Richland versus Lake County.....who ya got?

tigerinvestigator

Baller, that happened in Memphis at Ridgeway. Way different circumstance. Thanks to Dyer County recruiting kids out of Lake County, this happened. The grass isn't always greener at the bigger school and Lake coaches called Dyer coach his actions. Interesting pregame meeting the last time the two teams squared off. The only people hurt in the situation were the ones that followed the rules but still were burned by this joke of an athletic association. Don't be bitter and claim a team shouldn't be there after you lose to them. Due to forfeits they were 7th in their district and EARNED the right to be there. Good luck Falcons and I will be there tomorrow to cheer on LC and sister in law

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss for Richland boys tonight, what a great team they have and how great there season was! Lake co. Was a class act no doubt to! With that being said TSSAA needs to look into how they let things go! Lake co should not have been allowed in post due to there ineligible player they had during the regular season, not taking anything away from there team but that's nonsense that they are allowed that! With that good luck to lake co tomorrow in the championship game! Class act team, I seen them more than once help Richland players up ad vice versa!

once again,the kid was 16 and a junior.Has always lived in Lake Co.Never moved.Wasnt a transfer.Went to Dyer Co as a freshman and drove the 30 miles each day.After two years at Dyer co,evidently wanted to come back to Lake /co but knew he couldnt without sitting a year.But then decided or told Trenton that he had moved to /Trenton.Only was enrolled at Trenton fo for 4 days.Ended up enrolling at Lake co.But a move wasnt made and he was ruled ineligible.Had he actually moved to Trenton and then back to Lake Co would have been eligible.Or could have sat out 1 full year and been able to play after Christmas next year.Now he messed himself up and I would think is ineligible.Now to the game.Great game.Richland has a fine team.But Lake Co seems to get the worst officiating crew for their games.Once again about 9 fouls to 1.Seemed like at the end of the game,they wanted Lake Co to lose.Called a foul on Lake Co when the player was backing off to avoid the foul.But called the little touch.And put the best free throw shooter for Richland on the line.Then at the end,Richland went backcourt twice with no call.And then missed a free throw on purpose and call Lake Co a foul with 1.4 seconds.And then miss another one and everyone going straight up for a ball and call a foul with .8 tenths of a second left.No official would have called that foul at that time unless just a knock down.Congrats to LC on the win.And to Richland on a fine season.Terrible officiating.But Lake Co also needs to knock down free throws,Could have won by more points if they hit their free throws.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that.one way to stop people having to set out a year is to quit letting them go wherever they please put the schools in zones and make the abide by that! Easy fix. On the fouls well I promise u that Richland understands the refs calling poorly on the other hand lake co did foul a bunch but they play tight defense and that will make them call fouls more hands can't be reaching and slapping on the missed free throws that could have went either way and that was not back court violations there pivot foot was on lake county's side and the other was on rich lands side and the ball hadn't touched rich lands side so that's not a back court violation even though its hard not to think it is! And to end this I'm not bitter that rhs got beat one of them had to win and one lose. I think lake co is a good classy team and obviously worked there way to where there at I never took anything away from the boys I said clearly the school and ad should have been at fault another shouldn't have been in post season because of the but I was told falsely that a 22 yearoldwas playing for lc but a lc fan is who told me that just so u know that's why I dodntgoogle it fyi. Good luck to lc tomorrow 3rd time back to the state, well hey there doing something right

Okay, thanks for clarifying that.one way to stop people having to set out a year is to quit letting them go wherever they please put the schools in zones and make the abide by that! Easy fix. On the fouls well I promise u that Richland understands the refs calling poorly on the other hand lake co did foul a bunch but they play tight defense and that will make them call fouls more hands can't be reaching and slapping on the missed free throws that could have went either way and that was not back court violations there pivot foot was on lake county's side and the other was on rich lands side and the ball hadn't touched rich lands side so that's not a back court violation even though its hard not to think it is! And to end this I'm not bitter that rhs got beat one of them had to win and one lose. I think lake co is a good classy team and obviously worked there way to where there at I never took anything away from the boys I said clearly the school and ad should have been at fault another shouldn't have been in post season because of the but I was told falsely that a 22 yearoldwas playing for lc but a lc fan is who told me that just so u know that's why I dodntgoogle it fyi. Good luck to lc tomorrow 3rd time back to the state, well hey there doing something right

When a team makes the state tournament, all kinds of people show up. Some of which probably haven't even been to a game until the tourney. I noticed a lot of that the first time DeKalb made it to state in baseball a few years ago and in our second game of football against LA this year. there were people there who hadnt even been to home games, criticizing the coach/players/fans like they were authorities on the matter haha...That was probably who you got your info from. Lol. But I figured everyone knew about the man playing at Ridgeway.

Edited by dctiger

Then what happened? I'm not trying be defensive, I'm just curious. They've told one side, so you tell us the other. I had no idea why LC had to forfeit games and never thought to ask...

I have no reason not to believe what Coach B told the papers. Kid said he moved to Trenton played a couple of games then moved back to Lake County. If true, he was eligible. When Lake County found wasn't true, they reported it. Never heard her blame DC to the press though

I have no reason not to believe what Coach B told the papers. Kid said he moved to Trenton played a couple of games then moved back to Lake County. If true, he was eligible. When Lake County found wasn't true, they reported it. Never heard her blame DC to the press though

I honestly didn't know anything about the entire situation...

No one blamed DC for what happened, just recruiting our LC kids which started the whole mess. I understand LC had to forfeit because he played, but to not let them continue their season would have been a travesty. Again LC did nothing wrong and the player was cleared by TSSAA and the LC and Trenton self reported the violation when they realized they had been lied to. He was not some stud player we needed, just a sad situation for the schools and the young man.

Best game of the tourney so far in my opinion.. Could have gone either way.. Poor first qtr didnt help but still had chances to win.. LAKE COUNTY NEEDS TO THANK THE BANK.. #24 banks in a 3 and a free throw... Oh well thats basketball.As for an earlier posts saying richland would finish last in DISTRICT 14.. I DONT THINK SO.. Definitely would have loved to see what the raiders could have done with Humbolt.. This group of country boys has lived up to their potential taking Richland back to the dance for first time since 1990. the 6 Seniors went undefeated in the 8th grade and every since then the pressure was on for them to get to where they were today.. Not too bad for a class that might have 65 to 70 students go thru graduation. I AM PROUD TO BE A RICHLAND RAIDER FAN!!!! Good game LC.. #3 is the real deal.. Oh yeah heres where LC experience in the tourney helped the freakin clockkeeper was slow putting 14.0 on clock heard from a couple of richland players that they saw 1.4 on clock before the missed free throw by #23 thats why the kid heaved it from 65ft. what an ending..

Lynnvegas you should be proud to be a Richland raider!! You guys had a fine team and the young men played their hearts out. sounds as if Richland and LC have alot in common with 60-70 kids graduating, LC has 260 kids in the school(9-12) and typical graduating classes of 55-65.

Edited by wardawg2038