MHS-Whitehaven : a question

notredame66

I am more upset about the defensive play call to defend the 2. Imo it was obvious they were going to bounce it outside and yet maryville did nothing to stop that. I think they should have crashed both corners to try to stop the conversion, but instead they played the middle and got burnt on the edge like they had most of the game.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a better question for you. Why didn't Whitehaven spike the ball with the clock running down at the ten yard line and attempt a field goal that would have negated the need for an overtime rather than trying to run it in from the ten when they only had time for one play? Their kicker seemed to have the leg. I think you kick on that first possession in overtime; if you go for two and miss Whitehaven kicks pat for the win and has no pressure in having to go for two. The refs were clueless the entire game both ways. Just so happened once it took the winning points off the board for us. We missed opprotunities though. The fumble inside the five that would have put us 14-0 was a killer. And before you say it ND no whinning here, it happens. We have been in 6A four years and have two gold balls and two silver I will take that. BTW Whitehaven (at least some of them) blamed the refs last year when they lost by 16. We'll be back. We always are, right?

I agree that the coin flip decided wheather Quarles goes for two...make it and Whitehaven can still match...miss and the game is essentially over.If it would've guaranteed the win,I'd bet that they try for two.

I really liked the Maryville two point play. Worked beautifully except for the penalty.

and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

That was a thing of beauty!Not trying to make a big deal of it now...the call was inaccurate.Read the rule and linemen pass blocking are allowed a three yard margin from the line of scrimmage.I then watched the replay...#50 was on the one when the pass was caught,LOS was the three...games over,Whitehaven did what they had to do to win,and I'm glad for the kids and community...respect da Haven...absolutely!!!

You know it amazes me to read some of these posts. First, officiating-bad or good-is a part of the game. I was always taught playing football that you need to take the officials out of the game by being ahead by enough where a bad call doesn't affect the outcome. When the game is close, you live with the consequences.

Also, I thought this was a high school football blog? Whether ND has a chance or not against Alabama has no bearing on the discussion. All you ND haters out there can't stand that they have there own TV network and do not need to be in a conference. But, regardless, they are 12-0, they beat the Pac-12 champion, the Big 12 co-champion and 10 teams who are bowl eligible. No MTSU, or Louisiana Lafayette's on their schedule. In fact, they are the only FBS ranked team not to play an FCS team. You wanted Alabama to play ND-be careful what you wish for!

Congratulations to Maryville for a great season and to Whitehaven the 6A champs!

Whitehaven are the State Champs and Alabama will be playing for the National Title!

Boy did I have a great Night!

ROLL TIDE ROLL...

AND

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Happy you guys won the title but I guess I should have known, another Bama backer (too many for my taste), I know I know, you have liked them since you were 2yrs old..... :rolleyes:

You know it amazes me to read some of these posts. First, officiating-bad or good-is a part of the game. I was always taught playing football that you need to take the officials out of the game by being ahead by enough where a bad call doesn't affect the outcome. When the game is close, you live with the consequences.

Also, I thought this was a high school football blog? Whether ND has a chance or not against Alabama has no bearing on the discussion. All you ND haters out there can't stand that they have there own TV network and do not need to be in a conference. But, regardless, they are 12-0, they beat the Pac-12 champion, the Big 12 co-champion and 10 teams who are bowl eligible. No MTSU, or Louisiana Lafayette's on their schedule. In fact, they are the only FBS ranked team not to play an FCS team. You wanted Alabama to play ND-be careful what you wish for!

Congratulations to Maryville for a great season and to Whitehaven the 6A champs!

Don't forget largest fan base in America, scores highest TV ratings and they are back