9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Mondo44 beat me to the discussion. I agree with eers too. Has there ever been a 5-star player in 9AAA before? I am sure we could conjure up names of many great players even before there were ranking systems but, who knows.  Was Joe Townsend a 3-star guy? I can see 9AAA having a few 3-star players in the near future.

For thought:

A 5-star prospect is considered to be one of the nation's top 25-30 players, 4-star is a top 250-300 or so player, 3-stars is a top 750 level player, 2-stars means the player is a mid-major prospect and 1-star means the player is not ranked.

Sumner County had two 5-star players within 7 miles in a not so grossly dense populated area. That is once in a lifetime.

Edited by TheRealTruth

I think you have to get anointed early on. Malone did not have the stats his soph nor junior year but he was considered a top recruit. I never would have considered Hurd a 5 star guy after his soph year either but somewhere along the line he gained more attention. Most of it falls on these camps and exposure. Of course you must do well at the various high profile camps. These stars sometimes do not pan out though and some of the lower ranked guys really shine. Look at the wide receiver at Vandy, his motto all year was "2 star".

I would rather have a great team than a great player. I am sure most would agree.

GWave1; I couldn't agree more. give me a team that works together over a individuals any day.

Vandy coach said vast majority of schools don't pay attention to star rating. Said they are given to players by geeks who live in their parents basement and don't really know the game. They base everything on size and 40 time. Most don't come close to meeting expectations.

GWave1; I couldn't agree more. give me a team that works together over a individuals any day.

Vandy coach said vast majority of schools don't pay attention to star rating. Said they are given to players by geeks who live in their parents basement and don't really know the game. They base everything on size and 40 time. Most don't come close to meeting expectations.

That's what I would say too, if I were missing out on the 4&5 stars in my state! Lol

In all seriousness, most 4&5's pan out. Where they are often wrong, is the number of 2&3's that exceed expectations.

I have about 1.4 million. That's why I can back up my talk.

2014 9-AAA Prediction

1 - Hendersonville HS

2 - Gallatin HS

3 - Beech HS

4 - Ken Brown HS

5 - Mount Juliet HS

6 - Wilson Central HS

7 - Lebanon HS

8 - Portland HS

I almost choked when I saw this hahaha!!!

I think Don Long would be jealous it does not bear his name. Could be his 1.4 million (I use the term "his" loosely). http://www.everythinghendersonville.com/articles/article412.aspx

Edited by TheRealTruth