Covington vs. Fulton (This Wheeler man against this Black man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was at the game tonight #1 is very quick. I was not very impressed with #5's speed good player not extremely fast.

White ran a 80 yard TD run on the first play from scrimmage for Covington. He blew past the entire secondary. If you werent impressed with him it was because you were trying not to be. He also had 2 picks and a fumble recovery. Both of them (1 and 5) are fast.

Edited by fsunoles1623

Too funny. There are no 4.4 guys on the field in the NFL much less a lineman. Ok, I'll call Fulton and tell them not to come.... :roflol:

I wouldn't over-exaggerate saying this.... Covington is seriously one of the fastest TEAMS I've ever seen. Not only is it the Johnston boy and Carlos Williams, but the team overall is just so quick. And yes, I'm pretty sure Williams and White are pushing a 4.4-4.5 40. Not that a 40 yard dash will make a difference in a state championship, but if Knox Fulton matches Covington's speed, I'll be surprised.... and yes, I know what kind of athletes Fulton usually produces.

One thing is for sure...If all the Covington haters have a tailgate party in Cookeville there will be a large party before the game :huh: not sure if they will have much to cheer about after the game though. I'm sure the haters will have an excuse even if they Covington beats Fulton 40-0. Weird thing though..It's not Fulton's fans making all the excuses....it's everyone elses

Laugh and laugh some more, but to be completely honest there are plenty of guys that run faster than a 4.6. Im being 100% truthful when I say Williams runs a 4.4 and White runs a 4.5. There's no inflation in there whatsoever. You can check the boards, every team Covington has faced if have gotten the same reaction as I have from you before the game, and after every game I'm proven right.

Chris Johnson of the Titans runs the 40 in 4.24 seconds...just say'n.I'm not convinced that the fastest team(whomever that is)automaticly wins...or why it's so important.Covington has a very good team,so does Fulton...other than speed,why is one better than the other?

Totally agree, football is much more than speed. And I don't think it has been so much of a significant factor in Covington's success. #5 Johnston White again was the best high school football player on the field. He's not big (by any standard) and not exceptionally fast. He has been caught form behind probably a dozen or more times this season. However he is, as complete of a high school or back yard football player you'll find (Tough, headdy, elusive, hard nosed and has enough(adequate speed to make him effective).

As for the Liberty-Covington game, Liberty had better personel, however no evidence of coaching. They were bigger(much) just as fast and their QB was exceptional(great arm), however all they did were line up 4 wide everybody (take off, verticals,fly,go)(whatever terminology you are familiar with) and chunk it. Only problem and to Covnigton's advantage was they were playing 2 deep safeties which also happens to be their two best players. They were just throwing it up for grabs & more often than not one of these two were coming down with it for the interception or to knock it away. In most typical high school games you can get by with this especially if you have the personel(which they Liberty does) If they do it 10 times or more a game they'll complete 50% or more and several will go for TD's. This however will not work when playing a team with it's best two(the caliber of #5 & #1 White & Williams) playing deep coverage. It's sad when you see teams with such talent as Liberty & Trezevant alike but absolutly no coaching( scheme or Individual position wise). They can win most of their games just as a result of having better players, however it'll be a different story when playing equally or more talented teams

Laugh and laugh some more, but to be completely honest there are plenty of guys that run faster than a 4.6. Im being 100% truthful when I say Williams runs a 4.4 and White runs a 4.5. There's no inflation in there whatsoever. You can check the boards, every team Covington has faced if have gotten the same reaction as I have from you before the game, and after every game I'm proven right.

like I said fsunoles Fulton is on cloud nine since they beat Giles county!!

One thing is for sure...If all the Covington haters have a tailgate party in Cookeville there will be a large party before the game :huh: not sure if they will have much to cheer about after the game though. I'm sure the haters will have an excuse even if they Covington beats Fulton 40-0. Weird thing though..It's not Fulton's fans making all the excuses....it's everyone elses

Their at home..... bored..... nothing exciting to do now that football season is over!!!

Once again I'm going to say this, and I'm sure people will say I'm wrong but I promise you I'm not. Covington will have the fastest 2 guys on the field. Maybe Fulton can show they have have great team speed. But I can guarentee that they will not have 2 guys faster than Williams (#1) and White (#5). The line for Covington is also pretty quick as well.

East Tn is a diff brand of football, youll see just like Giles co and wiseoldmangiles did as well.