District 3AAA

DyronNix

Randy is a great coach just like his dad. Powell has an outstanding team and Halls has an outstanding player. Rase looks like Hargis and Payne looks like Seymour from a few years ago. They've got size and some other pieces. Powell has a shot at winning the region this season.

Edited by chill

Gibbs, Farragut, Anderson County, and Fulton each won their pool.

Frosh tournament at William Blount Saturday:

Pool A-- William Blount, Gibbs, Loudon

Pool B-- CAK, Clinton, Farragut

Pool C-- Anderson County, Alcoa, Lenoir City

Pool D-- Sequoyah, Maryville, Fulton

All teams play minimum of 3 games

OR with a good win over a tough Fulton team at their house 61-50, which isn't an easy thing to do, at all and we did it twice this year. Gonna be a very tough game against Halls @ Halls Tuesday night...Whoever is guarding Moore needs to stick on him like stink on you know what lol Wish i could make it, but my girlfriend got me tickets to go watch my beloved Duke Blue Devils against Clemson Tuesday night. Will be my 1st trip to the famed Cameron Indoor Stadium, it should be quiet the experience. Any die-hard basketball fan should visit there once in there life. Somebody needs to get my number on here and text me updates to the Halls OR game lol

Edited by SweetScience

OR with a good win over a tough Fulton team at their house 61-50, which isn't an easy thing to do, at all and we did it twice this year. Gonna be a very tough game against Halls @ Halls Tuesday night...Whoever is guarding Moore needs to stick on him like stink on you know what lol Wish i could make it, but my girlfriend got me tickets to go watch my beloved Duke Blue Devils against Clemson Tuesday night. Will be my 1st trip to the famed Cameron Indoor Stadium, it should be quiet the experience. Any die-hard basketball fan should visit there once in there life. Somebody needs to get my number on here and text me updates to the Halls OR game lol

You will love Cameron Indoor. I have been lucky to visit there a few times. The first time I walked in I felt like I should kneel down or something. What you are going to love is the stuff that goes on in the stands that TV doesn't show. Hopefully crazy towel guy is still going strong, and the old man that plays the fight song with his trumpet to start the second half is crazy. Also, check out where the announcers have to sit that aren't court side. Its hilarious.

Congrats on the tix. Its definateley a bucket list cross off. I went once and its well worth the trip. Make sure u get there early enough to see some of the campus. The Cathederal is worth the trip itself. Have fun and be careful.

Now the OR/Halls game. I think im gonna go to this one. I hope its a good game but with the way OR has been playing since the Powell game, they should win this one going away. If Halls keeps it with in 10 itll be a good game, and i'd be surprised.

So this is all I will say on the matter. This could have been the game of the year! Both teams threw everything at each other and it was RUINED buy 3 men!!!! Powell is good, they have a GREAT inside game, play a GREAT press. We needed to see how we stack up against top competition, but tonight was a total loss thanks to those 3. I take pity in any and all teams who end up with those guys. BLECH.

I have taken 48 hours to think about the Powell/Halls game- I do agree officiating was poor (both ways!). But number 23 for Halls is the dirtiest player I have ever seen play. Between the cheap shots and trash talking- he is a disgrace to the game and the Halls program. He was sent to the locker room in the 3rd quarter and never returned. Hope the official's keep an eye on him in upcoming games.

The Moore kid from Halls is a good player, but would be better if he was more focused on creating easier opportunities for his teammates. He shoots some flat-out terrible shots. The fact he hits one or two only feeds the bad habit. When he's penetrating and creating I think he's a better ball player. I'd take Cameron Sharpe over him in about one second.

OR is probably going to give them a solid beat-down.

The Moore kid from Halls is a good player, but would be better if he was more focused on creating easier opportunities for his teammates. He shoots some flat-out terrible shots. The fact he hits one or two only feeds the bad habit. When he's penetrating and creating I think he's a better ball player. I'd take Cameron Sharpe over him in about one second.

OR is probably going to give them a solid beat-down.

WOW! Thank YOU for showing up!! If i said that, I'm a biased hater! I couldnt agree with you MOORE! LOL I'll bet Randy wont let anyone else besides his two kids shoot those shots. Yes he makes some of them, but there not good shots! He has the ability to drive and dish but would rather throw up some junk and hope it goes in or the refs bail him out because he falls to the floor every time he shoots something inside the lane. I'll guarantee he has shot more than any one else in the district and that includes games he shouldnt have been in, in the first place. When youre up 38 points he should sit. Ive known Randy along time and saw him coach at Seymour for years, he would NEVER let anyone else take those shots, NEVER. They could be alot better, but when youre one dimensional your easy to defend when it counts, AKA district or region tournys.

Had a chance to watch the much hyped Powell Panthers tonight at AC. The score looks like a blowout but it was a close game until AC started fouling in the fourth. Powell was up 1 after the first quarter and 6 at the half. AC's big man Hayes dominated. AC's other big man was out sick and it hurt on the boards. Hayes held Payne to 7 points and scored almost every time he touched it. Problem is AC couldn't handle Powell's pressure defense. After three quarters Powell was up 9 and milked the clock and shot layups and free throws. Powell has a good team and could make the state this season, but AC looks like a team that will give others trouble.