a rep that felt sorry for him. Former coach before that was told that there were not football games on Fridays and there was not a football field or stadium. Instead there were HL sponsored activities on Fridays were people came to watch a game, listen to the band play, and watch the cheer leaders cheer for the team in the game. The kids in the building do not want to work like in years past. HL has athletes on the team yet they havent been competitive in over three years. If this is what he wants then I think he is the guy. Make sure if he wants greener grass he's willing to water, fertilize it, mow it, and more importantly make sure he's ready for all the crap he's going to walk through.

Your boy could do well at HL but I hope he truly knows what he is getting into. The admin will not give him any funds. Darnell was told not to spend a dime. He had to have mouth pieces donated to him be a rep that felt sorry for him. Former coach before that was told that there were not football games on Fridays and there was not a football field or stadium. Instead there were HL sponsored activities on Fridays were people came to watch a game, listen to the band play, and watch the cheer leaders cheer for the team in the game. The kids in the building do not want to work like in years past. HL has athletes on the team yet they havent been competitive in over three years. If this is what he wants then I think he is the guy. Make sure if he wants greener grass he's willing to water, fertilize it, mow it, and more importantly make sure he's ready for all the crap he's going to walk through.

Well I am going to tell you that if he gets an opportunity and his demands are met then he'll go to HL and he'll win. If he isn't allowed to bring in help and is given the same signals then I highly doubt he would even take the job. That is a choice that the administrator has to make. Does she want the football program to improve from its awful state or does she want to hire a babysitter to take care of the kids during the afternoons. My "boy" is far from desperate for a shot to be a head coach. He is a proven winner for over a decade at a place where winning was far from the norm prior to his reign. Darnell was an assistant in Metro who was desperate to be a head coach and would have pretty much agreed to anything to have that opportunity. There are several coaches in middle TN who fall under this category. CF will not take a job where he isn't going to get any help from the person in charge. That's exactly what he has been dealing with in CC since the fall of 2006 (Richardson's final year as principal at CCCHS was the 2005-2006 school year). The principals who have followed her have been anything but supportive of athletics. My "boy" will not go somewhere that is not going to make an attempt to win. NO WAY!!!! If Hunters Lane wants to win and wants to hire a winner then this could be a dream marriage. If not then they'll have to look elsewhere because the years of coaching in a nightmare situation are over!

Well I am going to tell you that if he gets an opportunity and his demands are met then he'll go to HL and he'll win. If he isn't allowed to bring in help and is given the same signals then I highly doubt he would even take the job. That is a choice that the administrator has to make. Does she want the football program to improve from its awful state or does she want to hire a babysitter to take care of the kids during the afternoons. My "boy" is far from desperate for a shot to be a head coach. He is a proven winner for over a decade at a place where winning was far from the norm prior to his reign. Darnell was an assistant in Metro who was desperate to be a head coach and would have pretty much agreed to anything to have that opportunity. There are several coaches in middle TN who fall under this category. CF will not take a job where he isn't going to get any help from the person in charge. That's exactly what he has been dealing with in CC since the fall of 2006 (Richardson's final year as principal at CCCHS was the 2005-2006 school year). The principals who have followed her have been anything but supportive of athletics. My "boy" will not go somewhere that is not going to make an attempt to win. NO WAY!!!! If Hunters Lane wants to win and wants to hire a winner then this could be a dream marriage. If not then they'll have to look elsewhere because the years of coaching in a nightmare situation are over!

WIP is telling you the truth. Sad but true. Also How 2 , there are many schools where sports have become less important due to many reasons. Principals are graded on test scores and graduation rates and this is why coaches can not be hired,because they are not considered good teachers or unwilling to teach at a high level. Also in many metro schools money is low because of low attendance at games. Edited by runtheball