Top 6A teams for 2013

BKisler

That being said ... we are locked and loaded for the 2013-2014 season. We are at the stage now at Whitehaven where we DON'T rebuild ... we RELOAD. We have the current State Champion Freshman AND JV teams at Whitehaven to go along with the current 6A State Champion varsity team. Whitehaven isn't a flash in the pan football program that arrived with all of the talent in the world and no coaching. Yes, we have talent and we will continue to have talent as long as coach Saulsberry is the head coach at Whitehaven. (In fact I will go as far as say this. Maryvile has the coach with the best play calling and trick play development I've seen. Whitehaven has the best coach in talent development that I have seen) Do we have another MD in the wings currently? Well, that remains to be seen. MD has been a starter since his sophomore year. We have plenty of talent at the RB position waiting their turn to shine. This is the beginning of something BIG at Whitehevan. The state title won in 2012 is the FIRST of more to come. I've known this since I've personally witnessed the rise of the program some 7 years ago. Whitehaven will consistantly be in the hunt ... year in and year out. Don't be surprised if you see Whitehaven there next year, because I won't.

Talk to you later ... oh wise one.

I've always thought of you as the rational Whitehaven fan and the other guy as the Loony toon , after these statements I gotta say you're closing the Gap on the Senator ... lol ....

When did Tenn start having Freshman and JV State Championship games ? I guess news travels a lot slower over here on the East side , we would of had our Freshman and JV teams playing too if we had known about this ...

So Coach Quarles is a one trick pony in your mind ... great " Trick Play Coach " ... wow ... We're not worthy .. we're not worthy .. :mrgreen:

God bless, you guys must be “on it†like the Purple Ribbon All Stars... Guess that explains why I kept thinking that one of Whitehaven's coach looked like my "guy" I had back in college. Saying that the HC is the best talent developer in the state is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. If he was so great, they should have WAXED Maryville. The reality is this, no metro school be it Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, wherever will ever have the dynasty run Maryville has been on the last 15 years. There are too many schools in metro areas to compete for the top talent in their respective area & kids move around much more than they do in the smaller counties.

I'm not taking anything away from this year's WH team, but c'mon dude... Everyone in the state except you two agree that Maryville was robbed, but at least act like you've been there before. It's obvious you two guys never won a championship in your lives b/c that's all you talk about. Even worse is that you didn't even play in the game.

Maryville could of stopped our 2 point conversion in OT. How were they robbed? I could keep talking about a play here or there that the refs clearly gave Maryville the benefit of the doubt... (The running into the kicker play comes to mind. The refs pretty much hand wrapped a TD for Maryville.) How about we talk about the 4 TOs yall had as well as the 318 rushing yards and 5 TDs that Mark Jr. had. Robbed?!??! Man please!

10 State Championships, 4 Runner Ups, Semi-finals, and Quarter-finals in the last 16 years

vs.

State champ and State runner up the last 2 years

Whitehaven has had more Division 1/1AA talent in those two years than almost the entire 16 years of winning for Maryville. I would say getting average athletes to win consistantly is developing talent, rather than having a couple of classes of studs.

10 State Championships, 4 Runner Ups, Semi-finals, and Quarter-finals in the last 16 years

vs.

State champ and State runner up the last 2 years

Whitehaven has had more Division 1/1AA talent in those two years than almost the entire 16 years of winning for Maryville. I would say getting average athletes to win consistantly is developing talent, rather than having a couple of classes of studs.

I disagree. All that shows is the Caliber of competition is not what you people think it is on that side of the state.

I disagree. All that shows is the Caliber of competition is not what you people think it is on that side of the state.

Then why is Melrose not any good anymore? Maryville use to beat them too after playing weak competition all year. Why hasn't Whitehaven put together a run like this? They are obviously very good at turning 4.5 40's into 4.4 40's, that's all coaching.

Who are the powerhouse teams that you play?

Edited by qb#7

Then why is Melrose not any good anymore? Maryville use to beat them too after playing weak competition all year. Why hasn't Whitehaven put together a run like this? They are obviously very good at turning 4.5 40's into 4.4 40's, that's all coaching.

Who are the powerhouse teams that you play?

Melrose isn't what they used to be due to the socioeconomics of Memphis(I don't want to go into it too much but I will later) ... It's something that Blount Co. and Maryville people don't have to deal with. As far as Whitehaven is concerned I said it once and I'll say it again. 1 starts 1 Million. Maryville, Riverdale, South Panola, etc ALL had to get ONE first...

We Play Maryville... That is the known Power house we played last year, and we won :rolleyes:

Who's the known Powerhouse that Maryville Plays??? Alcoa and...

Schedule means what again? We won EVERY game we played this season.

I've always thought of you as the rational Whitehaven fan and the other guy as the Loony toon , after these statements I gotta say you're closing the Gap on the Senator ... lol ....

When did Tenn start having Freshman and JV State Championship games ? I guess news travels a lot slower over here on the East side , we would of had our Freshman and JV teams playing too if we had known about this ...

So Coach Quarles is a one trick pony in your mind ... great " Trick Play Coach " ... wow ... We're not worthy .. we're not worthy .. :mrgreen:

Pepvol:

There are different types of state championships for freshman and JV teams and Whitehaven has been involved in them for a while now. It's not talked about much but I'm not making this up. I don't know why a lot of folks haven't heard about this but it does exist. I learned about it from 'dannyq' posting that information on this board several times throughout the year. I don't know exactly how it is done, but yes ... Whitehaven and other schools are heavily involved. I have no idea why Maryville nor any other high school in Tennessee isn't.

LOL ... I never said coach Quarles is a one trick pony ... don't twist my words ... well ... twist all you like. You don't go 192-13 being a one trick pony. My goodness Pep ... you've got the best coaching staff in the State of Tennessee based upon wins/losses and you are highlighting my statement of your coaches ability to create and have plays executed as if I slighted the man and the staff at Maryville?

Oh well.

Edited by kwc

KWC, Mt Juliet looks for another shot at your Tigers to see who goes to Cookeville. The Bears were close last year in what was a great game. Every one will be over looking MJ once again; but MJ will be there in 2013.

BKisler:

Mt. Juliet has our full attention, trust me. Your team came to Whitehaven and gave us a really good game. Your coaching staff has that program headed in the right direction not doubt about that. Man, there are quite a few schools from the west side of the state that are going to be contenders for quite a while, provided the coaching staff's stay together.

Honestly, the team that I was most worried about last year before the playoffs got started was our fellow Distrct 16 member, White Station. I honestly breathed a sigh of relief when they were eliminated from making it into the playoffs. They were NOT what their record showed. Not by a longshot. That was a POWERHOUSE of a team. Too bad their season turned for the worse the way that it did. They will be locked and loaded come 2013.

Oh no ... Mt. Juliet has our respect ... you don't make it to the semi-finals two years in a row wihthout doing something right.