Vol74

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FactCheck:

1 Hey Gerry! He came back!

2 FactsOnly lacks knowledge less than HighLife, at least

3 HighLife often does "call people out on here", but more often just tries to appear to, at least, lack knowledge less

4 HighLife, while a prolific poster and renowned CoachT historian, is a rookie

While the post referenced is not the dumbest post in CoachT history, FactsOnly is the proud owner of 4 of the top 7 dumbest posts in CoachT history. And to be fair, FactsOnly is also the proud owner of ALL intelligent CoachT posts.

I just call em like I see em. You were the one that stated the following:

Jalen Hurd should be insulted to be compared to reeves maybin

That jalen Hurd would start at UT as a high school junior

That there are 2-3 players every year in every district in Tennessee that stand out like reeves maybin

I have no dog in this fight but those 3 comments alone show a lot about your knowledge. And the fact that you haven't came and admitted your error in underrating a great high school player in reeves maybin only adds fuel to the fire for me.

Beech won the game because they have a better TEAM. FACT

I dare say that reeves maybin was the best PLAYER on the field last night. FACT

FactsOnly is an idiot- FACT

I just call em like I see em. You were the one that stated the following:

Jalen Hurd should be insulted to be compared to reeves maybin

That jalen Hurd would start at UT as a high school junior

That there are 2-3 players every year in every district in Tennessee that stand out like reeves maybin

I have no dog in this fight but those 3 comments alone show a lot about your knowledge. And the fact that you haven't came and admitted your error in underrating a great high school player in reeves maybin only adds fuel to the fire for me.

Beech won the game because they have a better TEAM. FACT

I dare say that reeves maybin was the best PLAYER on the field last night. FACT

FactsOnly is an idiot- FACT

Be nice with the name-calling; it's really unnecessary.

"Facts" has a reason to believe what he does because one of only times that he saw Hurd play was against HC and his record breaking performance.

JRM is a phenomenal athlete, and no one is disputing that. Everyone was very impressed with him last night, and we all wish him well at UT. Our defense didn't tackle him like they should have on several plays, and he took advantage of that (any great back will). I dare to say that If Hurd had of played both ways though, JRM would not have had the numbers that he did. He has way too much power and speed. And remember, JRM had an opportunity to win the game, but it was Hurd that came down with the ball in the end zone.

I would put Hurd one on one with anyone in the state/country, and am very anxious to see what he's capable if next year as a senior!

Congrats to the Bucs on playing a tremendous game and to all of the great playmakers last night! It was a well-orchestrated team effort!

I dare to say that If Hurd had of played both ways though, JRM would not have had the numbers that he did.

You can make that assumption but we will never know will we. Why didn't he play both ways? JRM did. You would think you would have your best 11 on the field in the quarterfinals. It almost cost Beech.

Why do people continually put down JRM? You act like Hurd is untouchable and comparing anybody to him is blasphemy. JRM was the best player on the field last night.

You can make that assumption but we will never know will we. Why didn't he play both ways? JRM did. You would think you would have your best 11 on the field in the quarterfinals. It almost cost Beech.

Why do people continually put down JRM? You act like Hurd is untouchable and comparing anybody to him is blasphemy. JRM was the best player on the field last night.

Careful Gerry. Facts will come here and state something about Hurd being the greatest player playing football in the world today.

The fact is the maybin played the entire game on offense and defense and was unstoppable on O. Hurd doesn't play on D so you never know if he would be able to take the pounding on D and still get his 25-30 touches on O and still be effective.

Hurd had 178 yards against Hillsboro and 175 on northeast. I think that's about the best you can do against him considering the 25 plus rushes he will get simply because he is that good..

Maybin was the best player on the field last night though hands down and if anyone says otherwise then they couldn't have seen the game

Hurd is just as effective on defense, and that is why some of the top teams in the nation (not the state) are recruiting him on that side of the ball. As to why his coach doesn't play him both ways, I don't know. I would suppose that it is because he too has a torn labrum and will more than likely have surgery post season. We've had very effective young men playing great defense all year, so why yank them from their positions? And when Hurd did go in on defense, well, you saw what he did. He's had game-winning interceptions on multiple occasions. He does it at will.

I think people get excited about Hurd because of what he is doing at 16 years old. JRM is headed to college and will most certainly make a huge impact wherever he plays at UT. Hurd will be suiting up again next year playing high school football though.

Both backs had great games, and the Beech Bucs are headed to the semifinals.

Edited by Vol74

Beech made the biggest plays at the biggest times, which is why they won. They proved to be the better team, but after watching what I did last night, the gap between Hurd and Maybin is not nearly as big as I thought it was.

Keep in mind, Reeves-Maybin's shoulder was still not healthy by any stretch, that's why he only threw the ball ONE TIME the entire game.

And if you'll notice, Northeast had to bring in another quarterback on the final drive who could throw, because Maybin's shoulder wouldn't let him. Maybe the game turns out different if that isn't the case. Who knows?

None the less, it was a great game to watch. A treat for any football fan. And hopefully the game next week in Jackson will be the same way, because I'll be at that one.

Actually Maybin completed all 3 of his pass attempts. #20 came in to give NE more speed at the wideout with Maybin playing the slot. I was at the game and Maybin was by far the fastest guy on the field. Not saying Hurd wasn't good but as of right now Maybin broke several long runs and could not be caught. Hurd had one run over 25 yards but several over 10. It is all irrelevant though. Beech has a very good team and that was a total team effort last night. Alec Meadows was very good in the game and I thought the big fullback had some nice runs. Another big boost is Dorian Carter. He is a very good back that they trust to let Hurd rest some. Jackson Northside will have their hands full next week.

Actually Maybin completed all 3 of his pass attempts. #20 came in to give NE more speed at the wideout with Maybin playing the slot. I was at the game and Maybin was by far the fastest guy on the field. Not saying Hurd wasn't good but as of right now Maybin broke several long runs and could not be caught. Hurd had one run over 25 yards but several over 10. It is all irrelevant though. Beech has a very good team and that was a total team effort last night. Alec Meadows was very good in the game and I thought the big fullback had some nice runs. Another big boost is Dorian Carter. He is a very good back that they trust to let Hurd rest some. Jackson Northside will have their hands full next week.

Whoever did the commentary was painting a very different picture about why that was the case. When were his other two passing attempts? I only saw one, a 16 yard competion on a 2nd and 21. My stream didn't pick up until after both teams had already scored once, and it kept cutting in and out.

One was on the sidelines after getting flushed when they were deep in their own territory and it resulted in a 1st down. I believe that is the one you were referring too. One was to #6 right after the same #6 was hit in the backfield and lost the handle on the ball. Maybin on the next play hit him over the middle for a 1st down. He completed another one down the homefield sideline. I think it was to #18. He had 3 completetions though. I would say for about 75 yards.

Whoever did the commentary was painting a very different picture about why that was the case. When were his other two passing attempts? I only saw one, a 16 yard competion on a 2nd and 21. My stream didn't pick up until after both teams had already scored once, and it kept cutting in and out.

I dont know if it had anything to do w/ the last drive but Reeves-Maybin did have a shoulder injury that was still bothering him.....

Facts:

1 HighLife gets inexplicably upset at anyone else's suggestion that Beech's Jalen Hurd is better than NorthEAst's Jalen Reeves-Maybin and calls the stater idiot, dumb, etc

2 I wish Jalen Hurd was not better than JRM because Henry County has to deal with him again next year, but he is

3 A healthy Jalen Hurd playing both sides of the ball gives Beech a 4 touchdown win over NorthEAst

4 Henry County scored as many TDs against Beech as did NorthEAst

5 Jalen Hurd rushed for twice as many yards against Henry County as did Reeves-Maybin

6 I have no idea what is the significance of Facts 5 and 6, but someone will

7 We in Henry County wanted very badly to meet NorthEAst again in the playoffs . . . that one will be ugly next year and would have been this year

8 HighLife, in an earlier post, said he wasn't attacking me personally. FactsOnly feels personally attacked when called an idiot

9 FactsOnly is willing, however, to call a truce with HighLife based my agreement with his statement that 'Hurd is an overall better football player than Reeves-Maybin'

Edited by FactsOnly