Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Moron and grey - your a real fan... No question DB FANS will expect a victory...you don't? Why don't you pick Maryville to win???

Me and my crew will be at that famous stadium by 5 along with a few thousand others from Kingsport and we will cheer for the Indians. Are you coming to support the Tribe or not?

You can say that again!

IT IS HERE!! Maryville fans....DB has wanted this game, with the Indians having a good team, for so long....IT IS HERE!!!

Kingsport Fans respect your Program #1. #2 - Kingsport is coming to win this ballgame!!

Coach Clark wins #200 tonight, 201 will be his biggest win and it is coming next Friday Night!!

Clark has called Round I and II as close to the vest as he could, but next Friday the Rebels will see an Offense that they won't be able to keep up with.

I CAN'T WAIT

Roll Tribe Roll

I hope you are correct on that point because in my opinion the game plan from the last 2 weeks wont get er done. not to mention the defensive backfield....ughhh

IT IS HERE!! Maryville fans....DB has wanted this game, with the Indians having a good team, for so long....IT IS HERE!!!

Kingsport Fans respect your Program #1. #2 - Kingsport is coming to win this ballgame!!

Coach Clark wins #200 tonight, 201 will be his biggest win and it is coming next Friday Night!!

Clark has called Round I and II as close to the vest as he could, but next Friday the Rebels will see an Offense that they won't be able to keep up with.

I CAN'T WAIT

Roll Tribe Roll

Art,

Don't know if you are open to a word of advice or not, but I'll try. I am not actually a Maryville fan. I am a William Blount fan, so I don't have a dog in the fight. But I do follow Maryville and cheer for them every other game besides the WB game. Close friends with several of their coaching staff and youth minister to several of their players. Anyway, that's my background ... here's the advice.

Get on here and support your team. Say things like, "I believe we are really good and if we show up and play well, we can compete with Maryville." "We have had a great season and we have a good coach." "This should be a really good game." Stuff like that.

But don't say things like "201 will be his biggest win and it is coming next Friday night." Or "next Friday the Rebels will see an offense that they won't be able to keep up with." Do you have any idea how many people have got on here through the years and said stuff like this when they were getting ready to player Maryville and then have ended up looking stupid? Too numerous to count.

Why not do the sensible thing and leave the braggadocious comments out of your posts until after the game? If you somehow happen to upset the Rebels, then you can say what you wish I suppose. But if you lose, like 98.9 % of all the teams who have played Maryville have in the last 14 or so years have, you can still maintain some dignity.

Just some friendly advice, do with it what you will my friend.

Edited by GovMan

Well I'm gonna talk it up because I'm excited. If we were to lose I will take the comments just fine. But I'm gonna stay upbeat this week. Just excited to get the chance. Maryville is the best and we know it. But were coming. And we plan to win. If not I will give them the first congrats for doing what nobody else has done this year. ROLL TRIBE

Art,

Don't know if you are open to a word of advice or not, but I'll try. I am not actually a Maryville fan. I am a William Blount fan, so I don't have a dog in the fight. But I do follow Maryville and cheer for them every other game besides the WB game. Close friends with several of their coaching staff and youth minister to several of their players. Anyway, that's my background ... here's the advice.

Get on here and support your team. Say things like, "I believe we are really good and if we show up and play well, we can compete with Maryville." "We have had a great season and we have a good coach." "This should be a really good game." Stuff like that.

But don't say things like "201 will be his biggest win and it is coming next Friday night." Or "next Friday the Rebels will see an offense that they won't be able to keep up with." Do you have any idea how many people have got on here through the years and said stuff like this when they were getting ready to player Maryville and then have ended up looking stupid? Too numerous to count.

Why not do the sensible thing and leave the braggadocious comments out of your posts until after the game? If you somehow happen to upset the Rebels, then you can say what you wish I suppose. But if you lose, like 98.9 % of all the teams who have played Maryville have in the last 14 or so years have, you can still maintain some dignity.

Just some friendly advice, do with it what you will my friend.

Nah. Let them keep talking. Half our team has likely already seen it. They're unbeatable; we'll just have to give it our best shot. Ironically a week or so ago one of theirs told one of ours he couldn't wait till we "get knocked off of our pedastal".