4 Tennesseeans on the 2014 Rivals 100

HTV

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Prevo is very good at the HS level. I don't see him being elite D1 material. I think he is too slender and not fast enough to play at that level. But, that's just me. Someone may recruit him. If they do he will need to add a lot of muscle. He looks very lanky to me. I could see him maybe going to say an MTSU, which isn't bad at all.

Correct. Like you say, he is obviously very good, but when stacked up against guys like that are on that list he doesn't come close. Very good HS player though and would love to have him at OR lol...With that being said he just doesn't have that "elite" speed or size of say a guy like yall had a few years ago in Mobley, HTV. Saw Prevo get run down from behind against us (OR) on more than a few occasions. But, that does mean we were chasing him a lot LOL

You are probably right. But be careful! I do remember those same things said about an alcoa qb several years ago. KY decided to offer, and the Packers are the beneficiary. TN still has egg on their face over Mr. Cobb. Not saying murvil's rb will set any nfl records. But from what I hear, the kid is a worker, and he is very good. If he got the 20-25 carries per game, his 4 year stats would be unbelievable and the D1's would be knockin - again IMO.

Edited by strongx

You are probably right. But be careful! I do remember those same things said about an alcoa qb several years ago. KY decided to offer, and the Packers are the beneficiary. TN still has egg on their face over Mr. Cobb. Not saying murvil's rb will set any nfl records. But from what I hear, the kid is a worker, and he is very good. If he got the 20-25 carries per game, his 4 year stats would be unbelievable and the D1's would be knockin - again IMO.

Prevo is a very good running back and obviously will play at some level of college football. The primary reason it isn't "rated higher" is size, just as it was the case with Charlie High. Prevo is listed at 175. The Maryville folks can certainly attest to the accuracy of that, but 175 is what Rivals has him listed at. Were he a bigger back he would likely be more highly rated/recruited at this point.

Again - not a put down of Prevo. He is an outstanding running back. The 175 will scare a lot of coaches away, however. It's hard to be a major player at running back at the BCS conference level at 175. The positive is that he appears to have the frame to add some weight, which will certainly help him down the road.

All are correct. A heck of a High School running back that has surprising strength, vision, and heart. He just doesn't have the size and speed to be highly rated and to obtain significant D-1 consideration. Having said that I would not have a problem selecting Shawn first if I were putting together a High School team.

Prevo isn't in the same league as Cobb in terms of pure athletic talent. I know that may hurt some Murvil fans feelings, but Cobb is way faster...Like i said, great HS RB, but not an elite athlete.

Edited by SweetScience

Prevo isn't in the same league as Cobb in terms of pure athletic talent. I know that may hurt some Murvil fans feelings, but Cobb is way faster...Like i said, great HS RB, but not an elite athlete.

I don't remember Cobb being that elite in high school. I think he was a young (17 yr old) senior who appeared a little gun shy. No doubt, he is elite right now. So I won't argue with you SS.

Murvil's current RB may not be elite, but he is likely one of the top players to come thru our murvil youth system in a dozen years - along with #2 from last year. Those 2 are probably the best since Tallent and Maples. I am not counting the movins like Burnette, Douglas, and Guillermo.

I know the coaches do a great job, but it was strange that no players signed on signing day. If they did, I aplologize because I missed it. It seems like somebody would make a mistake and take a chance on one of those kids. What's up with that anyway? Why don't more kids get football looks? Are we really that inferior in talent?

I don't remember Cobb being that elite in high school. I think he was a young (17 yr old) senior who appeared a little gun shy. No doubt, he is elite right now. So I won't argue with you SS.

Murvil's current RB may not be elite, but he is likely one of the top players to come thru our murvil youth system in a dozen years - along with #2 from last year. Those 2 are probably the best since Tallent and Maples. I am not counting the movins like Burnette, Douglas, and Guillermo.

I know the coaches do a great job, but it was strange that no players signed on signing day. If they did, I aplologize because I missed it. It seems like somebody would make a mistake and take a chance on one of those kids. What's up with that anyway? Why don't more kids get football looks? Are we really that inferior in talent?

I remember seeing Cobb in HS. Was more impressed with his skill set than i am Prevo. Prevo has great vision and lateral quickness, but it ends there. Maybe if he packed on about 30 lbs of muscle, but then you have to think with his speed not being that great now imagine if he put on 30 lbs? It would slow him down a lot, ya know? Great kid i'm sure and great HS RB, but he is a DII player in my opinion, but i could very well be wrong. And i feel the same way about some of Oak Ridge's kids that didn't get recruited. Elliott Normand didn't even get recruited by ANYBODY...REALLY?! That one just baffles me, although we did have 3 kids sign to play. To not have any kids sign with a college to play and to still be as good as yall were is really a testament to Quarles and staff there at Maryville. And BTW Cobb may not have been elite, but looking back at it now i think his ceiling was much higher than Prevo's in terms of the type of athlete he was and could become. Of course Cobb is faster than Prevo RIGHT NOW lol, but Cobb i think hadn't even tapped his full potential @ Alcoa. He had a lot higher ceiling than shawn, if that makes sense?

Edited by SweetScience