Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Conner York was in the game in the 4th against Gordonsville and scored the td that put them over the 50 mark. That's running it up and Gordonsville is not in the region so there was no payback for previous years. Moose is a class act and did not deserve that. Keep that in mind come next year, I'm sure he will ;)

That is correct, and I guarantee if the situation had been reversed Moose and GHS would have had more class. York and all starters were still in with about a third of the way through the 4th. Against Monterey, York and all starters were in with them up 42-8. They score and Upperman elects to go for two. After that the seconds went in, but there was no need to go for two at that point.

And keep in mind, No way UHS is even close to as good this next year as they are this year. DC, LA, YI, and MC will all be improved next season. But,the Stanton kid looked good as a backup qb and is back. The rb thats has like 475 yards in 3 games is a soph. And in the program is listed the 340 pound noise gaurd as just a soph. The Withers kid at left tackle listed as 6'6,250 is listed as a jr. They will not be as good, but no more 1-9 Upperman in the future under current staff. Specially with the big jr high being built on campus and the big additions being added to the school to rezone more Cookeville kids to go to Baxter schools.

I didn't see any 340 nose guard Friday night. Also didn't see any 6'6 guys. They were big but definitely not that big.

I didn't see any 340 nose guard Friday night. Also didn't see any 6'6 guys. They were big but definitely not that big.

You were setting so far away they looked smaller than they were. It's easy to overlook a 340 lb player.

So I've been reading all this for a few weeks... First SERIOUSLY?? I can't believe some of the stuff I have read.. These are young men who work hard during the season and off season no matter what team you are for we should all be respectful of these young men..yes some in this district might be down this year and then to have Upperman have a strong team and have some success to only have people say negative things is really cruel.. I can remember a time when SC wasn't very good at all then Rankin came in and turned that program around.. Seems to me maybe that's what's happened at Upperman.. And yes from what I have read Upperman will loose a lot of seniors next year.. But this is this year.. We are still in the beginning of the season...I wish everyone a successful season.. And to all the young men busting their butts everyday for their team, their school an their community may you all have success, stay heathy and most of all don't let the crap you read on here bother you.. Most of us are just trying to relive our past through all of your Friday Night games...

• Upvote 1

Really? Because I saw Todd Stanton playing QB in that game. Don't know if the JV ever scored but they did play. Maybe they were scared Gordonsville was going to make a last minute comeback since their players had spent weeks tweeting about how they were going to kill Upperman and it wouldn't even be a challenge for them. Upperman loses everyone this year, so I'm sure Gordonsville will repay the favor next year.

The JV only scored the last TD against Gville.

York scored the TD to push them over 50, and their starting RB ran the ball inside the 10 to set up the score.

I don't mind, but the mercy rule was in effect at that point, and what goes around comes around.

I'm glad Upperman is improved, but be careful I have a feeling Upperman will be bad again.

Besides, I just don't think it's smart football leaving your starters in at that point and risking injury or depriving the second teamers with valuable reps. Injuries could happen any time.

It seems to me they're trying to pad stats.

Like I said, I don't mind, but you have to look at the consequences.