West Tennessee is DOMINATE in high school basketball

ReitzFan

Well these 2 teams playing in 1a championship from west Tennessee are the sloppiest 2 I have seen! With the exception of Bradford being good the rest just run down the court and jack shots up! Sorry but that's not basketball that's backyard ball! Mt pleasant should have beat humbolt and didn't because they went cold in the 2nd half that happens so be it lake co has nothin on offense everything runs off there pg and there offense schemes look worse than elementary schools Saturday league! Just think how good west tn could really be with a little discipline and some REAL coaching. Atleast the lady from lc tries to coach the humboltd coach don't get off his bench he just lets them run and gun! Sloppy pitiful basketball! No fun to watch at all!

Well these 2 teams playing in 1a championship from west Tennessee are the sloppiest 2 I have seen! With the exception of Bradford being good the rest just run down the court and jack shots up! Sorry but that's not basketball that's backyard ball! Mt pleasant should have beat humbolt and didn't because they went cold in the 2nd half that happens so be it lake co has nothin on offense everything runs off there pg and there offense schemes look worse than elementary schools Saturday league! Just think how good west tn could really be with a little discipline and some REAL coaching. Atleast the lady from lc tries to coach the humboltd coach don't get off his bench he just lets them run and gun! Sloppy pitiful basketball! No fun to watch at all!

That's fine everybody has their opinion. It's quite entertaining to me. Much better than some of the other games this week. These teams have played numerous times this season and their giving it their all.

Class A Lake County and Humboldt The District 14A invitational

Class AA Jackson South Side and CPA CPA the lone representative from

middle and east Tennessee in all classes.

Class AAA Southwind and Dyer County

5 of the 6 teams playing for state titles on Saturday are from the west of the Tennessee River.

No doubt that the west dominates round ball.

It is dominant, not dominate. West Tennessee is DOMINANT in basketball because they DOMINATE the competition. The teacher still comes out in me sometimes....lol!

Many posters from the middle and eastern part of the state like to make note of how they dominate football. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in about basketball.

Good luck to Dyer County in AAA, Jackson South Side in AA, and to BOTH teams in A.

I know buddy, i was just messing with ya. Your exactly right. West TN does dominate Basketball. They are kinda like UK in terms of basketball, while the East is the Alabama of football..In other words, both regions love there respective sport more than the others. I would like to think we (OR), Maryville, and a few others in the East are pretty darn good in both. I like having both sports be good, because i get bored after football season is over lol..It's nice to fallback on a pretty good basketball program as well after the gridiron season.

Baller100, I know you want to see the guys play Hoosiers basketball well maybe you need to watch Gene Hackman and Old Hickory play than any of the state games. The west tn teams usually try and maximize their ahletes and run transition offenses. The play pressure defense and that tends to make the play chaotic but if the game becomes chaotic it plays to their advantage. Mt. Pleasant had a good team but they could play Humboldt 10 times and I would bet they lose 9 out of 10 times. I had said all year the Vikings were the best Single A team I had seen all year and they proved it today by beating my Falcons. Oh yeah one last thing that Lady does not try to coach she Coaches and her record speaks for itself.

Lol, we're in West TN and I wish our basketball program could get in on some of this "domination". Most of our athletes are focused solely on the gridiron. I won't complain much about that since I'm a football guy first, but I'd love to see our basketball program start to experience success on a more consistent basis. Like the Oak Ridge fan said above, it's nice to have something to fall back on after football season...lol

Lol, we're in West TN and I wish our basketball program could get in on some of this "domination". Most of our athletes are focused solely on the gridiron. I won't complain much about that since I'm a football guy first, but I'd love to see our basketball program start to experience success on a more consistent basis. Like the Oak Ridge fan said above, it's nice to have something to fall back on after football season...lol

I know the feeling. I think a successful basketball season in Milan would be if they won more games that the football team.... but that rarely ever happens!!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I know the feeling. I think a successful basketball season in Milan would be if they won more games that the football team.... but that rarely ever happens!!!

Pretty much how it goes lol. We'll put some good teams on the court, just not on a very consistent basis, and I still don't think we've ever even made the state tournament. We do play in a tough region, though. Clarksville has always been a basketball town, and the athletes they put on the court reflect it. It's hard to keep up with that in a town that's traditionally football first, baseball second, and basketball third.

Not at all..1 team got a forfeit bc a team from the west cheated ...another team from the west had to forfeit 10 games for cheating and still made it to the boro ..but I'm sure these are isolated cases..odds and past experience says no way..but I'll let y'all be the judge

Great post and I guarantee there is a lot of truth to this! Its hard to compete when you are playing against 20+ year old men and athletes in Memphis can change schools whenever they want without penalty.