AP POLL IS A JOKE IN CLASS A

mchsassistman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you pick the final 4 if you dont know the brackets. Jackson County and Union City could play each other in the first round. Its all about the brackets guys. Some of these teams might not even make it due to upsets in the district tournaments which will make great teams play each other. There is literally 10 teams across the state that could win it this year and with that being said, you have about 15 teams that could make it to the state. This is why class A girls basketball is great!!! Good luck to all teams.

You are correct when you say anything can happen come tourney time but I still believe this is a 2 horse race between Union City and Jackson County. There is not 10 teams in Class A that can beat these two teams. Clarkrange definitely can and so could a team like Summertown but no one else really has a shot unless someone gets hurt. Everything being equal its really a 2 horse race the way I see it.

UC over CR/Jackson in the finals, if they're in separate sides of the bracket.

Wish it could happen that way. I remember in I think 2002 JC and McMinn Central were the best two teams in AA going into state. We had to play them in the first round at 10:00 am. We won by 4, putting the second best team out, and destroyed the next two opponents to win it all.

Wish it could happen that way. I remember in I think 2002 JC and McMinn Central were the best two teams in AA going into state. We had to play them in the first round at 10:00 am. We won by 4, putting the second best team out, and destroyed the next two opponents to win it all.

Doesn't just happen at the 'boro either,back in the mid nientys two years in a row Bradford and Scotts Hill swapped the lead to the wire in substate...only to have Bradford advance and blow everyone's doors off at the glass house.Fine bunch of kids never got recgonized for how good they really were.

• 2 weeks later...

Not saying that there's no chance,but picking Scotts Hill is a longshot.Middleton and Madison are capable of beating them in district or region play.Due to matchups Middleton will beat Madison pretty comfortably,but both give the Lady Lions trouble,and whomever they face in district,most likely it'll be the other(or both) in regionals.Then in substate you most likely have two top ten teams in Union City and Gleason,and if not Dresden,Huntingdon,Greenfield,Lake Co,Bradford,ect...are all quality teams capable of making the "show".

TraderTwo, I guess we will see Friday night if Gleason or Scotts Hill will advance or be eliminated. By the way, I don't believe I ever saw your predictions of who will make it to the Boro.

TraderTwo, I guess we will see Friday night if Gleason or Scotts Hill will advance or be eliminated. By the way, I don't believe I ever saw your predictions of who will make it to the Boro.

Guess I'll have to agree with Devilfanatic on the top teams,so from the top down JC and UC are the clear favorites and have been all season.Moore Co.,C'range,Summertown,North Greene,and maybe Greenfield could get hot and give someone problems.15 A has four good teams who all have about the same chance of making the 'Boro,whichever wins region 8 and avoids Union city has a decent shot at Greenfield(or whomever the region 7 second seed is),but in my opinion none are good enough to have a shot at playing on Saturday. Edited by tradertwo

Guess I'll have to agree with Devilfanatic on the top teams,so from the top down JC and UC are the clear favorites and have been all season.Moore Co.,C'range,Summertown,North Greene,and maybe Greenfield could get hot and give someone problems.15 A has four good teams who all have about the same chance of making the 'Boro,whichever wins region 8 and avoids Union city has a decent shot at Greenfield(or whomever the region 7 second seed is,but in my opinion none are good enough to have a shot at playing on Saturday.

I think the the 4 teams that will will be playing for the two tickets to the Boro will probably be Union City, South Fulton, Madison and Scotts Hill. Union City is clearly a favorite and will make it to the final 8. I think the winner of Region 8A may get the other ticket, but I wouldn't want to bet on it. Whoever wants the 2nd ticket better bring their "A" game to the substate game on Saturday. I think this years state tournament will be exciting and fun to watch.

Guess I'll have to agree with Devilfanatic on the top teams,so from the top down JC and UC are the clear favorites and have been all season.Moore Co.,C'range,Summertown,North Greene,and maybe Greenfield could get hot and give someone problems.15 A has four good teams who all have about the same chance of making the 'Boro,whichever wins region 8 and avoids Union city has a decent shot at Greenfield(or whomever the region 7 second seed is),but in my opinion none are good enough to have a shot at playing on Saturday.

Don't forget Cloudland and Hampton from district 1. North Greene finished 3rd behind these 2.